Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Very happy with the progress Palm has made. Most of our concerns as a webos community have been or are being addressed.

You one uped us with the video recording by adding editing.

The first generation games look great! Even if they are iPhone ports- the mere fact that EA is now releasing games for this platform is HUGE!!! (Just 10 years ago Sega couldn't get them to support the Dreamcast with a much higher user base)

You made it easier for developers to make and release apps

You addressed hardware issues with a improved slider and increased memory.

Your biggest plus over all the other platforms is your support for the homebrew community... you continue to foster its development!

VERY excited to see what this year brings!

Thank You!
    +1
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    agree completely, +14
    This signature for rent
    I agree as well. You can always one up the other companies by listening to the community and the people that buy your products.
    PreDoodle - http://www.predoodle.com
    Palm Pre Comics and WebOS Humor all served up in a digital doodle fashion!
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    I agree with this one! I'm more proud than ever to be a 1st gen Pre owner !!
    Thanks, Palm. Can't wait for Flash.
    Ditto to all... Great comeback Palm!
    Ditto ! Thank you PALM. Keep it up!
    What, a positive thread? Kinda like a square peg in a round hole around here. I totally agree though, Palm rocks! lol
    ea has a bunch of games I hope they port them all over, hopefully this is just a start, I mean I still expect for the iphone to get them first due to the userbase but thats ok
    Link to story, article, video? I am assuming this is a CES announcement, but I have been working all day, haven't seen the latest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post
    Link to story, article, video? I am assuming this is a CES announcement, but I have been working all day, haven't seen the latest.
    Precentral front page might be a good start.
    Well done indeed! While I'm a little disappointed that there's still no ETA for paid apps in Canada (including all those great new games!), this was definitely an exciting day. Video recording, flash, more developer tools & incentives, and even a much-deserved shout-out to the homebrew community.

This really helped prove that Palm is still delivering to its customers. Looking forward to what the next few months will bring!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Thanks Palm. I'm looking forward to great things.
    +1 but still a long way to go to survive in competing with other platform
    The Pre is great, now they have to market it. The best things aren't always the most successful. Many mediocre things become successful just because of good marketing. Just like how Britney Spears and Paris Hilton are stars even though they don't actually do anything well other than get publicity. Maybe they should leak a sex video of the Pre.
    Last edited by speak easy; 01/07/2010 at 10:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speak easy View Post
    Maybe they should leak a sex video of the Pre.
    How about making a sex video of Paris using the Pre's new video camera capability?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I'm way super thrilled with the OS advances announced but, while I wasn't really expecting any new device announcements, I was kind of hoping (OK dreaming would be a better word ) we would see a device with a 3.5 inch screen and a snapdragon chip up on the big screen behind ye old CEO.

btw...I want Bing maps available asap - the only software thing I really wanted to see that wasn't announced.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Agreed! And it seems that these apps are selling extremely well.

NFSU already has 2K downloads - That's 20K in revenue; and 8K of that is Palm's. In just one day! Maybe the app catalog won't be a means for Palm to flush cash down the toilet. I think I will hold on to my Palm shares
    Exciting times! I, too, am proud to be a (slightly later) early adopter (got mine in early September). I would never leave Sprint, and I don't get my upgrade until next fall, anyway. I will be very interested to see what the next Pre for Sprint is, and thrilled to get it when my upgrade is available, but I am very happy with the Pre I have right now, especially with what the February OTA update will bring in terms of flash, and potentially full use of the GPU.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast