1.    #1  
    so i know we have 3d games now which is awesome, but there hasnt seemed to be much info on the GPU being fully integrated... thoughts and ideas on this??? are we to assume its on because we have NFS now or what??? lol i mean that cant be the official intro to GPU usage can it????
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest09 View Post
    so i know we have 3d games now which is awesome, but there hasnt seemed to be much info on the GPU being fully integrated... thoughts and ideas on this??? are we to assume its on because we have NFS now or what??? lol i mean that cant be the official intro to GPU usage can it????
    that is the 'intro' to gpu, it is fully utilized in these games.
    There is no way in the world those games are not using the GPU. OpenGL pretty much means GPU.

The primary function of a GPU is 3D graphics.
    the issue was never that it wasn't useable, it's that people want it seperate from the CPU so that menus and animations load and flow smoothly.
  5.    #5  
    exactly, like are we gonna see it utilized in the rest of the phone, not the minor things but having multiple high value cards open and the such....
    full gpu support is what we need !!! for everything in the phone man!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    From Palm's own website...

However, we are hard at work delivering similar capabilities to all webOS applications. While we are not yet ready to announce our specific SDK plans in this area, we are closely tracking the rapid evolution of browser capabilities based on emerging standards, such as WebGL, CSS Transforms, and O3D for 3D graphics, and we are enormously excited about their potential to revolutionize the web.

That paragraph alone says that Palm will fully utilize the GPU throughout all of webOS shortly.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    I hope so. I can't wait.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    From Palm's own website...

However, we are hard at work delivering similar capabilities to all webOS applications. While we are not yet ready to announce our specific SDK plans in this area, we are closely tracking the rapid evolution of browser capabilities based on emerging standards, such as WebGL, CSS Transforms, and O3D for 3D graphics, and we are enormously excited about their potential to revolutionize the web.

That paragraph alone says that Palm will fully utilize the GPU throughout all of webOS shortly.
    Where do you get "shortly" from? WebGL is a good 8 or 9 months out still? Do you consider that soon?