1.    #1  
    I LOVE the pre to death but hate the fact that STILL to this day they have not included a backup solution to backup EVERYTHING as you can on older palm devices mainly pics and text as well as call logs...

Simple things including call log timers, text message times n all I mean KNOW most of this stuff is available through homebrew but thats my point guys dont you agree PALM should do all this we shouldn't have to wait for someone else to lol..
    Your post belongs here.
    Actually, no. The whole point of a cloud-based service is not having to back every little thing up. I personally have no need to keep my call logs--I delete them once a week. Same with my sms, though that's usually once a month. Everything else, numbers and such, is saved to google.

I did purchase the missing sync, but don't use it very often, about once a week for a hard backup. I like where Palm went with this. Then again, it's only my opinion, so I can see why a lot of people miss the old hotsync.
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    Actually, no. The whole point of a cloud-based service is not having to back every little thing up. I personally have no need to keep my call logs--I delete them once a week. Same with my sms, though that's usually once a month. Everything else, numbers and such, is saved to google.

I did purchase the missing sync, but don't use it very often, about once a week for a hard backup. I like where Palm went with this. Then again, it's only my opinion, so I can see why a lot of people miss the old hotsync.
    I want full backup/restore as i'm sure many do. That might not be the point of a cloud based service, but it's sure the point of having a smartphone.

But i'm confident it will be here soon.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts

Until we end up like sidekick users, a server decides to go capoot, then everyones profiles are screwed....
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I want full backup/restore as i'm sure many do. That might not be the point of a cloud based service, but it's sure the point of having a smartphone.

But i'm confident it will be here soon.
    Like I said, I can see the value of it. But I understand why it's not high on their list--it's the opposite of what they're doing.

And hey, a smartphone that requires no hard backups would be pretty smart, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Until we end up like sidekick users, a server decides to go capoot, then everyones profiles are screwed....
    It does happen--I admit that, and to having a hard backup or two of my own. I don't use them very often though, and I'm fond of the whole google approach.
    It does happen--I admit that, and to having a hard backup or two of my own. I don't use them very often though, and I'm fond of the whole google approach.
    I agree. the cloud is the way of the future and google is doing right. local backn up is so 1990. but i still do believe that your data should be stored in at lease two places. I keep my stuff on Yahoos cloud and Google Cloud. just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    A year later at CES and Still no sign of features older Palms were known for...
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I think your title says it all, "old" is out. Get used to it.
    bluetooth file transfer for files. Ability to export import contacts. Also being able to set reminders greater than one hr but less than 1 day. A task app that has time reminders. Not just the day of the week.