Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please explain why there is some excitment over the loss of the front button on the Pre Plus.

I noticed this in the live feed from CES (thanks for doing that, btw) and I also noticed some other comments about this. Why would you applaud the loss of this button. I find it useful. Please explain. Thanks.
    the front button s almost entirely useless short of led notifications which palm hasnt even enabled so why keep it
    So YOU are the guy that uses that?
    i dont get it either...
    i think the button is great to minimize apps. With just the touch area i would do that without purpose to often i think.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    How do you find it useful? I've never used the thing.

As a matter of fact, I'm still annoyed that they don't let you remove the Launcher icon from the Quick Launch bar. I never use that either, there's absolutely no need for it with the gestures the device supports and I would much rather use that spot for an app rather than the useless Launcher icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by teiresias View Post
    How do you find it useful? I've never used the thing.

As a matter of fact, I'm still annoyed that they don't let you remove the Launcher icon from the Quick Launch bar. I never use that either, there's absolutely no need for it with the gestures the device supports and I would much rather use that spot for an app rather than the useless Launcher icon.
    Exactly.
    It's only useless because Palm never gave it a real purpose..:P
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    So YOU are the guy that uses that?
    Yeah, I'm the one. Ok, I just wanted to know. Thanks all.
    I use it because sometimes I do the back gesture when I meant to do the up one. Times when I'm going to fast and not really thinking about what i'm doing.

I guess it would be something to get use to.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Flick up once to minimize; Flick again to bring app menu. Simple.
    I'll trade the button for +256 RAM....
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Flick up once to minimize; Flick again to bring app menu. Simple.
    It is simple, I'm just not use to it. I can do without the button also, however I do like the notification light patch lol.
    I think the notification alone is worth it. Would be great if you could customize it easily for games like Doom or Quake for the Fire control.

Plus taking it away doesn't make the user experience any better.
    The ONLY usefulness this button has to me is that it lights the screen up when the keyboard is open.

I wonder if there will still be a light under there like there is when you use a back gesture?
    I love the front button, I use it all the time, and I think it is more aesthetically pleasing being there, the new pre sans button has too much chin IMO.
    Guys.. the front button was replaced by the LED strip on that they use on the pixi. Watch the engadget video. You can still get the LED blink + use it to switch cards.
    I too use the front button often. Great for minimizing. And I've got the message notification patch turned on. Really handy! But since I won't be buying the Pre Plus it won't matter.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    I told my wife last night that they are removing the button on the front of the Pre, and some people use it and are upset. Her response? "Use it? You mean it does something?"

::sigh::
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Some games/apps could still utilize the front button. I think it's better to have it than not.
    Only time I use the center button is when I am running either Pandora or the music app, when you try to minimize the apps, the just go to another page. If pressing the button is replaced with a tap, that would be cool though.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast