My slider works just like that one....and it is 3.5 months old now.
    My phone is snappy like that always has been. However my keyboard doesn't "click" like in the video of the Palm Plus.
  3.    #4  
    Aside from the slider and the non-button, looks to be the same. It would be nice if the switch on top was more robust - less prone to break. Guess we'll see.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Good news or bad news?
    I mean, you're talking to sprint customers here... the early adopters.

Screw Verizon. I still don't see what people see in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Screw Verizon. I still don't see what people see in them.
    No signal here if I wanted them.
    I agree. Though i think its kinda messed up that palm basically "short changed" sprint leaving them with outdated hardware (for now). Verizon sucks =P
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Doesn't palm update their phone line up for all carriers sooner or later?
    Not enough updates in hardware yet to make me want to upgrade. My hardware is fine (launch day pre), slide works smoothly, so with the addition of flash and other updates I am good to go untill the next big leap in technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by BronTron View Post
    I agree. Though i think its kinda messed up that palm basically "short changed" sprint leaving them with outdated hardware (for now). Verizon sucks =P
    Should there never be progress then? Everything begins its journey to becoming outdated the moment it is release. Verizon's Pre will suffer the same fate. If that weren't the case, I'd still have my Nokia 5120 from 10+ years ago.

Also, the original Pre was obviously a v1.0 product, with all of the cool stuff but also all the drawbacks that come with it. Hopefully when I am ready to upgrade there will be an even better WebOS device out there (or who knows, maybe another platform altogether).
    Quote Originally Posted by alt130 View Post
    Should there never be progress then? Everything begins its journey to becoming outdated the moment it is release. Verizon's Pre will suffer the same fate. If that weren't the case, I'd still have my Nokia 5120 from 10+ years ago.

Also, the original Pre was obviously a v1.0 product, with all of the cool stuff but also all the drawbacks that come with it. Hopefully when I am ready to upgrade there will be an even better WebOS device out there (or who knows, maybe another platform altogether).
    que? i never said they were at fault for upgrading it's phone haha. Just that they didn't release it with Sprint is my only accusation and even that is justified because most/all of the people on sprint wouldn't be able to upgrade. Progress is very much welcomed, but i would like an invite is all.
    ya I'm pretty sure future pres like in a couple of months for sprint will be just like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    ya I'm pretty sure future pres like in a couple of months for sprint will be just like that.
    I agree. It would be cost-prohibitive for them to make two different pieces of hardware unless there was a reason to due to internals - which I doubt there is.
    Does anyone know if the pre/pixi plus are coming to Canada?
    what processor does it have ???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Verizon rocks!!

lol
    Its kind of a slap in the face to the sprint users who dealt with the Pre and its quirks to only offer the upgraded hardware to Verizon. If I was offered the option to upgrade to 16gb of internal storage I'd take it in a heart beat. A better battery sure we all could use one of those. 512mb of ram well if its true sure why not. Sturdier build quality.... Come on Palm we deserve this kind of love.
    To be fair Sprint customers had the chance to rock the Pre for the last 7 months, while Verizon people had to wait. I took matters in to my own hands and changed my Sprint Pre on to one of my Vzw lines.

Then again, come June (hopefully), Sprint will have the latest Pre (2) then the cycles begins again.