Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I stick with sprint because of the pre and now no pre plus? Sucks!
    +1

Some nice upgrades to our phones, but I feel a *little* left out in the hardware dept.

"I wish my lawn were goth, so it would cut itself." -unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman109 View Post
    +1

Some nice upgrades to our phones, but I feel a *little* left out in the hardware dept.
    I don't. I only use 4GB so far as I mostly stream media. And it's not worth paying $30-$50/month more on Verzion to have 8GB more. And the tethering wlil probably be another $30/month or more while we can unoffically do it on Sprint for nothing.

We'll get all the new software features, which is more important.

Maybe the next Sprint Pre will have WiMAX.
    Exclusive to verizon. Wonder what AT&T is getting?
    Cant believe they (Verizon) is get a sleeker looking Pre (no center button).... I haven't used the center button since I first got my Pre... I always just slid up on the cards or pulled the launcher button up to access other apps...
    Pre plus also has 512 mb's of RAM which will increase speed.. so us sprint users really get left out there..

-Toaster
    Yeah, Verizon has an extra charge for everything, so for sure they are going to hit you up for tethering. That's one feature I hardly ever use, most of the hotel chains have free wifi now.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    I don't. I only use 4GB so far as I mostly stream media. And it's not worth paying $30-$50/month more on Verzion to have 8GB more. And the tethering wlil probably be another $30/month or more while we can unoffically do it on Sprint for nothing.

We'll get all the new software features, which is more important.

Maybe the next Sprint Pre will have WiMAX.
    Ya those feature you mention are pointless but the extra 256mb of ram for running games apps etc is a huge kick to the nuts for us, ever demo was done a pre plus and was lag free. I have a bad feeling we will be be seeing the same performance as the demos.
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    Pre plus also has 512 mb's of RAM which will increase speed.. so us sprint users really get left out there..

-Toaster
    Not necessarly faster but you could likely add more cards. Some apps might take advantage of the 512MB but then they wouldn't get the older Pre market.
    I feel like something will come for Sprint later.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I'm still have 6.2 gigs available on my phone, verizon can stick the + where the sun don't shine. I really hate when the companies partner up so that people have to switch their carriers to get the new, latest and greatest phone. I don't play the game of switching service providers based on what phone they offered. I choose the carrier first. I have a friend that just got an Iphone because she had to have it. She didn't think the fact that At&t suck in our area was that important. Now she cannot even make a call at her house. It does play music well though.
  12.    #12  
    I'm very disapointed...any chance sprint will get the pre plus in June?
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I am pretty sure the ram is exactly the same.
    It's not. It is doubled.
    Believe me I switched from VZW to Sprint to get the Pre, even knowing VZW was getting the Pre. While the new hardware changes are nice, their plans are still the worst out there. I'd rather save money per month.
    well, is it possible to still gain the speed through an update, or is it strictly a hardware issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    The ram is exactly the same. The storage was doubled not ram. Previous poster said ram was doubled to 512MB but I have no idea where he got that from.
    Palm Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus Are Coming to Verizon Exclusively January 25 - Palm - Gizmodo

"The Palm Pre plus removed the navigation button, has 2x internal RAM,..."

Twitter / WebOS Internals: Confirmed in IRC that Palm ...

"Confirmed in IRC that Palm Pre Plus is 512MB RAM."

The Pre has 256MB of RAM. The Pre Plus has 512. Can't get any simpler than that. Sprint has the great task of continuing to sell gimped Pre phones until Palm announces a refresh. Yay.
    Come June 2010 Sprint will have the Pre2 and the Verizon folk will be crying. Its just the nature of technology. Palm has always given Sprint the latest greatest.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    It doesn't make sense to me to make hardware changes, and then make them exclusive to another carrier. People will still be buying the Pre on Sprint. So does that mean Palm has to continue producing the "original" version just for Sprint? It would be expensive to keep both lines going, for no good reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Palm Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus Are Coming to Verizon Exclusively January 25 - Palm - Gizmodo

"The Palm Pre plus removed the navigation button, has 2x internal RAM,..."

Twitter / WebOS Internals: Confirmed in IRC that Palm ...

"Confirmed in IRC that Palm Pre Plus is 512MB RAM."

The Pre has 256MB of RAM. The Pre Plus has 512. Can't get any simpler than that. Sprint has the great task of continuing to sell gimped Pre phones until Palm announces a refresh. Yay.

It will likely be June when the Pre Plus shows up elsewhere. Esclusivity sucks. Especially when you screw over the people who picked you sorry butts off the ground by buying your phone....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I can wait until June or July for the Pre+ to show up on Sprint. The memory thing isn't the biggest deal for me yet (I don't have aslew of games now and may not later) and I could care less about having a center button or not.

The big picture is the software and updates will work just fine regardless of which carrier, so we're not losing out there, and Palm gets more exposure, which brings more money to them, keeping development alive and well for webOS. It's not as if Sprint's version is now obsolete.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the cost of the data plans will be MUCH nicer on Sprint than the big red V
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast