Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm21A View Post
    Anyone know if need for speed has online play like asphalt 5 describes?
    I dont think the iphone version does, so this one probably wont
    Quote Originally Posted by jakob777 View Post
    I am haveing issues installing Oregon trail it down loads then I let it sit there for 20 min installing and it show no sign of finishing
    X-plane took several minutes @ the "Installing..." screen. A watched pot never boils.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    well I will sit here and wait then, I thought it was a bit odd.

And I kinda wanna know which has more replay value sims or NFS, kinda wanna hear what everyone thinks
    Need for Speed is now in the App Catalog ($9.99). Happy Downloading!
    heyyyyy someone hurry up and get us a review of NFS and SIMS!!!!! =) WOWOWOWOWOWW totally stoked!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jakob777 View Post
    I am haveing issues installing Oregon trail it down loads then I let it sit there for 20 min installing and it show no sign of finishing
    Mine did too...it will come, just let it go
    I want Glyder 2!!!!
    IGN has higher score for asphat6 than NSF undercover
    IGN Advertisement
    IGN Advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    IGN has higher score for asphat6 than NSF undercover
    IGN Advertisement
    IGN Advertisement
    I wouldn't go by that:

Need for Speed Undercover was reviewed on an LG VX8300. IGN Wireless will review the iPhone edition of the game separately.
    ...twice. I tried playing it right after I installed it. I did have a 3 or maybe even 4 other cards open...calendar, messaging, tasks, app catalog.

The game started fine, got to the splash screen, chose an instant game, continued on...it went through the loading sequence with the status bar/wagon thingy on the bottom going *almost* all the way to the end, then the screen went black, then it went back to card view, with the game card gone and an error dialog at the bottom: "Application Error". Oregon Trail quit unexpectedly".

I've then rebooted the phone, and started the game with no other cards open...

and it seems to have worked...I can now "touch screen to continue" after the loading.

UPDATE: Game seems to play just fine now. After it'd started playing, I went to card view, then started up messaging, calendar, and tasks, then went back to the game and continued playing. All seems to be well.
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 01/07/2010 at 04:11 PM.
    Downloaded NFS (128MB). Let's see how it goes.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    in case anyone is wondering (I was) this new PDK or whatever allows for multitouch input! I was playing asphalt 5 (I will have a video up shortly) and when using the 'steering wheel' input method, you have to use multitouch, and it works just fine

video isn't ready yet, but I have to leave.

it will be here when it's done (perhaps 15 minutes?)

I shot this in HD. Give it a few minutes and it should render with much better quality. Youtube is still processing so it's kinda pixlated.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I wouldn't go by that:
    here you go

IGN Advertisement

iphone version of NFS. same score.

moreover, on each of the aspect, presentation, graphics, sound, gameplay, lasting appeal, Ashphalt beats NFS undercover every time.
    Any chance they'll post some trials of these games? I really wanna see what my Pre can do, but $10 is pretty steep :-(
    This is great news, however, is it really worth $10? Surely it is cheaper to buy the full version for the PC or console? With more functionality?!

edit: Not withstanding the ability to play something good on a train etc... but still, $10 seems steep!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    X-plane took several minutes @ the "Installing..." screen. A watched pot never boils.
    How did you know I was making ramen??!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Ok I have to say, NFS is pretty impressive. Not even specifically the game itself, but just showcasing what is possible on the phone. Just going to get better and better from here
    OMG... just finished downloading and when I tapped the 'launch' button... I got "Sorry, Too Many Cards"!!!! I thought they fixed this damn problem! I don't even have any cards open!... GRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    OMG... just finished downloading and when I tapped the 'launch' button... I got "Sorry, Too Many Cards"!!!! I thought they fixed this damn problem! I don't even have any cards open!... GRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    restart...it was 'too many apps' that was fixed.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast