Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Casey View Post
    I cannot get the patches to remove either through Preware EPR or WebOS Install. It says there are no patches, but they are still there no matter how many times I restart. And Games still won't even start. Help!
    a partial erase will do the trick also. I had the same problem also. After I doctored my phone I installed preware and all my patches showed that they were still installed which they were not. So I took a trip to the webos internal irc chat and someone helped me. I deleted the ipkg patches in the terminal app but I don't remember what he made me type. But he told me another way is to do a partial erase. But you will lose all of your apps and will have to redownload them.
    I have done the partial erase a couple of times without any change. Each time I come back, the top bar still shows battery percent and date patches which I supposedly removed. My patches still show up on the phone even though they don't show up under Preware or WebOSQI.
    And now I can't get WebOSQI to recognize the Pre at all. I have reset the phone a number of times, I have turned Dev Mode on and off and on several times, I have updated Java to the latest version, I have confirmed that Novacom is started, I have confirmed that the Device to use is the USB Device, I have always chosen "Just Charge" when connecting, I have checked my connections each time (the PC alert sounds each time the Pre resets or I unplug and plug in again.
    Can anyone help me get connected to WebOSQI again? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupator View Post
    This worked for me also. I had Monopoly that wouldn't start after the wifi patch. I followed these instructions and just played a full game.
    It did not work for me, I tried the patch on/replace folder/patch off and nothing happened. I even removed MyTether, and still X-Plane/Tetris and Need for Speed will not start.
    Скачать бесплатно работу по дисциплине freereferat net/category_32 html ] Государственный бюджет

Республика Молдова

Коллекция рефератов
    What is that? I'm sure there is an answer but I don't gdt it. Anyone help me get connected to WebOSQI?
    Unfortunately replacing the .mytether folder didn't work for me and I had previously tried erasing everything on the phone, doctoring it, and EPR. Nothing has worked so far
    Same with me. I have tried everything short of doctoring the phone, and I am afraid of that. Looks like I maight have to take that last resort and see if that does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by instalectual View Post
    Here is the solution that has worked for some, myself included...

-Download the following .rar file: asabutton.com/PalmPre/MyTetherPatch/mytether.rar
    -Enable wifi patch in MyTether and restart when prompted.
    -Connect phone in usb drive mode.
    -Navigate to your pre drive. Locate the .mytether folder and replace it with the .mytether folder in the downloaded .rar file.
    -Disable wifi patch in MyTether and restart when prompted.

That should be all there is to it. Just a note, I haven't tried to use MyTether after applying this fix...
    ok, a few problems.

1: I downloaded the RAR file and once extracted nothing is there.
    2: When I mount my pre in USB mode I do not see a .mytether folder

uhh help? Please?
    If you are getting the message telling you to restart to complete installation, you need to go to Preware and install the Emergency Migration Helper. Go to the list of everything and search for 'emergency' it will show up. After that, restart the phone and the games should install without any errors.
    Replacing the folder worked for me too. Quite simple.
    I have the same issue with DOOM and Quake. The icon flashes, it says it's starting, and yet nothing happens. But I have no issues with any commercial games I bought (Sims, NFS, Asphalt). I also don't have MyTether.

Should I try to patch MyTether, even if I don't have it? Will that make Quake and DOOM work?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts

-Download the following .rar file: asabutton.com/PalmPre/MyTetherPatch/mytether.rar
    -Navigate to your pre drive. Locate the .mytether folder and replace it with the .mytether folder in the downloaded .rar file.

That should be all there is to it. Just a note, I haven't tried to use MyTether after applying this fix...
    Perfect Fix
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!
    Well, after all else failed, I finally found the nerve to Dr my phone. Finally removed the half-dozen patches that I could not remove. And, after a week, I was finally able to play the 3D games I had purchased. Now I just have to get the nerve to re-install my patches and My Tether.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM View Post
    Perfect Fix
    Agree. Worked very nicely for me. Haven't tried MT again yet but plan to soon.
    so after using the new .rar we won't be able to wifi tether?
    can anyone tell me why when I try to play asphalt5 my phone says I hav to many cards open but there are no cards open? After I reset my phone it will work fine as long as I don't open any other cards b4 the asphalt5 game?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    This site is the greatest.

I had the same problem and replacing the .mytether folder worked perfectly.

Now, to be totally clear, I *CAN* use mytether now AND still play the 3D games? It seems the answer to that is in the affirmative, but in paranoia I ask again.

thanks all!
    when i tried to unpack the new .rar it doesn't do anything, any thoughts
    Quote Originally Posted by dano99a View Post
    ok, a few problems.

1: I downloaded the RAR file and once extracted nothing is there.
    2: When I mount my pre in USB mode I do not see a .mytether folder

uhh help? Please?
    If you are using the "UnRAR.exe" program, supply an "x" (without the quotes) argument instead of the "e".

In other words:
    unrar x mytether.rar
    instead of
    unrar e mytether.rar

The directory beginning with a . might be hidden and not showing up, so just cd to there anyway:
    ie:
    cd .mytether
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Did this and it worked for me, thankx!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast