Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Maybe someone will get a hold of the App and get it to work on the Sprint Pre whenever it's released.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Based upon the Pre+ specs, Sprint's lack of signal/roaming during most of my commute, their "you have a signal from another company, call them to troubleshoot" attitude and the more and more frequent 1x connection, I'll be dumping Sprint after 7.5 years.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    It is and since all of the issues from 1.3.1 arose (29 days and counting), the dev has not been seen on his own forums/site.
    I have 1.3.5.1 tethered to my Vista box via USB and it works fine.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Maybe someone will get a hold of a VZW pre and get it to work with Sprint lol
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    Based upon the Pre+ specs, Sprint's lack of signal/roaming during most of my commute, their "you have a signal from another company, call them to troubleshoot" attitude and the more and more frequent 1x connection, I'll be dumping Sprint after 7.5 years.
    Good luck with paying out of the nose/getting as good value with VZW. That's my whole mantra with Sprint.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by dreznicek View Post
    I have 1.3.5.1 tethered to my Vista box via USB and it works fine.
    USB and BT still work. Wifi/hotspot tethering (which is what people are talking about with the Verizon App) is currently a mess and likely to only get worse without proper support.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    On the blog from Palm (The Official Palm Blog: Palm unveils new phones, new carriers, developer programs, and video capabilities at CES)

they state that this app will be for Verizon Wirless Customers only. That, along with the Pre + and the Pixi Plus makes me feel that Palm is slapping the early adopters of the Pre on Sprint in the face. I can live with the hardware stuff, hopefully Sprint will get them later on. But for the app, this would put myTether out of business lol. What do you think?
    Its my understanding there's no tethering for it on Sprint because SPRINT didn't want it, not because Palm didn't.

I imagine that much like the initial Pre exclusivity, the carriers were offered the chance to see who would give the most for exclusivity of the new models.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    If Sprint Wanted to add myfi hotspot to the 1st gen Pre they could. It has already been done with the mytether homebrew. So the ability to do it is already there. They would just need to have palm add an official app to the catalog. And then charge a monthly fee to keep it active.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12