Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yup, verizon only, exclusive to the Plus'es .
    i feel bent over! No Sprint love??!!!
    Live free or DIE!
    Well, they did it, they did what I didn't think they would do. They wow'ed me. I'm so happy, I can't wait for the update next month, and blasted thing, going have to check app catalog now and get the install failed problem fixed.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Thanks for showing gratitude towards the people who picked up your product while it was still an infant. Verizon's exclusivity is a hard slap in the face. I understand Verizon getting first dibs on second gen, I even understand it being a quarter or more until Sprint would recieve the Pre Plus, but to, for lack of a better word, screw Sprint customers out of it is amazing.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I think the VZ thing is fairly smart.. it will possibly increase the #'s of Pre's a large amount, which will help EVERYONE get better apps and features. Yeah it sucks there is no annoucement for Sprint yet, but honestly how many people who drop their existing Pre and get a Pre Plus? 5%? I'm sure Sprint will get something as good or better eventually. People need to stop with the entitlement mentality.. Its a cell phone.. if you are really ****ed break your contract and sign up with VZ.. otherwise you knew you were going to be locked into those phone for 12-24 months anyway.

VZ could be paying Palm more per phone as well that Sprint was unable or unwilling to do.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    I think the VZ thing is fairly smart.. it will possibly increase the #'s of Pre's a large amount, which will help EVERYONE get better apps and features. Yeah it sucks there is no annoucement for Sprint yet, but honestly how many people who drop their existing Pre and get a Pre Plus? 5%? I'm sure Sprint will get something as good or better eventually. People need to stop with the entitlement mentality.. Its a cell phone.. if you are really ****ed break your contract and sign up with VZ.. otherwise you knew you were going to be locked into those phone for 12-24 months anyway.

VZ could be paying Palm more per phone as well that Sprint was unable or unwilling to do.

Yeah, I can see your point. But in the same aspect, wouldnt Palm selling to only 1 carrier for that phone be a loss to sales? Isnt that the whole multi-carrier benifit that Apple has completely lost out on?

If wanting the option to stay with a carrier that started the webOS ball rolling, upgrading a webOS phone (Pixi is a downgrade in my eyes to the Pre) out of my own pocket, then yeah... I guess I do have that mentality. Amazingly... dont in the least bit feel bad either
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12