Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    because if they made them both the same hardware wise theyd be the same price and pixi is aimed at teens and firsttime smartphone users
    really because i owned a pre and now a pixi and i notice no difference. im also not a woman or teen and ive owned many pocket pc's and smartphones in my life. so far the pixi is the best. is this true about no flash for the pixi? how will that work with the new 1.4 update then? i may just trade mine for a hero.
    WebOS internals folk already said that their games ports will run on the Pixi once they finish porting to that size.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    because if they made them both the same hardware wise theyd be the same price and pixi is aimed at teens and firsttime smartphone users
    Because price deters those same people from buying iPhones in droves at $199-$299, often times requiring a carrier switch to make it even slightly more burdensome?

The form factor is distinguishing enough. iPhone didn't start fragmenting until the introduction of the 3GS two years after launch. Android didn't start until their second generation one year after launch. Palm is beating them all to the punch by pulling off a schizoid market where the apps, (Edit) PERFORMANCE and functionality available to you vary greatly by region, device, and carrier just seven months after launch.

That's not a great achievement.
    Last edited by mikah912; 01/07/2010 at 02:33 PM.
    <Looks around for all the Android Fragmentation enthusiasts>
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    where does it say the pixi won't get flash enabled? if thats true ill be very upset as i own one.
    11:48AM Flash 10 beta plugin will be in the App Catalog soon... Pre only!
    Live from Palm's CES 2010 press event -- Engadget
    yeah the beta but im sure by the time 1.4 rolls out the pixi would have it. i mean why not?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    It would be too stupid for Palm not to support Flash on the Pixi. I want to see an official statement from Palm. The only thing I've read is that the Beta is only available for the Pre.
  8.    #28  
    Well, it's for WebOS, not a device, but if the Pre Plus with DOUBLE the RAM played Flash stuttering, don't see how a Pixi is going to fare well.
    "11:37AM "Awesome games that integrate with webOS. Software updates that provide a new video experience for customers. And last but not least -- Flash plugin for the Pre browser." No Pixi then? Not surprised. Back to Katie."

"11:47AM So the games will only be available for US Pre customers. Sorry Pixi buyers -- you're screwed."

"11:48AM Flash 10 beta plugin will be in the App Catalog soon... Pre only!"

It doesn't look too good for the Pixi owners out there. I'm sure there will be work-arounds for most of this, but still...
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    yeah the beta but im sure by the time 1.4 rolls out the pixi would have it. i mean why not?
    i dunno.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    That was the only big negative i was thinking. And the whole thought of why was the Pixi even developed with gimped specs comes to mind again.
    EXACTLY!!!! i understand sometimes people want a cheaper version of a certain phone... but i think they dumbed the pixi down waaaayyyy too much lol. I recently bought a Pixi for my girl because she REALLY WANTED IT.... oh well, i'm happy with my pre.
    they made a huge mistake with the Pixi... imo they should just bury the current one ASAP and bring out a better one... i mean how many pixi people they really gonna **** off... a couple of hundred

they thought they would corner the market with a CHEAP phone after bringing out the Pre at iphone prices. They had no idea that they would have to drop the price of the pre to rock bottom prices. They had no idea that the competitions CHEAP phone (hero, eris) would be MORE feature rich (WIFI) than their pixi at $99.

imo... they should just come out with a new candy bar with same hardware spec and screen aspect ratio so that all apps are compatible. they are going to have to leave the current pixi owners behind eventually... better do it when there arent that many... which also means... it's not selling well anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by chazz6422 View Post
    EXACTLY!!!! i understand sometimes people want a cheaper version of a certain phone... but i think they dumbed the pixi down waaaayyyy too much lol. I recently bought a Pixi for my girl because she REALLY WANTED IT.... oh well, i'm happy with my pre.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12