Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Just downloaded the flight sim. Works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    This has already passed what i wanted from palm. Pre just jumped up to iphone and androids game.
    LOL, funny, I just cant get that excited. They are still way off. Visual voicemail being a biggie and voice also. Will this update be great for my Pre? YES. Does it really catch it up to the other guys? NO. And really, if it took this long to get video recording, how long will it take for the other mentioned things?
    I didn't read through the whole thread but I have one simple question. I know the GPU is going to be used for games but are they going to use it for the OS and will it speed the darn thing up. I have it sitting in a drawer waiting for that to happen. As it is I can't even use it, I miss calls it lags so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    There is no way the verizon pre can work on sprint and vice versa. They are hardware locked to the carrier.

I am really finding it pathetic, these people that want to jump ship to verizon all the suddenly now for 8GB more of RAM. Seriously?

Verizon is a super controlling company and they wanted the Sprint to 'beta test' the Pre for them before they would roll it out. They also, I am sure, demanded that the Pre Plus steal the show and demanded that Palm not announce any new devices for other carriers until a certain time. When you are the biggest, you can make demands like that.

I am confident Sprint will get the next iteration of the Pre. Probably in summer. And it will be larger leap than the Pre plus.
    I agree 100%, went to verizon a few years back for a couple months and quickly left, my phone didnt say badly crippled on hte box. Also I can't see leaving for extra storage, I imagine people will leave though, then sprint will release another pre iteration with extra goodies, and those same people will want to come back again. I can see leaving the pre for other reasons though, but not for storage.
    so they said flash 10 beta will be available in the app catalog soon. is it a plugin file that you can download? they also said it will be availble in the 1.4 update, so I assume that will be a more optimized build then?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Switching from BB Storm to the Palm Pre Plus when it hits Verizon on the 25th n I can't wait. I love my storm but really have been digging the pre n ready to make the switch to palm. Can't wait to enjoy what u all have been njoying for months now. Out with the old n in with the new
    As it is I can't even use it, I miss calls it lags so bad
    You should get it replaced. That's not normal. It's not as fast as I'd expect it to be given the hardware, but it's completely usable, and compared to a few updates ago, plenty fast for normal use.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Wow. This developer competition is a fabulous idea to get a ton of people focusing on WebOS. This is a huge thing for us! I think the best part is that the developer will need to focus on quality. I am so happy about all of the announcements. Flash, video recording and editing, and EA games. Seriously, the Verizon announcement can only help us. Maybe Blizzard will make a mobile World of Warcraft. haha
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ganthonyv View Post
    Switching from BB Storm to the Palm Pre Plus when it hits Verizon on the 25th n I can't wait. I love my storm but really have been digging the pre n ready to make the switch to palm. Can't wait to enjoy what u all have been njoying for months now. Out with the old n in with the new
    Welcome aboard to PreCentral!
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    I agree 100%, went to verizon a few years back for a couple months and quickly left, my phone didnt say badly crippled on hte box. Also I can't see leaving for extra storage, I imagine people will leave though, then sprint will release another pre iteration with extra goodies, and those same people will want to come back again. I can see leaving the pre for other reasons though, but not for storage.

I believe Sprint saw this coming. They had too. I think that's the reason why Sprint sent a letter out to customers who they called premier customers that they no longer had to wait 2 years to upgrade their phone. They can do it in 12 months now. Palm puts out a new phone roughly every year, look at the Treo 650, 700, 755P, 800 (windows mobile), the Pro (the screen is wide, if they made the pixi like that I would of switched)
    Iím pumped about the pre + and pixi + on Verizon. Some of us have been waiting for 7 months to get webOS devices on Verizon. I also hope the enhanced hardware will find its way back to Sprint and to AT&T.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I just want a "delete all" functionality in e-mail that works. And bypasses the wastebasket.
    And yet, still no developer access to the microphone for speech-to-text or voice dialing? What's up wid' dat?
    Does anyone by chance know what the resolution of the new video recording feature will be?
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousobserver View Post
    Does anyone by chance know what the resolution of the new video recording feature will be?
    HVGA to start, VGA coming later, according to some video I saw.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    HVGA to start, VGA coming later, according to some video I saw.
    Yup. Saw the same video.
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandStone View Post
    And yet, still no developer access to the microphone for speech-to-text or voice dialing? What's up wid' dat?
    Yeah. I'm really surprised it's gone so long like this. I want that app that identifies music for you!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    clearchannel radio stations!
    have you tried radiotime. free app. streams a lot of stations, some are clearchannel ones, i believe.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Im very concerned that they demod these new games and fancy features on a pre plus. I know you always want to demo your goods on the best hardware but did they intentionally not use an original pre as maybe they arent as capable and it would have looked bad. Im sure time will tell but those games and that level of multi tasking with those games running must be pretty ram intensive
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Official New Features Announced at CES
    * Video Recording - Due in February

Now, this may be a stupid question but, in the Palm presentation they mentioned "Video Capture", not recording.... what's the diff, you ask? well...

My question , will it be capturing AUDIO with the VIDEO?

If so, then why no voice/memo recording feature in webOS 1.4? If the app can record audio with the video, one would think capturing just the audio would be easy for a voice memo and/or a call recording utility, like CallRec for PalmOS.

If not, ...well, it would be kinda half-assed to have video without audio...

The term "video capture" just seemed to catch my ear...
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast