Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 158
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    I liked seeing this.

    The Palm Hot Apps Program will reward developers of the hottest webOS applications with a total of $1 million. The top rewards of $100,000 will go to developers as follows:

    The developer of the free webOS application that’s downloaded the most between February 1, 2010, and May 31, 2010 will receive a $100,000.
    The developer of the paid-for webOS app that generates the most revenue during the same period will also receive $100,000.
    Developers of other top free and paid apps will also receive cash awards, as follows:

    The next 20 apps in each category: $10,000 each
    The next 200 apps in each category: $1,000 each
    To qualify for an award, your app – either free or paid – must be available to webOS users via Palm distribution programs between February 1, 2010, and May 31, 2010. In addition, the following criteria apply:


    Now there is some incentive which should create a ton of interest in development for webOS.
    absolutely. several highly public high quality apps will attract a lot of attentions.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    never used either in my previous phone and I'm still not missing them but you're not alone in wanting those features. Maybe one day you'll see some love on that front.
    I have always found voice dialing to be not worth the trouble but VVM is awesome.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Just wanting visual voicemail and voice activated dialing...
    And not having to wait 6 months for these features...
    Actually, Google Voice is better. VV doesn't translate the voicemail into text and give you a choice of sending it as an email or SMS. Go on, give it a try. I'm sure you'll like it

    Oh did I mention you can create groups in your contacts and have a specific message only play for that group?
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Actually, Google Voice is better. VV doesn't translate the voicemail into text and give you a choice of sending it as an email or SMS. Go on, give it a try. I'm sure you'll like it

    Oh did I mention you can create groups in your contacts and have a specific message only play for that group?
    Have a spare Google voice invite?
  5. #65  
    you should add the pre plus as 512mb ram :l
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    the pre is capable, and before the full potential is utilized, there is no reason to do full refresh of product line, maybe in another 6 months
    i agree. There's really no need to announce another phone, but there are a few things hardware wise that the next Pre needs to have. Mostly a stronger build feel. I'm hoping they release a Pre 2 come June with a metallic/stronger body, no looseness in the slider, 32GB (I don't need it, but it needs it when compared to the iphone), and maybe a slightly bigger OLED screen. Some higher end internals and more memory would definitely be a plus. If they really wanna go all out, they could toss a camera on the front too before other companies start doing it. If they could make it thinner, I'm sure no one would complain.
  7. Jaer57's Avatar
    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #67  
    According to Palm's blog, these are all the games coming to the app catalog today:

    * Need for Speed Undercover (EA Mobile)
    * The Sims 3 (EA Mobile)
    * MONOPOLY (EA Mobile)
    * Asphalt 5: Elite Racing (Gameloft)
    * Letís Golf! (Gameloft)
    * Glyder 2 (Glu Mobile)
    * X-Plane (Laminar Research)
    * EA Mobileís Tetris
    * Sudoku
    * SCRABBLE
    * The Oregon Trail
    * Brain Challenge.

    Good stuff!
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
  8. #68  
    Hmm... Pre Plus (on Verizon) has twice the internal memory (and storage).

    Now I'm jealous....
    Maybe a little ****ed...

    I'll get over it...
    Unless turns into a game changing difference... 256 to 512 is a big upgrade for RAM...
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    According to Palm's blog, these are all the games coming to the app catalog today:

    * Need for Speed Undercover (EA Mobile)
    * The Sims 3 (EA Mobile)
    * MONOPOLY (EA Mobile)
    * Asphalt 5: Elite Racing (Gameloft)
    * Letís Golf! (Gameloft)
    * Glyder 2 (Glu Mobile)
    * X-Plane (Laminar Research)
    * EA Mobileís Tetris
    * Sudoku
    * SCRABBLE
    * The Oregon Trail
    * Brain Challenge.

    Good stuff!
    I'm kinda surprised that Rubenstein doesn't take a page out of the apple playbook and have his people post things the minute its announced. I mean I'm not complaining that I have to wait 2 minutes, but its a really good strategy for getting people excited about an announcement.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Actually, Google Voice is better. VV doesn't translate the voicemail into text and give you a choice of sending it as an email or SMS. Go on, give it a try. I'm sure you'll like it
    I have Google Voice. I forward my cell number to it when I am out of the country so I can get VM transcripts over email. I think the VVM built into the iPhone and BB Bold is much better. The transcripts are not always that accurate, I like fast access to the audio recording and the ability to quickly clear out my inbox.

    I also have Vonage for my home phone. It does an equally bad job with transcripts but it can email a VM transcript with an audio attachment.
  11. #71  
    But I still don't see the new apps in the catalog... They said they were available right now in the catalog... But where???
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I'm kinda surprised that Rubenstein doesn't take a page out of the apple playbook and have his people post things the minute its announced. I mean I'm not complaining that I have to wait 2 minutes, but its a really good strategy for getting people excited about an announcement.
    They're up now.

    Edit: No Need for Speed yet.
  13. Jaer57's Avatar
    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #73  
    The games just hit my app catalog!
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
  14. #74  
    nevermind! I spoke too soon, the games are up!!!
  15. #75  
    holy crap... they want me to spend $6-10 per game with no trial? I dunno about that one.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    holy crap... they want me to spend $6-10 per game with no trial? I dunno about that one.
    You expected anything less from EA?
  17. #77  
    I don't see n4s.
  18. #78  
    They are starting to trickle in now... Monopoly, Sims 3, Tetris.. waiting for Need for Speed...

    Asphalt 5 looks ok, never heard of Gameloft though.
  19. #79  
    holy poo poo they want some major dough for these apps. They better be worth it!
  20. #80  
    so who wants to scream since they want that extra RAM? erg. Looks like ill take the route to end my sprint contract and hit up verizon.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions