Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1.    #1  
    Anybody think the WebOS market is going to splinter a little with the Pixi not being able to do half this stuff?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Anybody think the WebOS market is going to splinter a little with the Pixi not being able to do half this stuff?
    Could be wrong, I thought the only thing they said the Pixi can't do is Flash.
  3. #3  
    The Pixi can't play the big games right now either.
  4. #4  
    That was the only big negative i was thinking. And the whole thought of why was the Pixi even developed with gimped specs comes to mind again.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    That was the only big negative i was thinking. And the whole thought of why was the Pixi even developed with gimped specs comes to mind again.
    yea, doesn't really make sense, but i guess they thought of it as the centro of the product line. The pixi will end up being the cheap or free alternative. It would be smart for palm to develop a pixi with full specs for people that just like that form factor, but I'm perfectly happy with my Pre.
  6. #6  
    well the Pre is the 'higher end' of the two so it should have some advantages IMO
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
  7. #7  
    Anybody see the new games in the app catalog yet?
  8. ozziegt's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #8  
    As long as they have a way for Pixi owners to filter / not download 3D enabled apps I think it should be fine. Developers will just have to consider that when building their applications.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    yea, doesn't really make sense, but i guess they thought of it as the centro of the product line. The pixi will end up being the cheap or free alternative. It would be smart for palm to develop a pixi with full specs for people that just like that form factor, but I'm perfectly happy with my Pre.
    The Centro was as fast if not faster than the 755p at the time. It was just smaller and discounted. The slower integrated chipset allows Palm to make the Pixi much smaller, so performance wasn't gimped for price reasons alone.

    What was gimped for price was wi-fi (really a segmentation to protect Pre sales), and the screen which is dimmer and not as sharp on the Pixi. These two decisions have no upside, just a marginal impact on price.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  10.    #10  
    Only problem with the Centro comparisons is that the Centro could do pretty much what other Treos could do and run.

    The Pixi is a slower Pre with a fraction of the capability. Not trying to be Debbie Downer on a shining day for Palm, but I see the same fragmentation issues that Android is facing taking hold.

    Pre phones with different amounts of RAM, games that don't dynamically scale resolution, handsets with inadequate horsepower for the latest baubles....you see what I mean.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Only problem with the Centro comparisons is that the Centro could do pretty much what other Treos could do and run.

    The Pixi is a slower Pre with a fraction of the capability. Not trying to be Debbie Downer on a shining day for Palm, but I see the same fragmentation issues that Android is facing taking hold.

    Pre phones with different amounts of RAM, games that don't dynamically scale resolution, handsets with inadequate horsepower for the latest baubles....you see what I mean.
    Centro was actually faster, more optimized than the Treo.

    But yeah, what you said.
  12. #12  
    Can not believe Verizon is getting a better Pre than Sprint... come on now 16gigs internal
    WTH!!!

    Also does the second gen Pre (Pre Plus) have a clean face (no center button)... So does this mean that we could expect a even better Pre for the Sprint network next year???
  13. #13  
    where does it say the pixi won't get flash enabled? if thats true ill be very upset as i own one.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    well the Pre is the 'higher end' of the two so it should have some advantages IMO
    +1
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  15. #15  
    its to be expected palm needs to establish the pre as top dog in their lineup until the next webos device arrives
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by que180 View Post
    Can not believe Verizon is getting a better Pre than Sprint... come on now 16gigs internal
    WTH!!!

    Also does the second gen Pre (Pre Plus) have a clean face (no center button)... So does this mean that we could expect a even better Pre for the Sprint network next year???
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. A definite possibility.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  17. #17  
    the 1.4 update will be for both phones all i see is no gaming for the pixi yet.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    well the Pre is the 'higher end' of the two so it should have some advantages IMO
    Why does one have to be higher end? Form factor is enough difference. Both are priced similarly.

    I'd like to see a third bigger phone that allow better screen & landscape kb. You know..for all that gaming people will be doing since Palm is a gaming company now.

    Don't aim toward the low end.
  19. #19  
    because if they made them both the same hardware wise theyd be the same price and pixi is aimed at teens and firsttime smartphone users
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    because if they made them both the same hardware wise theyd be the same price and pixi is aimed at teens and firsttime smartphone users
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions