Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    hold the button down until it beeps...
    and tell it to call anyone in your contacts...
    or voice record straight to google voice search...
    there could be a number of good uses for a button.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I guess the missing front button will be implimented on sprints devices too. Palms website shows a pick of the pre with no front botton.
    Omg button isnt gone!!! Its just a led strip like the pixi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    So YOU are the guy that uses that?
    I didnt use it at first, but now I use the nipple all the time for phone functions and also to tell which side is up on this sleek phone.

I'm not complaining that it's gone, but I'd prefer they added more functions to it rather than taking it away. I absolutely hate this "No Buttons" garbage that Jobs got the world to support.
    Ok my gripes with the button. I don't use it, I swipe up. Secondly, it interrupts my swipes half the time. I have problems doing full swipes because I collide with the button. The coating already chipped off about a month ago, so it looks kinda ugly now.
    It needs to launch and/or take the Pic , and soon start and stop Video Recording and I would be happy.
    I like the button. Limited functionality but at least the possibility for other uses is still available.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    It's where they're storing the extra GB now.... :P
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    I'll trade the button for +256 RAM....
    Me too!
    I use the button to wake up the phone when its in a cradle open, when I am driving.
    along with the usefulness of waking up/unlocking the phone when the keyboard's out, I learned relatively recently that it can be used to minimize notifications. That is, when the dashboard is open with one or more notifications in it, clicking that center button minimizes the dashboard to the notification strip.

That's been super-handy, as the alternative seemed to be clicking in the open app...which is sometimes hard to do without actually clicking something in that app.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    i dont get it either...
    i think the button is great to minimize apps. With just the touch area i would do that without purpose to often i think.
    u have to swipe up to minimize cards, you wont do it by accident by just touching the area where the center button used to be. the center button was useless to me once i found out i can swipe up to minimize cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    So YOU are the guy that uses that?
    no I'm the guy that uses that button !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Should be specifically for LED notifications
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    along with the usefulness of waking up/unlocking the phone when the keyboard's out, I learned relatively recently that it can be used to minimize notifications. That is, when the dashboard is open with one or more notifications in it, clicking that center button minimizes the dashboard to the notification strip.

That's been super-handy, as the alternative seemed to be clicking in the open app...which is sometimes hard to do without actually clicking something in that app.
    basically that means your sort of ignoring the notification but minimizing it down to the bar only, instead swipe it away to left and then you will see no notification. you still got to go to the corresponding app to view it unless another notification comes in in the meantime, but its better then seeing the notification down there if you were ignoring it for the time being anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    the front button s almost entirely useless short of led notifications which palm hasnt even enabled so why keep it
    I just reset my phone last night and the LED notifcations works on my without patches
    I just want to know what proccessor they are using myself. And when will we get the dang gpu up and running on our phones?
    I can't see how flicking up is quicker than hitting the ONLY button on the front screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I use the button to wake up the phone when its in a cradle open, when I am driving.
    Any of the keyboard buttons will wake the phone up when the cradle is open.

I use the button and the up-flick to minimize apps about 50-50.

Quote Originally Posted by ookees View Post
    basically that means your sort of ignoring the notification but minimizing it down to the bar only, instead swipe it away to left and then you will see no notification. you still got to go to the corresponding app to view it unless another notification comes in in the meantime, but its better then seeing the notification down there if you were ignoring it for the time being anyways.
    I use the button to minimize the dashboard too. It's easier than swiping each item away, and I usually want to keep those in the notification anyway.

• They remind me that something needs my attention.
    • They are a quick shortcut to the app that needs my attention.
    • Some apps (like music player) have very handy shortcuts in their dashboard widget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outkast1386 View Post
    I just reset my phone last night and the LED notifcations works on my without patches
    The patch only adds the switch that lets you turn LED notifications on and off. You'll need the patch installed to disable them.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast