Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    so who wants to scream since they want that extra RAM? erg. Looks like ill take the route to end my sprint contract and hit up verizon.
    your gonna leave sprint for more memory?? what are you gonna do when att get a pre with even more memory? Are you out of space with 8GB?
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    your gonna leave sprint for more memory?? what are you gonna do when att get a pre with even more memory? Are you out of space with 8GB?
    RAM not storage.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Where is NFS? They sure were talking it up but still I don't see it!
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    RAM not storage.
    did they announce more RAM? I thought they only said more storage?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    the pre is capable, and before the full potential is utilized, there is no reason to do full refresh of product line, maybe in another 6 months
    Exactly. I'd be ****ed if I just bought a Droid and now the Nexus One comes out which blows it away. Eeeeek. I'd rather Palm supports what it has right now instead of making a new phone every few months and ditching the older technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    did they announce more RAM? I thought they only said more storage?
    It was a bullet point in the presentation and confirmed by webOS internals.
    Not sure where people are getting this information about extra RAM, but I was following the Palm CES presentation on Engadget, Mobile Crunch, Precentral and Everything Pre, and not one of them mentioned RAM. I think people are misinterpreting the information.

The Engadget live blog said: "We've removed the navigation button, doubled the internal memory, 16GB of flash memory". I'm pretty sure they were just expounding on what the doubled internal memory was.
  8.    #88  
    I am starting to question the 512 mb of RAM.... I really don't think that was said. I am listening again.... it seems that there are retractions all across the internet on that one. Even Derek Kessler on PreCentral.net excluded that....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Converse420 View Post
    holy poo poo they want some major dough for these apps. They better be worth it!
    Major dough? You can't even buy a good magazine for that price. Lol.
    Why have a separate bullet point if it's referencing the same thing?
    Palm wouldn't split out the two on their slide. It clearly says double the internal memory and then next line is 16 GB of storage.
    That is where the 512 is coming from.
    I wonder if the extra RAM is required for the gaming or if Flash needs it more. Whatever the reason I need this to come back to Sprint because there is no way that I am getting locked into Verizon with that HUGE ETF. I like Sprint and feel like they are truly getting shafted here. I wonder if it is because they didn't sell enough units initially that they got left out of being able to release this phone first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I can't believe they did nothing with Sprint, ouch. I'm not feeling good about that.
    One wonders if, perhaps, Palm didn't feel the love from Sprint that it thought it should have over the past six months, and therefore didn't share the bounty of the Pre and Pixi Plus with it. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Why have a separate bullet point if it's referencing the same thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by bo4uofm View Post
    Palm wouldn't split out the two on their slide. It clearly says double the internal memory and then next line is 16 GB of storage.
    That is where the 512 is coming from.
    He is giving a presentation, so the slides complement whatever he is talking about. We didn't hear the presentation, so this is all speculation. I still doubt they doubled the RAM. Either way, I wouldn't jump ship, as I'm assuming Sprint will be getting a Pre upgrade come July.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    FYI people,

The Mobile Hotspot for the Verizon Palms do come at a price. That will be either $40 or $60 monthly ON TOP OF their data plans. Can you pay me now? Good!
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    One wonders if, perhaps, Palm didn't feel the love from Sprint that it thought it should have over the past six months, and therefore didn't share the bounty of the Pre and Pixi Plus with it. {Jonathan}
    hhhhhmmmmmmm really makes you wonder. I think u might be on to something watson :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by Converse420 View Post
    holy poo poo they want some major dough for these apps. They better be worth it!
    The iPhone has clearly warped the idea of what software should cost. I mean, movie tickets are $10 for a single, 1-2 hour experience where you don't get much of a free preview either! While I'm not suggesting that $5 or $10 isn't real money for some folks, in the scheme of entertainment, it's darn low, especially for titles from proven game developers. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Can you pay me now? Good!
    I love it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    June 31st
    Ha! Nice one. Everyone knows the real answer is July 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    FYI people,

The Mobile Hotspot for the Verizon Palms do come at a price. That will be either $40 or $60 monthly ON TOP OF their data plans. Can you pay me now? Good!
    Do you have a link for that pricing? {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast