1.    #1  
    Hoping that VZ navigator comes free on the Palm Pre Plus.

It's mentioned on the Press Release (no mention of free) and Dieter mentioned it quickly in his hands-on, but any official word on this?
  2.    #2  
    Anyone know?

Many forums posters here have said it's not free, but Dieter on the main Precentral site says it is free.
    well again just like with sprint, they will require you to get a plan which has it included being such a data intensive phone....
    I would assume it comes with the Pre Plus, but you need to have a plan that utilizes it for it to be free to use.
    This is Verizon we are talking about here, I'm almost positive it will be an extra charge to use VZ Navigator and the Tethering. Luckily I need neither as I find standalone GPS units work much better, although I might want to try Tethering as long as the price isn't ridiculous.
    they said it is extra to use the tethering app
    Verizon charges extra for EVERYTHING. That's why I jumped ship to Sprint when the pre came out.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    VZ Nav comes on EVERY Verizon phone, and every Verizon phone is advertised as having VZ Nav, but they charge extra for using it.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
  9.    #9  
    Was just kinda confused because Dieter mentioned it as free during his hands-on.

Thanks for the input everyone, still hopeful though.
    Just because Verizon is getting a phone that was first on Sprint, does not mean that Verizon will start to adopt Sprint's pricing policies.

another reason why the consumer masses will think that Verizon's new lower rates are something special, when they're not.......especially after Verizon gets done charging you their fees.

Point yourself in the right direction with VZ Navigator

With audible turn-by-turn directions, you can locate nearly fourteen million points of interest in the U.S., including landmarks, restaurants and even ATMs. VZ Navigator uses GPS positioning to tell you where you are, what's nearby, and to give you directions - quickly and easily.

$9.99 monthly access
    $2.99 per day (good for 24 hours)

Using audible turn-by-turn directions, you can locate nearly fourteen million points of interest in the U.S.A. such as landmarks, restaurants and ATMs. VZ Navigator uses GPS positioning to tell you where you are, what's near you and to give you directions to places, quickly and easily.
    VZ Navigator
    VZ Navigator is FREE on Droid Phones ...
    I asked the store rep the other day about Pre Plus - "We have No Information on any pricing." This was 01-15-10. "It will require a $29.99/mo data plan." Pretty sure tethering will require a "Mobile Broadband" plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmpewter View Post
    VZ Navigator is FREE on Droid Phones ...
    I asked the store rep the other day about Pre Plus - "We have No Information on any pricing." This was 01-15-10. "It will require a $29.99/mo data plan." Pretty sure tethering will require a "Mobile Broadband" plan.
    VZ Navigator is not free on Droid phones. It's not even ON Droid phones with Verizon because of Google Maps.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    VZ Navigator costs extra on my Blackberry Tour. It is GPS enabled, and for the longest time, you could not even use Google Maps with it.

Verizon had locked the GPS so you could only use it with their paid VZ Navigator service. They just recently unlocked it to work with Google.

I can't imagine Verizon throwing this in on the Pre, especially since they haven't done that on any of their other phones.
    When i had the HORRIBLE / laggy/crash prone/ 5 minute to reboot BlackBerry Storm VZ Nav was $10 a month extra...
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I read somewhere in the forum a few days ago about a VZ store employee that posted they had training, and VZ Nav was going to be 9.99 per month. This would be consistent...(the beggars). I always activate it on my wifes Razr when we vacation, then kill it when we get home. That way I only pay a few bucks.