Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    The mytether 3d gaming fix is now automated in xorg tools link below.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    Thanks!
    .mytether folder replace worked 4 me too!

And, now w/Mobile Hotspot and freeTether, it' Buh Bye to MyTether. So much for my $15........ :-(
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Ok.... I followed the directions given but when I try to open the .rar file, I get an error message from windows that says: Windows cannot open this file.
    Can someone please tell me how to open the .rar file so that I can extract the .mytether folder.

Thanks
    do a google search for 7zip and download, then install (to extract the .rar file)

here is my post from the need for speed problems thread:

for those of you having trouble launching the new games like Doom, Quake, NFS, Asphalt 5, etc., it *may* be the mytether issue. it was for me.
    This is what I did (found it on another thread on the forums):
    -Download the following .rar file: asabutton.com/PalmPre/MyTetherPatch/mytether.rar (type www. to make it a real link, etc.)
    -Enable wifi patch in MyTether and restart when prompted.
    -Connect phone in usb drive mode.
    -Navigate to your pre drive. Locate the .mytether folder and replace it with the .mytether folder in the downloaded .rar file.
    -Disable wifi patch in MyTether and restart when prompted.

You can use a free program like 7zip to extract the rar file. There is no need to doctor if this method is successful for you. Just try it first.

I tested mytether after I did this fix and it works (patching, unpatching, then running Asphalt 5, Doom, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by instalectual View Post
    Here is the solution that has worked for some, myself included...

-Download the following .rar file: asabutton.com/PalmPre/MyTetherPatch/mytether.rar
    -Navigate to your pre drive. Locate the .mytether folder and replace it with the .mytether folder in the downloaded .rar file.

That should be all there is to it. Just a note, I haven't tried to use MyTether after applying this fix...
    worked for me after following the instructions and having everything work fine, i reinstalled mytether patch, reset, and the wifi works! after disabling wifi and unpatching mytether, the games work!!! NFSU tested: loads fine, movies work, menu works, game plays (no issues w/ first level , but thats with music and default settings). Quake: works, but i couldnt get the look function to work (not even sure if it has a look function, first time playing)

all in all, this looks like a Jesus patch, i don't know why Aonic is having these issues with mytether and why he can't fix them himself. i suspect that he has been applying his efforts to creating a mobile hotspot program similar to the one verizon customers are getting, hopefully one that wont need to apply patches and restart or break my functionality of anything on my pre.
    Last edited by jmcloud_utk; 01/26/2010 at 08:49 AM. Reason: clarity
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    The mytether 3d gaming fix is now automated in xorg tools link below.
    ??? where's the link???
    I had a issue with a modern warfare 2 theme removed it with preware and in the top left of my phone it still said modern warfare 2 instead of sprint tried with webos Qi it would not recignize my phone did some reading found out I had a corrupt file so I deleted webos qi and web os doctor and redownloaded it. Worked fine then maybe that will help your problem with webos qi. I dont know no much about this stuff I new to this kind of thing but it worked for me.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I have a "fresh" Pre, and I've never had mytether installed on it. I have been using the leaked mobile hotspot (with appropriate patch) since about CES. I can launch all my official games from gameloft, but not Quake, Doom, or SuperTux. I am not convinced this patch will work for me. Anyone else have a similar story? Or a solution?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I had an odd situation with my new factory-fresh Pre (no patches) and downloaded games that may be unrelated to everything in this thread, but here goes...

I downloaded several games without a problem including NFSU, X-Plane Carrier, and Let's Golf. All installed fine, and all worked the first time I tried them. A few hours later I went to try them again, and none would start up. When I pressed the icons, they would animate briefly but not fully as it does during a proper launch, and then nothing would happen. I then noticed that I had the App Store card still running in background. At some point my internet connection had dropped, and even though my internet connection had long been re-established and was working fine, the App Store card had a warning message that had been sitting there for a few hours without being dismissed that said you need to be connected to the internet for the App Store to work. As soon as I brought the App Store card to front, clicked the "OK" button, all my previously downloaded and installed games worked again.
    Last edited by dcpmark; 02/01/2010 at 08:00 PM.
    worked for me! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by instalectual View Post
    Here is the solution that has worked for some, myself included...

-Download the following .rar file: asabutton.com/PalmPre/MyTetherPatch/mytether.rar

That should be all there is to it. Just a note, I haven't tried to use MyTether after applying this fix...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    awesome
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234