Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I could eat my hat on this one, but after relistenting to the Palm presentation, I did not hear nor see 512mb of Ram mentioned at all. Unless someone can point that out to me in the Video, I have to say that it is crap.

<edit> Hats are yummy.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 01/08/2010 at 10:04 AM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

True, all that was said in the live chat was that "there will be double the memory (16gb) which most likely means more RAM."
    Last edited by danman_6; 01/07/2010 at 03:04 PM.
    No, it was said on one bullet point: 16GB of flash memory, and on the next bullet point doubled internal memory.

In addition, and more importantly, it's already been confirmed by webOS Internals.

Twitter / WebOS Internals: Confirmed in IRC that Palm ...
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    people dont know what they are talking about. they heard double the memory which got translated to "double the ram" instead of just doubling the storage size.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_6 View Post
    True, all that was said in the live chat was that there will be double the memory (16gb) which most likely means more RAM.
    Not really. Flash memory and RAM are totally unrelated just like computer RAM and Hard drive space are unrelated.

This is definitely clearer.
    *Here is ur hat, sir.
    Quick, mod...make this thread disappear.... :-)
    Still not really confirmed just because WebOSInternals says so. I'll wait for the official Verizon press release for the Pre Plus.
    Palm Pre Plus First Hands-On: Super-Fast, Button Removal Is No Problem - palm pre plus - Gizmodo

Gizmodo said it yet again, and said it feels faster than the current Pre due to added RAM specifically.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    No, it was said on one bullet point: 16GB of flash memory, and on the next bullet point doubled internal memory.

In addition, and more importantly, it's already been confirmed by webOS Internals.

I've already stood corrected on the other thread, but how would the webos internals guys know that. They don't have special access to the phones. They probably just got it from the same slide you have. That slide could easily be read as double the internal memory, 16gb of storage OR double the internal memory and 16 gb of storage.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziegt View Post
    Not really. Flash memory and RAM are totally unrelated just like computer RAM and Hard drive space are unrelated.
    Agreed, and like i said, people most likely got confused because that was a statement that i took from the live chat at 11am today.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    I've already stood corrected on the other thread, but how would the webos internals guys know that. They don't have special access to the phones. They probably just got it from the same slide you have.
    They said they CONFIRMED on CHAT - as in someone in the know said it directly to them - that the Pre Plus has 512MB of RAM.

Not "double the internal memory". But that specific amount of RAM.
    We need preware on verizon pre plus ASAP then install terminal and cat /proc/meminfo
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    *Here is ur hat, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Quick, mod...make this thread disappear.... :-)
    I am perfectly willing to take it on the nose when I am wrong. Still not seeing the 512mb of Ram number though....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I am perfectly willing to take it on the nose when I am wrong. Still not seeing the 512mb of Ram number though....
    What didnt you follow the link?! A twitter update is Hands On Proof!!(sarcasm)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Is it just me, or does the back portion of the Pre + look like it gets thicker towards the top in that side picture?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Is it just me, or does the back portion of the Pre + look like it gets thicker towards the top in that side picture?
    I think your right!
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    To hold all those extra dimms.
    Member Profile -- Engadget

he said it him self.

Palm swings open doors to App Catalog's innards
    Jan 7th 2010 3:53PM on Engadget
    @flobo

Pre Plus has 512MB of RAM, take the CEO's word

Palm swings open doors to App Catalog's innards
    Jan 7th 2010 3:10PM on Engadget
    @hebgb
    yes, Pre gets the PowerVR SGX unlocked, and the Pre+ adds double the RAM
    I understand that "twice the internal memory" can refer to RAM and WebOSInternals stating the Pre+ has 512MB RAM, but what I don't get is if it's true, why are we not seeing this point being stated by the more popular blogs such as PreCentral and Engadget?
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast