Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    That was a long 2 hours.
    I know. We're still missing the 'there is still no visual voicemail and voice answer' complaint as well as the 'the GPU still isn't being used to make scrolling in the menus similar to that of scrolling in the Iphone menus' complaints.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I am still on the "I am an AT&T user and can't get any Pre in the US that works with 3G" complaint.

It's really a more basic thing for me . . . the new features look great. I just want to get in on the game.
    1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Promised since day one by whom? The voices in your head? Palm never promised a few of those things at all, less on day ONE.

And the Pre Plus does not have more Ram. ITo quote Rubinstein, "So as you can see, we've been hard at work building new products. In fact today, we're announcing two new products. First, the Pre Plus. We've removed the navigation button, doubled the internal memory, 16GB of flash memory."

He doesn't say Ram, he says internal memory, 16gm of flash memory. Some of you are bad readers.
    They indeed did double the ram. It's on gizmodo. It was also stated in the precentral Live coverage by Dieter.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    To be fair, you did say last month. Last month was December, no way you could be 40 and 45 days out.

However, your Pixi will continue to work at least as well as it did, probably better. And you'll be eligible for upgrades in November. I suspect by then we'll see something better than what was announced today.
    Haha, you're right. I think the actual dates were the 22nd and 30th. By last month I mean November .

Yea, I'm going to wait until my 1yr is up, I'm sure Sprint will get a nice lineup by then.

However, until then, I'm sour grapes .
    Quote Originally Posted by UF15 View Post
    I saw a ton of stuff that 3rd party games will have access to the GPU, but I didn't see anything that said that stuff like menu animations and scrolling would be done by the GPU.

I suspect that these things will not be GPU accelerated or done in OpenGL, and just certain apps can run a plugin that uses the GPU. Personally, that really lets me down because I don't care about games. I just want it to scroll as smoothly as the iPhone.
    User interface performance will likely be improved (besides to things like the usual optimizations and offloading some app processes to C/C++, etc.) via CSS Transforms, which is being built into WebKit. Palm mentions that they're "closely tracking" such technologies here: The Palm webOS Plug-in Development Kit - Palm Developer Center

Patience, grasshopper. Palm has made remarkable strides in the 7 months since the Pre was released. I'm amazed at what they've done here--one would have to be pretty jaded not to be.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    All I can say is, when does sprint get the Pre Plus, and why the heck are all the apps so dang expensive. Who has 10$ just to throw around on a car racing game. Seriously thats ridiculous. I could understand 2$ or 3$, but 10$? Seriously that is bugging me. I already spent a ton on this device, shouldn't we at least have a few free good app games? There isn't a single good game on there that isn't for free.
    I LOVE the pre to death but hate the fact that STILL to this day they have not included a backup solution to backup EVERYTHING as you can on older palm devices mainly pics and text as well as call logs...

Simple things including call log timers, text message times n all I mean KNOW most of this stuff is available through homebrew but thats my point guys dont you agree PALM should do all this we shouldn't have to wait for someone else to lol..'
    how about categories for contacts?
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    User interface performance will likely be improved (besides to things like the usual optimizations and offloading some app processes to C/C++, etc.) via CSS Transforms, which is being built into WebKit. Palm mentions that they're "closely tracking" such technologies here: The Palm webOS Plug-in Development Kit - Palm Developer Center

Patience, grasshopper. Palm has made remarkable strides in the 7 months since the Pre was released. I'm amazed at what they've done here--one would have to be pretty jaded not to be.
    That's good to see. Eventually webOS will be very cool to develop for, if one is willing to wait.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    All I can say is, when does sprint get the Pre Plus, and why the heck are all the apps so dang expensive. Who has 10$ just to throw around on a car racing game. Seriously thats ridiculous. I could understand 2$ or 3$, but 10$? Seriously that is bugging me. I already spent a ton on this device, shouldn't we at least have a few free good app games? There isn't a single good game on there that isn't for free.
    You're lucky its 10 bucks, PC/Console games can range any where from 40-70 dollars. Here's need for speed on the PC look at its price:

Gamestop.com - Buy Need for Speed: Shift - PC

Call of duty Modern Warfare 2 was 70 bucks which is outrageous for the PC/video game market. I think the games are decently priced.

-Toaster
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    Haha, you're right. I think the actual dates were the 22nd and 30th. By last month I mean November .

Yea, I'm going to wait until my 1yr is up, I'm sure Sprint will get a nice lineup by then.

However, until then, I'm sour grapes .
    OK SG, I'm impressed you manned-up, but I'm going to pick on you a little more (just because I suspect you're somewhat typical of the other SG's out there).

So, you weren't really eligible for an upgrade until 4/10 (three more months away). You got your wife the Pixi in mid-November. You were still holding out, because you wanted to "figure out how to get it cheap". You apparently figured out a way (I know, assumption on my part, but to gotta have a few assumptions).

So, you probably badgered a Sprint rep or a Best Buy salesperson into giving you an upgrade right away (no offense meant, I badgered a BB guy into giving my wife the $29 "new user" price). I'm guessing you paid $49 each for the Pixi's (granted, you may have paid more, but you might have paid less, we got my wife's for $29).

Look at the other side of things. I paid $200 for my Pre, $300 up front and had to wait on the other $100 to come back to me. So, for my quadruple the price of your Pixi, I get the WiFi, bigger screen, slightly faster CPU, and the ability to upgrade a little sooner.

Let's face it, there are advantages and disadvantages to being an early adopter. You can buy into the fun, and you'll pay a little more. You can play it safe, but you'll miss out on some of the fun.

Now, I think you sound like a pretty allright guy. Seriously, anyone that can post this:
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    I received my wife's Pixi today (will be getting mine as soon as I figure out how to get it cheap) and I noticed that there is some clouding on the bottom half of the screen.

I plan on getting a replacement for it, but was curious as to others experiences.

EDIT: There were no problems, the screen I was on literally had clouds on it. Boy do I feel dumb.
    can't be half bad; but you need to get happy with what you've got. There's a ton of stuff you can do with that device. Do it, learn it. When you're next eligible, you might even want to wait just a few weeks to see "what's out there".

Side note, that's what my wife did, she didn't want to jump at the Pre, and thus got a device that suits her better for $170 less. However, she's going to look closer at the new games, and decide if she wants to take the Pixi back and pay the other $70 to get a Pre. Even at that, she paid $100 less than I.

Hope you see my point (and I really mean it about the "cloud" post, awsome job of 'fessing up...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    There isn't a single good game on there that isn't for free.
    Check what you said there. To paraphrase Inigo Montoya; "I don't think that phrase means what you think it means".
    Check what you said there. To paraphrase Inigo Montoya; "I don't think that phrase means what you think it means".
    Hee hee.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post

How long is reasonable to wait for something that should have been done 7 months ago, and that was done 3 years ago with the original iPhone. This isn't bleeding-edge technology at this point, so I find it ridiculous that one would have to wait even longer for an improvement that might not even come.

Go poach some iPhone OS developers and have them fix this. WebGL doesn't guarantee anything and is probably 8 months out still.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UF15 View Post
    How long is reasonable to wait for something that should have been done 7 months ago, and that was done 3 years ago with the original iPhone. This isn't bleeding-edge technology at this point, so I find it ridiculous that one would have to wait even longer for an improvement that might not even come.

Go poach some iPhone OS developers and have them fix this. WebGL doesn't guarantee anything and is probably 8 months out still.
    Some people on this forum, after reading numerous threads, would tell you to wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, and wait some more on Palm. But why?? For what? I mean if Sprint had the Droid or iPhone, or got a phone with a bigger screen, faster CPU, more Ram, why would you wait on the Pre? For what? I am looking forward to the Moment once Sprint gets it with the mobile dtv built in. How will the Pre compare then? Even in the commercials for Sprints ready now network, the Pre looks like a lame duck when they show it compared to Android. I mean multitasking is nice, but at the expense of every other phone feature on Planet Earth, who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post
    Some people on this forum, after reading numerous threads, would tell you to wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, and wait some more on Palm. But why?? For what? I mean if Sprint had the Droid or iPhone, or got a phone with a bigger screen, faster CPU, more Ram, why would you wait on the Pre? For what? I am looking forward to the Moment once Sprint gets it with the mobile dtv built in. How will the Pre compare then? Even in the commercials for Sprints ready now network, the Pre looks like a lame duck when they show it compared to Android. I mean multitasking is nice, but at the expense of every other phone feature on Planet Earth, who cares?
    Just curious, lately you have posted a lot of comments bashing palm and the pre. You also seem to love the iPhone and Android. Why don't you get one.

Not trying to put you down but I just want to know why the handful of people on here who gripe about the pre and don't like the OS stick with it.
    I mean multitasking is nice, but at the expense of every other phone feature on Planet Earth, who cares?
    Every other feature on the planet? Isn't that just a tad overdramatic?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    Just curious, lately you have posted a lot of comments bashing palm and the pre. You also seem to love the iPhone and Android. Why don't you get one.

Not trying to put you down but I just want to know why the handful of people on here who gripe about the pre and don't like the OS stick with it.
    You're right. I don't like all the hardware issues I have had. It just makes all the other missing things stand out. I don't want spend the extra money to go to AT&T and Verizon since Sprint serves my needs where I live. I don't want to pay full retail price for a new phone to replace my Pre. So, I am stuck with the Pre until I can upgrade. I don't love any phone necessarily, but I have played around with both the iPhone and the Droid, so I can see what the Pre is missing. Look, if I could sell the Pre on Ebay and make enough to buy another Sprint smartphone I would, but the thing doesn't even go for over $250 on Ebay. Apparently its not just me, others identify the issues with the Pre and it shows. How about attacking Palm? Why are there so many Palm lovers on these forums that fail to see the issues?
    You're right. I don't like all the hardware issues I have had. It just makes all the other missing things stand out. I don't want spend the extra money to go to AT&T and Verizon since Sprint serves my needs where I live. I don't want to pay full retail price for a new phone to replace my Pre. So, I am stuck with the Pre until I can upgrade. I don't love any phone necessarily, but I have played around with both the iPhone and the Droid, so I can see what the Pre is missing. Look, if I could sell the Pre on Ebay and make enough to buy another Sprint smartphone I would, but the thing doesn't even go for over $250 on Ebay. Apparently its not just me, others identify the issues with the Pre and it shows. How about attacking Palm? Why are there so many Palm lovers on these forums that fail to see the issues?
    If you recognize the problems stop complaining and do what is best for you. Certainly, the Pre on Sprint in its current form isn't for you. I'm sure that there are reasonably priced Android phones on Sprint that you can afford without taking out a mortgage. Coming here and complaining doesn't solve the problem you're facing. You sir or madam have the power to change your situation. You do know that don't you?

Anywho, I wish you and the many others whom complain incesstantly about their Pres yet they contain to keep them, luck in finding a phone that suits your needs. Truly, I do.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    ...How about attacking Palm? Why are there so many Palm lovers on these forums that fail to see the issues?
    Maybe we're just not so smart like you... or maybe we don't have the same "issues". Who knows...

But, I do know this. If I was as unhappy with any device as some of you seem with the Pre, I'd be changing devices. Even if you can't afford a new phone, you should be able to use your old one.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    If you recognize the problems stop complaining and do what is best for you. Certainly, the Pre on Sprint in its current form isn't for you. I'm sure that there are reasonably priced Android phones on Sprint that you can afford without taking out a mortgage. Coming here and complaining doesn't solve the problem you're facing. You sir or madam have the power to change your situation. You do know that don't you?

Anywho, I wish you and the many others whom complain incesstantly about their Pres yet they contain to keep them, luck in finding a phone that suits your needs. Truly, I do.
    Maybe we're just not so smart like you... or maybe we don't have the same "issues". Who knows...

But, I do know this. If I was as unhappy with any device as some of you seem with the Pre, I'd be changing devices. Even if you can't afford a new phone, you should be able to use your old one.
    Don't have any old phones. Sold them. Really though, I don't have to explain to you what problems I am going through with my phones. I also have the right to complain as much or as little as I want. I have recognized the problems and I have notified sprint customer service and I am trying to work out a solution with them. Funny thing, me complaining is recognizing the problem, and letting people know my experience helps me vent and maybe, just maybe it will help other people, because maybe they have similar issues. At least I tried to support Palm, not just on the Pre, but on so many devices before that. That is why I complain sometimes (and unfortunately it has been my tone lately, but I am more then just complaints), because I knew what Palm was capable of, and how far back they have fallen with the Pre.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast