Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been a long time fan of Monopoly, but could never find anyone to play with me. Hopefully this app will fix that!

Monopoly weighs in at a hefty 59MB, not that it's much of a problem now that the app limit has been lifted but it's still noted. Loading time was about 10 seconds to get to the main menu.

The first thing I noticed was how great this app looks. Definitely iPhone caliber quality here, not that I expected anything else. Coming from what are essentially web-apps to 3-D quality gaming is quite a shock though.

To see the game in action, check out a youtube video of the iPhone version of monopoly, because it is the same thing.

Unfortunately, taking screenshots of the game in action results in a blank image file, so I can't take any pictures.

As far as gameplay goes, there is no watering-down going on. This is the full monopoly game with everything you would expect including a robust trading and auctioning system. The UI elements seem a little difficult to hit at times because of how small they are, but it's not too big of a problem.
    Last edited by Roisen; 01/07/2010 at 05:07 PM.
    is it online?
    would love to see a video of game play and features
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by brancleveland View Post
    is it online?
    No there is no online play
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmKing View Post
    would love to see a video of game play and features

Like I said it's the same as the iPhone version (with the exception of multiplayer on multiple devices)
    I bought it and haven't had but about 10 minutes of playing around with it but the graphics seem quite impressive and the animations seems to be pretty smooth.

I won't comment on gameplay yet though as I've not had time to do much with it.
    weak sauce.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    does the game pause when you switch apps but don't go into card view? i love preopoly because i don't have to watch the cpu take their turn and can come back with a trade request waiting for me.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    So no wifi or bluetooth multiplayer? Also, why is it 1 dollar more then the itunes app store? Does that make any sense?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    does the game pause when you switch apps but don't go into card view? i love preopoly because i don't have to watch the cpu take their turn and can come back with a trade request waiting for me.
    The game pauses if the card loses focus in any way, whether through swiping up, the center button, using a full swipe to switch to another card, or if you press the power button to turn off the screen. You can still receive notifications though
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post
    So no wifi or bluetooth multiplayer? Also, why is it 1 dollar more then the itunes app store? Does that make any sense?
    No device-to-device multiplayer. It's more expensive because there is less competition in the games catergory in the app catalog than in the app store, and because there is arguably greater demand for 3D games.
    The reason for being more expensive is the amount of people that own pre's compared to Iphones give it time especially if palm does a really good on verizon I see these apps coming down in price in the future...
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roisen View Post
    The game pauses if the card loses focus in any way, whether through swiping up, the center button, using a full swipe to switch to another card, or if you press the power button to turn off the screen. You can still receive notifications though
    Thanks, hopefully it comes in and update in the future.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Just bought the app... gonna write up a review soon.
    so I can only play with AI. Or humans but have to hand the phone to them when their turn comes?
    I purchased this and have been playing it for about 20 minutes. As someone said on another thread "Palm, why were you holding out on us?" This is pure Monopoly with a very acceptable AI, nice sound, and stellar graphics. Very awesome.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmKing View Post
    so I can only play with AI. Or humans but have to hand the phone to them when their turn comes?
    That is correct

Edit: or a mix of the two, like one friend and two AI
    Last edited by Roisen; 01/07/2010 at 06:56 PM.
    This is the first game I purchased and its great, eventhough i do enjoj NFS more
    damn it was online multiplayer play i would buy it in a heartbeat
    I used to have an iPhone and bought the same EA version of Monopoly and was disappointed at how slow the animations are (smooth, but painfully slow, and no option to skip through). You have to wait for the dice to roll, wait for the piece to go around the board, wait for the room to spin around once or twice... Is this version basically a carbon copy? If so then I will stick with Preopoly...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast