Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Its confirmed coming from the horses mouth the CEO John Rubinstein on Engadget

Jon Rubinstein Posted Jan 7th 2010 3:53PMNEUTRAL
    @flobo
    Pre Plus has 512MB of RAM, take the CEO's word

Jon Rubinstein Posted Jan 7th 2010 3:10PMNEUTRAL
    @hebgb
    yes, Pre gets the PowerVR SGX unlocked, and the Pre+ adds double the RAM
    hahah that is NOT Jon.

That guy is an imposter, he was posting at the same time Jon was on stage.
    Confirmed from the horses mouth john ruberstein on Engadget

Jon Rubinstein Posted Jan 7th 2010 3:10PMNEUTRAL
    @hebgb
    yes, Pre gets the PowerVR SGX unlocked, and the Pre+ adds double the RAM

Jon Rubinstein Posted Jan 7th 2010 3:53PMNEUTRAL
    @flobo
    Pre Plus has 512MB of RAM, take the CEO's word
    Already mentioned elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    hahah that is NOT Jon.

That guy is an imposter, he was posting at the same time Jon was on stage.
    yaaaaay thanx for giving me a glimse of hope

plus, who toots his own horn saing "take it from the CEO"?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chazz6422 View Post
    well, it doesn't matter what it has... i'm not moving to Verizon EVER. so if it ain't comin to sprint... I don't care lol.
    lol I'm in the same boat.
    Until I see the increased RAM is specifically stated on a reputable blog, I'm taking the info with a grain of salt. I'm not completely denying that it's true, just not believing it fully.
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Already mentioned elsewhere.
    yeah but it is worth repeating. Verizon gets double. The pre isn't even a year old. I've never heard of a phone getting so much in such little time. When the centro went to all the other carries I don't remember double everything. And to add injury to insult touchstone backcover is included. That's $30 saved. I bet you verizion will get itunes syncing too.
    worth repeating, that is not Jon, that is an impostor on Engadget.

Was posting while Jon was on stage as well.
    Interestingly, Palms' own specs on the website don't confirm or deny (and yes, they're specs for the Pre Plus).
    Palm Pre Plus Phone - Features, Details, Reviews : Palm USA
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Until I see the increased RAM is specifically stated on a reputable blog, I'm taking the info with a grain of salt. I'm not completely denying that it's true, just not believing it fully.
    Well, it was just posted on the front page of PreCentral. That good enough for you?

Seriously guys, this is happening. Accept it and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    No it will cost millions. A few dollars with 100,000s of units. I still say the ram remains the same unless I see real confirmation.
    Millions? To who?
    That could be passed on the Verizon or the consumer or Palm could simply absorb the cost because they believe the increased RAM would significantly increase the performance of the Pre (Plus) and help sales, development, etc...

Either way... it's likely to be like 2%-5% of the cost of the device currently?
    It it makes a few hundred or thousand extra units sell it will easily make up for the increase manufacturing costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    Well, it was just posted on the front page of PreCentral. That good enough for you?

Seriously guys, this is happening. Accept it and move on.
    That's the kind of proof I was looking for.

That being said, as far as the speed improvements that some are stating...I don't understand how the Pre+ demo units are running 1.3.5.1 since they have the video recorder on them. The video recorder app alone should prove that it's not 1.3.5.1, right?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts

That being said, as far as the speed improvements that some are stating...I don't understand how the Pre+ demo units are running 1.3.5.1 since they have the video recorder on them. The video recorder app alone should prove that it's not 1.3.5.1, right?
    The Pre Plus will probably ship with 1.3.5.x, yes? Unless they do some magic with gstreamer or scrap it I don't know why the video recorder needs to wait for 1.4 unless that is just when they are going to make it available to everyone. Verizon customers may get it as an app available to them only.

1.4 will just be the major update with Flash, video etc, doesn't mean no other apps will run like the video app. They are just homebrewing on 1.3.5.1 with their apps

I watched the two Engadget videos demoing the pre plus, and they used two different pres to showcase video recorder and games. I would assume the one with video recorder had 1.4 on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Interestingly, Palms' own specs on the website don't confirm or deny (and yes, they're specs for the Pre Plus).
    Palm Pre Plus Phone - Features, Details, Reviews : Palm USA
    HUMBUG!!!! They increased the battery life!!

300hrs standby to 350hrs!
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    I think you guys are reading too much into it.

chill out and relax.

as far as the bullet points go, it seems to me that the declaration of double memory is followed by what is meant to be a numerical representation of what that means.
    (i.e.
    I have double bananas than I had yesterday, that's 16 bananas!)

I really doubt it's the ram that has been doubled.

for reference, the only phones currently running a cool 512mb of ram are the nexus one and htc hd2.

the iphone 3gs, xperia 10, droid and mytouch 3g all have 256mb ram.

expect the 512mb for the pre2.
    or maybe the palm post.
    thats what i was thinking when i saw the announcements. if there was a increase of ram or such, they would have been more clear about it.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    HUMBUG!!!! They increased the battery life!!

300hrs standby to 350hrs!
    On what planet?? (Oh, I imagine with the radios off you could get 300 hrs standby... :P)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    On what planet?? (Oh, I imagine with the radios off you could get 300 hrs standby... :P)
    Just a spec but it has increased in the Pre Plus which likely means more mha...mah...whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by relic419 View Post
    I watched the two Engadget videos demoing the pre plus, and they used two different pres to showcase video recorder and games. I would assume the one with video recorder had 1.4 on it.
    thankyou. was just about to point this out
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast