Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    well, it doesn't matter what it has... i'm not moving to Verizon EVER. so if it ain't comin to sprint... I don't care lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Is it just me, or does the back portion of the Pre + look like it gets thicker towards the top in that side picture?
    I noticed that too.

Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Gizmodo said it yet again, and said it feels faster than the current Pre due to added RAM specifically.
    No offense at all to you, sir, but Gizmodo is run by a bunch of ignorant ********. That's the last place I'd get confirmation for something Their articles on the Pre Plus have been riddled with silly errors, omissions, and false assuptions for the last two days, and that hasn't likely changed yet.

I'll wait for a real confirmation, myself.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Is it just me, or does the back portion of the Pre + look like it gets thicker towards the top in that side picture?
    Another thing going to palms site they have the pre plus specs up and it shows 5.5hours of talk and 350 standby compared to the regular pre at 5 hours talk and 300 standby. bigger battery as well maybe ?
    If you start seeing reviews that the Pre+ is FASTER than the Pre, I would relate much of it to the updated WebOS (1.4), rather than say the speed improvements is from the RAM alone.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    You are looking at a comment. I can bet everyone that the ram memory did not change. Hell even the Iphone 3GS has 256MB. I don't even know of any phone sporting 512MB.
    Nexus one does Nexus One specs revealed, first units available by “invitation” – Android and Me
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    If you start seeing reviews that the Pre+ is FASTER than the Pre, I would relate much of it to the updated WebOS (1.4), rather than say the speed improvements is from the RAM alone.
    The people that have played with the demos have already confirmed its running 1.3.5.1 not 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I could eat my hat on this one, but after relistenting to the Palm presentation, I did not hear nor see 512mb of Ram mentioned at all. Unless someone can point that out to me in the Video, I have to say that it is crap.
    I concur. I call BS on the RAM upgrade, it's just misguided speculation.
    Not sure... but after creating and observing tech presentations for 15+ years...

- Twice the internal memory
    - 16GB of Storage

would be referencing two separate items (imo).
    Otherwise you would see something like

- Twice the internal memory (16GB of storage)

Edit: I'm not saying these "assumptions" are accurate. I'm just saying I think it's a reasonable assumption based on the info provided.

I certainly would not make a separate thread for this topic in dispute of these assumptions... with no direct proof to the contrary..
    Especially if I was a moderator of said forum....
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 01/07/2010 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    The people that have played with the demos have already confirmed its running 1.3.5.1 not 1.4
    I stand corrected. Grrrr.
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    HD2 as well.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Pretty disappointing for me, as a Sprint user. I'd really like the Pre+ with the extra RAM, but I can't switch to Verizon. Even if I could, I don't want to, because I'd be paying far, far more on my monthly bill.

I hope Sprint gets something updated soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by relic419 View Post
    I concur. I call BS on the RAM upgrade, it's just misguided speculation.
    Have you read through the thread? We've already had multiple confirmations on this, as well as hands on impressions that the Pre+ is significantly faster despite running the same version of WebOS the rest of us are. I think people are in some serious denial over this.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Google is a billion dollar company. Palm isn't.
    Not sure of the point?

A simple RAM upgrade from 256 to 512 would likely only cost a device manufacturer a few dollars (at most)?
    So it's official, as of the 25th of this month our pres are outdated!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Palm Pre Plus First Hands-On: Super-Fast, Button Removal Is No Problem - palm pre plus - Gizmodo

Gizmodo said it yet again, and said it feels faster than the current Pre due to added RAM specifically.
    EDIT: Nevermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Not sure of the point?

A simple RAM upgrade from 256 to 512 would likely only cost a device manufacturer a few dollars (at most)?
    Actually the RAM is soldered to the CPU, from my understanding of the OMAP3. Increasing RAM most likely requires a swapped-out entirely.
    meh I'm ok with the plus gettin 16gigs n (unconfirmed) double ram. Won't tell much difference, really is mainly for more cards open, but I rarely have more than 6 n my Pre never lags.

small price to pay for a early adopter plus when Pre2 comes out we'll all be ready for upgrades on our contracts!
    Its confirmed coming from the horses mouth the CEO John Rubinstein on Engadget

Jon Rubinstein Posted Jan 7th 2010 3:53PMNEUTRAL
    @flobo
    Pre Plus has 512MB of RAM, take the CEO's word

Jon Rubinstein Posted Jan 7th 2010 3:10PMNEUTRAL
    @hebgb
    yes, Pre gets the PowerVR SGX unlocked, and the Pre+ adds double the RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    Have you read through the thread? We've already had multiple confirmations on this, as well as hands on impressions that the Pre+ is significantly faster despite running the same version of WebOS the rest of us are. I think people are in some serious denial over this.
    I have read through it, but no real substantiative evidence has been provided.

Here is , where he intros the Pre Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    I stand corrected. Grrrr.
    Still 1.3.5(1) is very fast is peoples only impression of Pre before was 1.3.1 or prior....
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast