1.    #1  
    AT&T to Get Dell Phone and Two Palm Phones - Tom's Guide

Will it be the Pre / Pixi or something new ?

The second surprise is that AT&T will soon launch two WebOS devices. That's right, two Palm-branded smartphones will be available from AT&T later this year. There are plenty of Sprint customers using the Palm Pre and loving it so it'll be interesting to see if AT&T just end up offering the GSM version of the Pre (currently available in Europe) and its baby brother the Pixi, or if the carrier gets completely new devices.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Palm was full of great announcements today, but AT&T did not receive any mention. The Palm Website was just updated with the verizon plus phones, but still nothing on US GSM Pre or Pixi.

I love the C and C++ dev and the other new features in webos, but I am not changing carriers (would mean two for my family). All the new ***** in the world does me no good if I can't get a phone that works on ATT.

I am really ****ed. Why does Palm have to lock itself down with these carriers?

becoming not so avid-user
    1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)
    Quote Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
    Palm was full of great announcements today, but AT&T did not receive any mention. The Palm Website was just updated with the verizon plus phones, but still nothing on US GSM Pre or Pixi.

I love the C and C++ dev and the other new features in webos, but I am not changing carriers (would mean two for my family). All the new ***** in the world does me no good if I can't get a phone that works on ATT.

I am really ****ed. Why does Palm have to lock itself down with these carriers?

Interesting that no AT&T carrier announcement was included in Palm's CES Event. Makes me wonder if AT&T's announcement during their developer conference yesterday was intended as a stopgap measure to keep existing customers from jumping to Verizon on January 25th????

AT&T customers, do not fret. There is still hope of a "3G" Palm Pre that works on AT&T right around the corner:

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-use-t-3g.html
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    ...Makes me wonder if AT&T's announcement during their developer conference yesterday was intended as a stopgap measure to keep existing customers from jumping to Verizon on January 25th????

AT&T customers, do not fret. There is still hope of a "3G" Palm Pre that works on AT&T right around the corner:

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-use-t-3g.html
    You are probably correct. Palm wasn't going to even dream of stepping on Verizon's toes yesterday, but many of us ATT people have been drooling over (and dreaming of) our GSM Pre/Pixi for months now. ATT's announcement will definitely buy me a few more months of patience!
    tim
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
    ...I am really ****ed. Why does Palm have to lock itself down with these carriers?

Hang in there, avid! Look at it this way: all these Sprint/Verizon/European purchasers are going through all of the learning curve for us. By the time these come to ATT, all of the major flaws and missing features will be fixed and added, and we'll be in hog-heaven!!!
    tim
    Global Posts
    2,653 Global Posts
    On Windows Mobile and Smartphone News, Reviews, and Video - pocketnow.com there was an announcement by the head of ATT that ATT would be getting two webos devices in 2010 which are likely to the gsm pre plus and pixi plus
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    @TimmyB:

Thanks, but I am not so much the optimist based on the history here. I expect that AT&T will initially release a US-band version of the original GSM Pre and Pixi.

The Plus versions are exclusive to Verizon--at least for awhile--6 mos like Sprint?

At least the OS will be several versions along.

aviduser
    1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)