Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Am i the only one that think Sprint got the short hand of the stick? I really dont care about to button being gone. BUT 16 GIGS COME ONE, I have only 3 gigs of free space!!!!!!, but i cant wait for feb!!!!
    thats how it goes same with sprint getting the hero and verizon the droid eris
    i bet by the time it comes out on verizon it will be one sprint as well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The way I see it...

It is not that huge of a difference. Do I want it? Yes, and that is why I am glad it did not come. I would be trying to get this and be mad I did not wait on my contract.

Also, I think they will come out with a new pre this year for Sprint and AT&T
    16GB Pre is not the end of the story for Palm. There will always be bigger and better things to come.
    Considering Sprint got the phone a whole 6 mos early I really don't. Also it being a first gen device they were bound to end up tweaking it and making it better. There's no word on the length of Verizon's exclusivity but I doubt it'll be too long. As for the rest of today's announcements I'm quite pleased. Looking forward to flash, video recording and 3d gaming as well. So no, I'm not gonna complain.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i bet by the time it comes out on verizon it will be one sprint as well

thats a big if. its around the corner, and no spy form sprint hasnt said anything about a 2nd pre, I dont know man! i dont see it happening
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by evolutionary View Post
    Considering Sprint got the phone a whole 6 mos early I really don't. Also it being a first gen device they were bound to end up tweaking it and making it better. There's no word on the length of Verizon's exclusivity but I doubt it'll be too long. As for the rest of today's announcements I'm quite pleased. Looking forward to flash, video recording and 3d gaming as well. So no, I'm not gonna complain.

yeah i love this,,,cant wait for the new update1.4,,,,uhmmm question, it may be dum but i have no clue. did they say anything about gpu being unlock, or is that automatic cuz we got the 3d games now in the app store
    Just like the car industry, they upgrade the present model before coming out with a new one. Would rather not have your Pre for 6 months and have what's out now? Not me, with a few software tweaks (flash and better apps) I will be fine untill the bigger and better model comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    thats a big if. its around the corner, and no spy form sprint hasnt said anything about a 2nd pre, I dont know man! i dont see it happening
    You don't? I think it was just a little over a week or so ago that folks were saying Palm would never have "real" games on the Pre...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    its just natural development in this market, Im sure there will be Pre 2 out somewhere in June on sprint with all the bells and whistles.

Pre is very capable, and 3D, native apps are coming over, thats quite a treat already.
    I'm more bothered by the more RAM assuming its actually there than the amount of internal memory. A lot of people myself included are having trouble running these new 3D games as is.

HOWEVER
    that plus stands for a little bit more than upgraded hardware considering its on Verizon. I honestly dont think its worth the extra mulah in the end.

I trust Palm wont leave Sprint out to dry like that. I without a doubt expect palm to drop the next generation with Sprint.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    You don't? I think it was just a little over a week or so ago that folks were saying Palm would never have "real" games on the Pre...

lol i wasnt one of them. palm is a smart company, i just dont think they going to have one for sprint in acouple of weeks. I agreed with the guy thats said 2nd gen will go to sprint, and that not going to happen this month,,,,
  14.    #14  
    No words on the gpu ?
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Just like the car industry, they upgrade the present model before coming out with a new one. Would rather not have your Pre for 6 months and have what's out now? Not me, with a few software tweaks (flash and better apps) I will be fine untill the bigger and better model comes out.
    Which will probably come out near June, just in time for upgrades on Sprint. I've had the pre from day one, have gone through the growing pains, the growth of Homebrew, the excitement that came with every update, the thrill of discovering a new patch...They get the pre plus 6 months later. I wouldn't give up that experience for another 8 gigs of storage. 512 MB RAM though...Sounds mighty fun. Pre2, where are you!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    Am i the only one that think Sprint got the short hand of the stick? I really dont care about to button being gone. BUT 16 GIGS COME ONE, I have only 3 gigs of free space!!!!!!, but i cant wait for feb!!!!
    Yeah, they should cut down on the memory on the Verizon machines, so all of us Sprint users can be happier.
    That'd work...
    Uh... Kinda
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Yeah, they should cut down on the memory on the Verizon machines, so all of us Sprint users can be happier.
    That'd work...
    Uh... Kinda

YEAH!!!!!! lmao
    Ok evrybody are you serious? Man come on! What palm just did is not right....PERIOD! I feel like they just spit in my face. I mean we went through all the BS with hardware and bugs and everything else for VW to reap the benefits. Are you guys really that naive? 16 gigs and 512 ram better build quality! Sprint just got step on along with everyone that purchase a palm pre. I am truly ****ed! Boy google better not make a CDMA Nexus One... I mean we are getting excited about what every pre will have including VW, but on a better phone.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Didn't anyone read the details of the announcements on the front page? 1.4 update will extend all the same features to current WebOS Pre phones including video, enabling the GPU, and enabling the full 16GB memory with the existing hardware. So what is everyone complaining about? Huh? Yeah, I didn't read that last part either about enabling the 16B, but it would have been really cool.
    Most of us signed 2 year contracts so although it is a little dissapointing that there are upgrades now available for the Pre that I can't get, I also think this is a situation that should be expected. Even if Sprint were to get the Pre plus next month I couldn't afford to pay full retail to purchase it.

What would make me upset is if Palm stopped trying to make performance tweaks and enhancements to our version of the Pre because the new Pre Plus doesn't need them (if the increased Pre Plus RAM has even been confirmed, I'm still seeing conflicting reports?).

I'm going to enjoy my Pre, my new games (the ones I can afford), the new video option and flash and I'll see what's out there come June. I'm sure there are some Droid owners out there who are just as upset with Verizon, T-mobile and google as some of you are now that the Nexus 1 is out (Much sooner than the Pre Plus update came as well). It's all a never ending cycle.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast