Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46
  1.    #1  
    After all this goodness that has just been announced I am feeling very sad - as we GSM users are just getting left out. I feel like a little kid staring through the window of a sweet shop where everyone else is having a party.

    I guess its about time to search through the forums and find out how to put 1.3.5 on a GSM pre. Of course, we still won't get the great new games until Palm works out how to give us the full App catalog.
    Last edited by ShieldsOnTour; 01/07/2010 at 02:54 PM.
  2. #2  
    - No 1.3.5
    - No Paid Apps
    - No Palm Pre Plus
    - No Palm Pixi / Plus

    This is BS =/
  3. c_man's Avatar
    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #3  
    So, the States get WebOS 1.4 in Feb , and we get 1.3.5 in March ?? or do we miss 1.3.5 altogether??

    On the plus side, some of Palm's announcements at CES really show that WebOS is here to stay and the are investing a lot of their time into its development. Its just a question of whether they want Europe to enjoy it too....
  4. #4  
    They seemed very focussed on the US tbh, they should be looking at the early adopters in Europe too.

    Was an impressive CES no doubt, but a lack of love for existing GSM Pre users.
  5. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #5  
    Unless France is using CDMA it seems that there will have to be more updates on that front.

    And is it Palm or is it their European partners?
  6. Benuk's Avatar
    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    #6  
    I know, seems a bit of a contradiction hyping palm devices going into France whilst still not achieving they have talked about previously with the US. Hopefully one of the US centric sites at CES may ask about it ;)

    Maybe France will get the plus models, and as they cant sell them locked as I understand it, they will turn up elsewhere..

    I'm just hoping the app catalog and updates get lined up soon ..
  7. #7  
    Only way i will be happy now if o2 offer some sort of trade in scheme, i will give them an angry phone call too. I suggest you all do the same.
  8. dubmess's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #8  
    Reading about that presentation and all those goodies was like reading about a completely different phone to the one I have sitting beside me... I too am sad about all of this, if it continues I may become disillusioned.

    I love my Pre, but I almost feel like I'm being punished for buying one so early, like I'm testing a phone that Palm will eventually bring to market...
  9. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #9  
    March.
  10. diggedy's Avatar
    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #10  
    I was under the impression we were getting 1.3.5 in the middle of january, this supposedly came from o2 stores. Were also getting paid apps in march yes its a pita to have to wait that long but were definitely getting them.
    They made a presentation on europe at the CES, it seems europe is going to be a big focus for them especially with pairing up with a new carrier. We may have to wait til march to get 1.4 but I say hang in there, its coming
  11. #11  
    I'm really angry too. It's like we are missing the action. It's frustrating... I've invested one and a half year economies in this phone but Palm/O2 continues to treat us like 2nd class users.
  12. #12  
    I agree entirely with the feeling of being second class, however I think we are getting date smuddled a bit here. As far as I have read through these forums:

    - March; I believe, is the date for the app catalogue being released to us in full.
    - 1.3.5; should be with us very soon.
    - 1.4; should come to us around the time other users get it. Unless something was said to the contrary at CES?!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Unless France is using CDMA it seems that there will have to be more updates on that front.

    And is it Palm or is it their European partners?
    France is GSM only like every EU Country.
  14. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_K View Post
    I agree entirely with the feeling of being second class, however I think we are getting date smuddled a bit here. As far as I have read through these forums:

    - March; I believe, is the date for the app catalogue being released to us in full.
    - 1.3.5; should be with us very soon.
    - 1.4; should come to us around the time other users get it. Unless something was said to the contrary at CES?!

    I was seeing video recording (implying 1.4) as coming to everyone next month, that is, every WebOS device on the planet.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dubmess View Post
    I love my Pre, but I almost feel like I'm being punished for buying one so early, like I'm testing a phone that Palm will eventually bring to market...
    Of course you are. All early adopters are punished.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dubmess View Post
    Reading about that presentation and all those goodies was like reading about a completely different phone to the one I have sitting beside me... I too am sad about all of this, if it continues I may become disillusioned.

    I love my Pre, but I almost feel like I'm being punished for buying one so early, like I'm testing a phone that Palm will eventually bring to market...
    What did you expect?! What are Palm meant to do, not improve and innovate at the risk of upsetting their first customers?!
  17. #17  
    If I'm not wrong, it has been said in the event that webOS 1.4 will be available worldwide... I don't see the problem here...
  18. Benuk's Avatar
    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    #18  
    That's what I read too, hopefully that will mean when the app catalogue is out in Europe we will achieve and maintain the parity palm have talked about.

    Palm delivered a lot today imho, yeah itís not great to be an early adopter but I'll probably get a pre+ if they release a GSM version and then probably the next version too

    Things like the PDK not just for games and Appetite*| Stuff Your Palm make me feel positive about the way Webos is going. I was particularly impressed with the way that Palm acknowledged the homebrew community canít see apple doing that anytime soon.

    If I was an iphone dev I couldnít see a reason not to port my stuff to Webos now seems like you could get extra revenue without a lot of extra effort.

    If the tech press wernt so US centric we might get some answers around the issues around parity or at least the question asked.
  19. Benuk's Avatar
    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by krakajak View Post
    What did you expect?! What are Palm meant to do, not improve and innovate at the risk of upsetting their first customers?!
    Agreed, all the TV's phones and computers I have bought in the past have inevitably been superseeded buy better spec and ususally cheaper models tech companies need to constantantly invovate especially in the mobile space to be relevant. If your not moving forward your standing still and if you stand still you die.
  20. #20  
    Well, how bout us on Verizon. We felt left out for the last year. Finally we can come play at the Palm WebOS party. This is a very good move for Palm, business wise. Verizon will open up a lot more sales to them. I've skipped the Droid in anticipation of this CES announcement. Oh yeah, Sprint customers....Nyah Nyah!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions