Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    If you go on the Iphone... check out the prices for apps from EA. Pricing is pretty much standard across platforms.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Do you have a link for that pricing? {Jonathan}
    Here's the link.

I forgot that they dropped the price recently. But still looks like $15 or $30 on top of a data plan (which starts at $70 with no texting).
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Here's the link.

I forgot that they dropped the price recently. But still looks like $15 or $30 on top of a data plan (which starts at $70 with no texting).
    Keep in mind that the above link provides pricing info on tethering, VZW may charge more for a mobile hot spot, which if they do, I would suspect the earlier pricing that I posted: $40 or $60 depending on the amount of data.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Keep in mind that the above link provides pricing info on tethering, VZW may charge more for a mobile hot spot, which if they do, I would suspect the earlier pricing that I posted: $40 or $60 depending on the amount of data.
    Thanks--keep in mind as well that a VZW customer may also be able to take advantage of free hotspots when available:

Verizon Wireless - Mobile Broadband - Verizon Wi-Fi Access

{Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    One wonders if, perhaps, Palm didn't feel the love from Sprint that it thought it should have over the past six months, and therefore didn't share the bounty of the Pre and Pixi Plus with it. {Jonathan}
    I think it's simpler than that: Verizon demanded some love themselves, or they'd 1) not carry Palm and 2) not promote them. I'm actually expecting big things from Verizon promotionally--there's a great deal for them to like about WebOS at this point.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I think it's simpler than that: Verizon demanded some love themselves, or they'd 1) not carry Palm and 2) not promote them. I'm actually expecting big things from Verizon promotionally--there's a great deal for them to like about WebOS at this point.
    And I'd add to that:
    3) It was time for some of the modifications.

Face it, people screamed about the 8gb on the Pre before it came out, and continued to do so after. I suspect (just a theory) Palm originally anticipated folks would swap Apps in and out of their phones, instead we're "hoarding" them (I include myself, I don't want to delete and reinstall apps). That means the 8gb isn't as useful for other things as they originally planned.

As far as the physical fixes, oreo has been complained about frequently, that was a no-brainer. The Pixi's "virtual button" is much more elegant than the one on my Pre. I think that was no-brainer as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    ...I'm actually expecting big things from Verizon promotionally--there's a great deal for them to like about WebOS at this point.
    I'm with you on this. Even though Sprint owners will (for a while) have the "older" device, there are Sprint subscribers that will see whatever advertisments Verizon have the Pre, and start looking for one on their current carrier.
    I'm a long time verizon user and palm user - switched to Sprint to get the Pre in June. I have been relatively happy with Sprint, but would like to switch back to Verizon so that my husband and I are on the same plan.

With the news about sprint raising their regulatory fees - hence allowing you to cancel your contract without ETFs... I'm seriously thinking about making the switch.

Anyone have an idea
    a) how much will the pre pro be at verizon?
    b) since they are both CDMA - what are the chances that verizon will allow a sprint pre on their network under their "open network" option?
    There is no way the verizon pre can work on sprint and vice versa. They are hardware locked to the carrier.

I am really finding it pathetic, these people that want to jump ship to verizon all the suddenly now for 8GB more of RAM. Seriously?

Verizon is a super controlling company and they wanted the Sprint to 'beta test' the Pre for them before they would roll it out. They also, I am sure, demanded that the Pre Plus steal the show and demanded that Palm not announce any new devices for other carriers until a certain time. When you are the biggest, you can make demands like that.

I am confident Sprint will get the next iteration of the Pre. Probably in summer. And it will be larger leap than the Pre plus.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by njacobson View Post
    I'm a long time verizon user and palm user - switched to Sprint to get the Pre in June. I have been relatively happy with Sprint, but would like to switch back to Verizon so that my husband and I are on the same plan.

With the news about sprint raising their regulatory fees - hence allowing you to cancel your contract without ETFs... I'm seriously thinking about making the switch.

Anyone have an idea
    a) how much will the pre pro be at verizon?
    b) since they are both CDMA - what are the chances that verizon will allow a sprint pre on their network under their "open network" option?
    No pricing announced on the Palm Pre Plus,

Their 'open network' option could be a possibility but they'll make you jump through a few hoops if indeed the program is out (you would have to send them your Pre so that they can test it, then register the ESN, last I heard).

It would make sense for the two of you to be on the same network.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    There is no way the verizon pre can work on sprint and vice versa. They are hardware locked to the carrier.

I am really finding it pathetic, these people that want to jump ship to verizon all the suddenly now for 8GB more of RAM. Seriously?

Verizon is a super controlling company and they wanted the Sprint to 'beta test' the Pre for them before they would roll it out. They also, I am sure, demanded that the Pre Plus steal the show and demanded that Palm not announce any new devices for other carriers until a certain time. When you are the biggest, you can make demands like that.

I am confident Sprint will get the next iteration of the Pre. Probably in summer. And it will be larger leap than the Pre plus.
    +1

I'm stuck with Sprint and hope that their support for each other leads them to releasing a revision as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
    June 30th. (30 days hath September, . . . )
    Doh!
    (corrected)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    June 30th
    dont be sad it should be out within a month or two lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i just want gpu support now please lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    yessss finally
    I'm hopeful that this Verizon exclusivity is limited to the US, and not a world wide exclusive. I would think Palm wouldn't want to release the previous version in France.

Hmm, and if those devices are HSPA, then we should see them in Canada too.
    How much would it be to use Mobile Hotspot on Sprint?
    I'm really psyched about the flash and camera...I was just about to install precorder again...but I'll wait a few for something much better. I like the ability to upload directly to youtube as well.
    PreDoodle - http://www.predoodle.com
    Palm Pre Comics and WebOS Humor all served up in a digital doodle fashion!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I really do not care about video recording.

I would much prefer voice command/dialing, voice memo, and voice sms msg.

Any word on those?
    Quote Originally Posted by icmfal View Post
    I really do not care about video recording.

I would much prefer voice command/dialing, voice memo, and voice sms msg.

Any word on those?
    I can't imagine that access to the microphone will take long to provide (if it's not there already). Probably just didn't rate mentioning at CES.

I'm expecting 1.4 to include many new features and improvements, along with what's been officially announced. Although I am quite angry at Palm for giving me _another_ thing to wait impatiently for.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast