Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Unless France is using CDMA it seems that there will have to be more updates on that front.

And is it Palm or is it their European partners?
    SFR is a GSM carrier.
    1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    But there is still no US GSM Pre. THAT really sucks.
    1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Updating your O2 phone to 1.3.5 is fairly easy.

- Backup your phone.
    - Grab the Webos doctor for O2, and for Sprint
    - replace the /resources/webos.tar file in the O2 Doctor with the one from Sprint Doctor.
    - Doctor your pre.

If you can use a forum you can do this. There's a step by step in the Webos 1.3.5 on Bell thread. Takes about an hour if you don't have a clue what you're doing. Which is only a few more minutes than running the update. If all you need is WebOS 1.3.5 to make you happy then voila.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    on CES was said Flash gonna come soon to AppCat. will it be available for all Pre's or only for Sprint/US one's ?
    -----
    I'm from germany and have an O2 Pre... is it possible to hack app-catalog to be able to see all (atleast all free) apps ? or the only way is to wait till march ?
    I'm shedding tears of joy and sorrow. Yeah feeling like the kid watching from outside a locked candy store too
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Hoping the SFR GSM Pre is actually the Plus version, will give me an incentive to sell my current and purchase the Latter.

If the Plus was only a flash memory upgrade i wouldn't have minded, but extra RAM, thats got to have something to do with it Performance wise, especially with all the new games being released =/.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeniusBlock View Post
    Well, how bout us on Verizon. We felt left out for the last year. Finally we can come play at the Palm WebOS party. This is a very good move for Palm, business wise. Verizon will open up a lot more sales to them. I've skipped the Droid in anticipation of this CES announcement. Oh yeah, Sprint customers....Nyah Nyah!

Well you havnt already bought a 2 year or 18month contract for a phone that has been made obsolete for us in the UK in 3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I'm shedding tears of joy and sorrow. Yeah feeling like the kid watching from outside a locked candy store too
    Hahah that just about sums it up!

I am as excited as anyone about the CES announcements today (well done Palm, really, that is some awesome stuff) and I am SO glad that Palm look like they are moving ahead when I had feared the worst. But all the joy is tainted with frustration that I can see all this cool stuff but not actually get it!

Hurry up Palm, give Europe some love!

*waits impatiently for 1.4 and paid apps*
    TBH I don't see why current owners of the GSM Pre are complaining about being early adopters? You have not missed anything and everything announced at CES today will be released on the GSM pre anyway. The Pre plus is unlikely to come out here straight away but I think its more likely the GSM Pixi will have wifi. Either way neither is significantly different to the existing phones its the software thats the difference.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    man, if the french pre is a gsm plus... WOW - i'm getting it no questions asked. after i work out how to justify it to the missus... she'll notice the centre button missing

but, i'm fairly sure it was said in several places that the plus ones are verizon exclusives?
    any news if SFR will sell the phones unlocked, or if we'll have to resort to some RebelSim to get it over here?
    Quote Originally Posted by christcentric View Post
    any news if SFR will sell the phones unlocked, or if we'll have to resort to some RebelSim to get it over here?
    I think that they have to be unlocked in France.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeniusBlock View Post
    Well, how bout us on Verizon. We felt left out for the last year. Finally we can come play at the Palm WebOS party. This is a very good move for Palm, business wise. Verizon will open up a lot more sales to them. I've skipped the Droid in anticipation of this CES announcement. Oh yeah, Sprint customers....Nyah Nyah!
    I'm a sprint customer and I approve of this quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    On the button!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I empathize with you guys. But I'm sure Palm is working hard to make us all Pre and Pixi owners happy. There may be some technicalities that need to be worked out with international carriers before everything will be put into place. The good news is that this will eventually come to all of us. The party may be delayed but it isn't canceled. It would be worth the wait. For the mean time try to explore and enjoy your phone as it is. Do not let these news spoil your fun.
    Ok, the way I 'read' the CES announcement on 1.4 was that it was coming to all web os devices in Feb. Didn't say in the US or excluding UK etc.

I am hoping we just get it in Feb and then Palm start to release updates on a similar vain to Apple.
    I'm with marxman.13 and Dimpz. I think some of you guys are getting too excitable and not listening or thinking about it well. They have said nothing about the Plus getting any extra software features that we won't have! The only difference that has been announced (as far as I have read) is the small hardware upgrades. Otherwise, we'll get it all!
    So, let's calm down and anxiously await our 1.3.5 update!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldsOnTour View Post
    After all this goodness that has just been announced I am feeling very sad - as we GSM users are just getting left out. I feel like a little kid staring through the window of a sweet shop where everyone else is having a party. .
    You didn't see this....

AT&T to Get Dell Phone and Two Palm Phones - Tom's Guide

or this....free GSM calls from home with the new magicJack

MagicJack's next act: disappearing cell phone fees by AP: Yahoo! Tech

Don'y worry .... be happy
    I don't really understand the massive hype behind the Pre Plus.
    Is an extra 8gb and lack of centre button that important?

Or are you hoping the build quality will be better?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preene View Post
    I don't really understand the massive hype behind the Pre Plus.
    Is an extra 8gb and lack of centre button that important?

Or are you hoping the build quality will be better?
    There's more RAM. 512 vs. 256 (so the Plus is faster). Slider is more solid and the keys are better, more clicky.

Personally, I think I'll wait for the Pre2. I'm hoping it'll be in the US this summer and in Europe a couple months later. Maybe they can make the European release a little sooner with every new phone.. 4 months for the Pre. 3 months for Pre Plus. 2 months for Pre2. That'd be reasonable..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast