Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    There is audio. I don't know if that was mentioned in the presentation, but in the other demo videos afterward, yes. There is sound.

However, I don't know the details of the why, but that doesn't mean voice memos, call recording, etc will also be available.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    LOL, funny, I just cant get that excited. They are still way off. Visual voicemail being a biggie and voice also. Will this update be great for my Pre? YES. Does it really catch it up to the other guys? NO. And really, if it took this long to get video recording, how long will it take for the other mentioned things?
    Just curious, how long did it take the iPhone to get those features? Took 7 months for the Pre to get video recording...the iPhone 3 years? How about Flash 10.1? Pre is getting it first.

What is happening is that Palm keeps adding these features and fully utilizing the Pre's abilities at some point both phones will be almost identical, well almost, the iPhone still won't multi task or have a physical key board.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Here is one for you, why are we not seeing anything about PHOTO EDITING for the pre to come? Is it not odd that no one has addressed this here recently. What I don't understand is that Adobe is giving us flash, but no adobe mobile? Nice real nice. Hey Palm, I love ya, but some things you just miss that seem so simple. I didn't know that it would be to much to be able to give us photo edit. Be able to crop, color, rotate and save a pic. Heck the Centro could create folders and you could move your pics around into diff folders right from the phone. You didn't have to do on the comp. In my mind, Anything that the cento can do the Pre should be able to do. Remember, the process of making a better phone than what you had is to take what you had and add to it, not just replace it with a new idea. You had a great foundation to start with. You just need to enhance it, which yes you did in a since with a new OS. But that being said you should have made sure that all the capabilities of the past palm phones were on your new revolutionary phone. Something as simple as photo edit, MISSING, WHY???
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    never used either in my previous phone and I'm still not missing them but you're not alone in wanting those features. Maybe one day you'll see some love on that front.
    If you're looking for visual voicemail, head over to YouMail.com It works VERY nicely on the Pre, and a basic account is free.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    If so, then why no voice/memo recording feature in webOS 1.4? If the app can record audio with the video, one would think capturing just the audio would be easy for a voice memo and/or a call recording utility, like CallRec for PalmOS.
    The video recorder does record audio as well. And, nobody said voice recording wouldn't be available with 1.4. It's quite possible that it will be, but simply didn't rate being part of the CES event.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    VERIZON EXCLUSIVE

-----* Pre Plus - 16gb Double the RAM
    Why are all Palm users getting so giddy about stuff the Pre SHOULD have had when it was released. Video recording isn't something to jump up and down about. Neither are video games on a $300 piece of electronic equipment.

Increasing the RAM for a phone that's going to have video editing, these cool video games, and flash is something I'd be EXTREMELY interested in.

I've also read from a engadget that Palm may have upgraded the sliding mechanism on Verizon Pre. I find it hard to believe that this 8gb increase is not going to boost performance on the new Pre Plus contrary to what people are speculating. I don't think Palm would have done it if it didn't...

Why is Palm releasing physical upgrades to a phone with inherent physical downfalls without offering it to their existing customers. Who does Palm think are watching these CES videos and reading the articles about it?

Current Palm Pre and Pixi owners!

iPhone, Droid and BB users don't give a damn about what Palm is updating on its inferior device. I was pleasantly surprised when I got rid of my BB for the 3GS as my business phone. If this upgrade isn't offered to Sprint customers I will find myself pleasantly surprised when I get rid of my Pre for a Nexus as my personal phone.

(Yes I carry an iPhone and a Palm Pre. It's not illegal. I've had every Palm phone since the 600, I've paid my dues...)
    I hate to say it...but you're right about the increase in RAM for Verizon only! Not cool... They made us feel special when Pre was released only on Sprint...and usually, the other companies get the SAME phone a little bit later...NOT a better phone!
    Just one more reason why it's obvious that everyone treats Sprint customers like second class citizens...
    Having said that (Curb Your Enthusiasm, anyone?), I can see how Verizon may have demanded a 16gb phone in order to compete with iPhone's 16gb phone because Verizon isn't worried about losing customers to Sprint...they're worried about losing customers to AT&T...so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt here...
    Plus...there's no question in my mind that a much better Pre will be available for Sprint customers by June/July of 2010...watch. It always happens when I buy a phone...any phone...at Sprint. Within a short while, they get a much more advanced one and p me off because I didn't wait!! Lolol....

And, really, 8gb is more than enough for me for now.... I really don't need more than 4gb max at any one time...and most of the time, it's around 2.5 gb...so I'm fine..

Let's at least enjoy the fact that we had a good 7 months to play around with the phone before ANYONE else got one...(5 months more that Europe)...and we can say we remember when the Pre couldn't really do jack before the Homebrew guys at WebOS Internals started making some cool FREE apps, including Quake and Doom, that iPhone users...and any other platform...never got! For free, that is....
    Woot woot! Right???
    Quote Originally Posted by weldonhd3 View Post
    Here is one for you, why are we not seeing anything about PHOTO EDITING for the pre to come?
    I totally agree! Even just rotate and crop would be great! ANYTHING!

Can we use the classic emulator to run a photo editing program for now? Is there one in classic...I guess I never tried when I had my Centro.
    ~Annie

I heart my Pixi
    My understanding is a comparable data plan from anyone else will cost about $600 a year more....feel that gloved finger sliding up your a==?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

wait! if the upgrade is coming on february, then we are getting the full flash support with the 1.4 upgrade, right? so we are having flash 10.1 no later than february, right?

or im i mistakin'?
    at long last my Pre will finally rival some of the other phones out there in the capture category
    Quote Originally Posted by panchodabeaner View Post
    wait! if the upgrade is coming on february, then we are getting the full flash support with the 1.4 upgrade, right? so we are having flash 10.1 no later than february, right?

or im i mistakin'?
    Actually, we could get Flash support sooner than February. It was stated that the Flash beta plug-in would be available in the App Catalog "soon." While Palm stated that Flash would definitely be in WebOS 1.4, they didn't say that we'd have to wait until 1.4 to get it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wildgoosey32 View Post
    I totally agree! Even just rotate and crop would be great! ANYTHING!

Can we use the classic emulator to run a photo editing program for now? Is there one in classic...I guess I never tried when I had my Centro.

resco photo viewer had some good editing options.

moepaint and tealpaint were like mini photoshop programs.
    From what I can see, rendering and displaying via SDL will open a flood gate to native linux apps for flipping and rotating images, editting Pdf and Word docs, and the list goes on with what is available now or soon to come with webOS 1.4. I'm excited...

Either way, I guess I'm just more patient then most and am looking forward to things like Audio Recording and otherwise just around the corner. Sorli...
    What about teathering that is going to be on the Pre Plus? Mobile hotspot? Or does that require a Verizon phone?
    I believe that's Verizon-only, because Sprint won't allow it.
    definitely looking forward to flash!
    being able to record video would be nice
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678