1.    #1  
    Doom/Quake do not work for many who are using MyTether (including me). Is anyone able to run these games and also use mytheter with or w/out patch applied?

Anyone who did not get Doom or Quake to work for other reasons, do the new 3D games work?
    I have the paid version of MyTether on my phone, and Quake/Doom both work just fine. MyTether is not currently patched though.
    I had the patch installed, but it has been uninstalled for some time. Yet, Doom and Quake do not work. When I run either from the command line I get a message from SDL about /dev/fb1 being unavailable. To fix this, I sym linked /dev/fb to /dev/fb1 and it works just fine. The link has to be recreated on reboot however.

I resent that Aonic and MyTether are not a part of the Preware/open source ecosystem. I did donate money and get the full version of MyTether, but I also hope that it is replaced eventually by an open source alternative that plays nice with other homebrew apps.
    I had the patch installed, but it has been uninstalled for some time. Yet, Doom and Quake do not work. When I run either from the command line I get a message from SDL about /dev/fb1 being unavailable. To fix this, I sym linked /dev/fb to /dev/fb1 and it works just fine. The link has to be recreated on reboot however.

I resent that Aonic and MyTether are not a part of the Preware/open source ecosystem. I did donate money and get the full version of MyTether, but I also hope that it is replaced eventually by an open source alternative that plays nice with other homebrew apps.
    There is a thread here that includes a fix that worked for me. It's the one that includes a link to download a new .mytether folder which you replace on your device. None of the new 3D games would start until I followed these instructions. However I've not had time to test re-patching to use Mytether so I don't know if this will break it or not.
    I am in the same boat as jeremy. I have mytether reinstalled, fixed by replaceing the .mytether, and doom and quake work. I have not run the wifi patch yet...I may stick to usb tethering if that makes any difference.
    All I did was use this command (use in terminal or WebOS Quick Install)

wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh

It does everything. Unistalls all versions and installs new working version. Worked like a charm and all my 3D games are fine.
    i have both doom and quake running great and have mytether the free version, i reinstalled it after the update last week and have never had the wifi patch or any tether patch, maybe somewere else in an install something went astray???