Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Now that VZW is getting the Palm Pre and Pixi, do you think they will do advertisements that will be effective in drawing in customers for the Palm line?

    I think that with VZW on board, bringing that huge customer base, the Palm line can really start to make in roads into iPhone marketshare. Which means more quality apps for all of us.

    Thoughts?
  2. #2  
    VZW i think did a great job promoting the Droid, the sells on that brick phone is off the roof and still climbing. I hope VZW goes Just as hard for palm. Z you right VZW is HUGE, definite a good look for Palm. But am i the only one that think Sprint the short hand of the stick? I really dont care about to button being gone. BUT 16 GIGS COME ONE, I have only 3 gigs of free space!!!!!!I cant wait for the commercials. I see the stock for palm went up $11.18 too
  3. #3  
    One thing for sure, even if Verizon did nothing, they couldn't do any worse of job of marketing the Pre than Palm did (creepy lady). I am sure they will include the Palm products in their general ads, but since they spent 100 million on the Droid, I doubt they will do any independent ads on the Pre or Pixi.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    VZW i think did a great job promoting the Droid, the sells on that brick phone is off the roof and still climbing. I hope VZW goes Just as hard for palm. Z you right VZW is HUGE, definite a good look for Palm. But am i the only one that think Sprint the short hand of the stick? I really dont care about to button being gone. BUT 16 GIGS COME ONE, I have only 3 gigs of free space!!!!!!I cant wait for the commercials. I see the stock for palm went up $11.18 too
    It's not the internal storage increase that makes me feel left out, but the 512 RAM. Have you tried to run one of the new apps like Sims or Need for Speed and open other cards as well yet? You'll only get 2 or 3 total. Not complaining, just having the new app abilities gives me a rush, but I also get a rush of jealousy thinking about pre plus users playing with twice the RAM. Ah well, wait for June when Sprint gets the pre2. I wouldn't be upgrading until then anyways =)
  5. #5  
    I doubt if VZN will devote the advertising budget on the pre and pixi that they spent on Droid. VZN will just include the phones in their list of smart phones to bait customers in and then try to sell them something else.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    It's not the internal storage increase that makes me feel left out, but the 512 RAM. Have you tried to run one of the new apps like Sims or Need for Speed and open other cards as well yet? You'll only get 2 or 3 total. Not complaining, just having the new app abilities gives me a rush, but I also get a rush of jealousy thinking about pre plus users playing with twice the RAM. Ah well, wait for June when Sprint gets the pre2. I wouldn't be upgrading until then anyways =)

    why is everybody saying june for the 2nd gen pre?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    why is everybody saying june for the 2nd gen pre?
    Honestly, it's purely speculation at this point, but June seems like a great time for Palm to refresh the WebOS line of products, especially since the Pre released in June. Plus, it works for Apple and the iPhone, so why not work for Palm as well?
  8. dwhall's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #8  
    The only advertisement they needed for me was Sprint not backing up it's hardware when my pre got the usb crack. I am now on Verizon with a droid using it for work until the pre comes out on Verizon. Hopefully they back up their stuff better than Sprint did :|
  9. #9  
    Huh?
  10. LurkerX's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhall View Post
    The only advertisement they needed for me was Sprint not backing up it's hardware when my pre got the usb crack. I am now on Verizon with a droid using it for work until the pre comes out on Verizon. Hopefully they back up their stuff better than Sprint did :|


    Psst, it's called the PALM Profile, not the Sprint Profile for a reason...

    I tarball up everything on my phone and back it up to my PC. Always better to do your own backups rather than trust others.
  11. #11  
    on this note im surprised there have been any leaked like with sprint
    Pre be with you.

    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

    Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
  12.    #12  
    I hear everyone's complaints about not getting the same hardware specs as the Pre Plus, and I can't say I don't feel a tinge of jealousy myself. However, we did sign up for the first gen phone and hopefully we will be rewarded with a new phone with better specs come June.

    I want to point out that I am also happy that Palm made the hardware changes they did. Here is my reason why this would be good even for us early adopters:

    If the Pre is speedy and without hardware issues then the Pre will catch on with VZW's huge customer base. This will lead to a phone that can really compete in the smartphone market.
  13. #13  
    Just curious, has anyone seen pricing for these phones on VZW?
  14. LurkerX's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroven Taulrok View Post
    Just curious, has anyone seen pricing for these phones on VZW?
    Palm's CEO was quoted in every blog from everyone at the event as saying they weren't going to tell the pricing yet.

Posting Permissions