Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 172
  1. UF15's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #121  
    I saw a ton of stuff that 3rd party games will have access to the GPU, but I didn't see anything that said that stuff like menu animations and scrolling would be done by the GPU.

    I suspect that these things will not be GPU accelerated or done in OpenGL, and just certain apps can run a plugin that uses the GPU. Personally, that really lets me down because I don't care about games. I just want it to scroll as smoothly as the iPhone.
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    This is not a dictatorship. It's a FORUM.
    You're half right. It is a forum, but it's run by a dictatorship. Fortunately, I believe it's a benevloent dictatorship, but it's not run by vote of the users.
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Well, even though I went over to the Hero (couldn't turn down a $1.00 phone) from my beloved Pre, I am anxiously waiting to see where the next shoe drops.
    No shoe dropping. As PogeyPetey pointed out, it's a Palm, not a Foot...
  4. #124  
    As a UK Pre owner since November, I must admit Im alittle disapointed but, Its not the hardware that bothers me, the built quality improvements and the doubling of the flash I can live with if anything they were expected.

    The 512MB of RAM feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth but it happens with tech, products get better, evolve. What do you expect palm to do? keep their new products slow so they don't annoy there current users?

    But what I won't take is being left behind with updates and paid apps! I have money to spend and no were to spend it! Sort it Palm!
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Yep. Even I have to say- So far, so good....

    BTW- 2:50
    Still no complaints on this 'official' complaint thread.
    BTW Pt. 2 - I thought ppl said that Palm doesn't read our complaints. Hmmm...
    That's because they're complaining in the other threads...
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    My single complaint: I bought Tetris Mania and now EA is trying to sell me the real Tetris for $7?!
    I think you should return your phone and demand a real phone!!!
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by everton86 View Post
    As a UK Pre owner since November, I must admit Im alittle disapointed but, Its not the hardware that bothers me, the built quality improvements and the doubling of the flash I can live with if anything they were expected.

    The 512MB of RAM feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth but it happens with tech, products get better, evolve. What do you expect palm to do? keep their new products slow so they don't annoy there current users?

    But what I won't take is being left behind with updates and paid apps! I have money to spend and no were to spend it! Sort it Palm!
    I expect palm to atleast help us out a little (uk owners who got the pre much more recently) in not getting totally screwed. I mean I would rather Have waited the 3 months for the pre plus instead of taking out an 18month contract. Atleast apple release there stuff every year. Its not just the ram, the phone has better build quality, and better keyboard. I will be calling o2 tomorrow with my dismay and they better offer a trade in programme
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Promised since day one by whom? The voices in your head? Palm never promised a few of those things at all, less on day ONE.
    ...
    Too funny!!!
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I'm sorry but that is the way tech works today. Go ask Apple. Look, I'm feeling good b/c I stuck with ATT instead of jumping to Sprint and in June I'm going to get the Pre Plus.

    I'm sure Sprint will also get the Pluses.
    You're missing the point. The Pre is pretty much due for a upgrade, yes it sucks, but it is the way it is.

    I'm referring to the Pixi. I converted from a line of Treo phones to the Pixi. The Pre had no appeal to me, especially after all of the oreo complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post
    I guess Palm picked up way more from Apple then just Jon Rubinstein. Its been 6 months since the launch of the Pre. A bump in the Pre hardware and exclusive to a new carrier, is a slap in the face to existing owners, no matter how much you try to sugar coat it. Pixi owners got the screwing even more. Why did they even launch it on Sprint with no wifi? 2 months, 2 short months and Pixi owner's phones are terds. Not to mention that games and flash seem to a Pre only affair. Why does the Pixi even exist?
    Exactly, I want to throw my 2 Pixi's out the window now .

    Especially since we don't get immediate Flash support.
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Ok now Im angry.. really really really really really angry. Only thing that will calm me down is that if palm let you have pre plus trade in.
    Would not fixing these things, and not adding the additions have made your current device any better?

    As I said before, crabs in a basket.
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    Pixi owners on Sprint got totally and utterly screwed. No flash, no games. Wifi on Verizon Pixi. Thanks a lot Palm! I'm so glad to have be faithful to you for 6 years when everyone said your devices were crap!

    Pre owners on Sprint got screwed as well. Better form, more power, improved slider.

    Don't know what to think about this and now I totally regretting buying 2 Pixi's through Sprint last month.
    Sprint has a 30 day return policy. Take them back. (Actually, I'm going to discuss that with my wife this evening. she may decide a Pre is better for her).
  12. #132  
    Yeah, never gonna happen, like when people plunked down 550 bucks for the 1st iphone, than a year later Apple came out with a much better phone for 200 dollars.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sprint has a 30 day return policy. Take them back. (Actually, I'm going to discuss that with my wife this evening. she may decide a Pre is better for her).
    I'm about 40 days out and the wife is 45, so no dice here.

    I would be interested in the Pre Plus when it comes out on Sprint though, it sounds like the issues have been fixed with the build quality.
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sprint has a 30 day return policy. Take them back. (Actually, I'm going to discuss that with my wife this evening. she may decide a Pre is better for her).
    i may return my pixi if it doesn't sell or trade for the hero. im going android.
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sprint has a 30 day return policy. Take them back. (Actually, I'm going to discuss that with my wife this evening. she may decide a Pre is better for her).
    Might be worth mentioning O2 have the same deal with all there phones so if anyone got a Pre in the last 30 days and isnt happy call them, but its prob gonna be a while before the Pre Plus is released in the UK.
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    It wasn't a complaint. It was a question. Hence, the question mark.
    Two points...
    1. And I asked a question as well
    2. C'mon, it's a complaints thread, not a questions thread. We both screwed up.
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i may return my pixi if it doesn't sell or trade for the hero. im going android.
    And here is our first I'm getting another phone post. Time is 4:36PM.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Two points...
    1. And I asked a question as well
    2. C'mon, it's a complaints thread, not a questions thread. We both screwed up.
    Ok. I'll agree with you there.
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    ...
    Don't know what to think about this and now I totally regretting buying 2 Pixi's through Sprint last month.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    I'm about 40 days out and the wife is 45, so no dice here.

    I would be interested in the Pre Plus when it comes out on Sprint though, it sounds like the issues have been fixed with the build quality.
    To be fair, you did say last month. Last month was December, no way you could be 40 and 45 days out.

    However, your Pixi will continue to work at least as well as it did, probably better. And you'll be eligible for upgrades in November. I suspect by then we'll see something better than what was announced today.
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    And here is our first I'm getting another phone post. Time is 4:36PM.
    That was a long 2 hours.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions