Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by teiresias View Post
    This is VERY disappointing. Not for the mere fact that the Plus has more RAM, but that I get the impression they're just going to rely on the increase in RAM to "fix" the general stuttering of the OS rather than clean up and streamline it in code - meaning the OS will never get any faster or better on the original device.
    I disagree. My Pre got faster with the 1.1 and 1.3.5 updates and the Pixi lacks the increased RAM of its older sibling. So I'd say that Palm is working on speeding up the OS as well. Of course hardware is always getting faster, so there is a definite danger that Palm will fall into the Microsoft trap of putting out ever more bloating code and relying on faster hardware to hide it.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Sprint Pixi and Pre owners got a thorough colon cleansing.

can it get any worse?
    Yes. Sprint users still have the old Pre and Pixis in June will ATT customers finally get the new and improved Pre and Pixi Plus.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Try being a UK o2 pre user.
    Try also Movistar Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Try being a UK o2 pre user.
    oh... ya... you guys got taken out for a one-night stand and made to walk home.
    Live free or DIE!
    It feels great being a guinea pig for Palm via Sprint, thanks guys!
    and we got a tatto of palm on our unmentionables that we cant get rid of now. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    My single complaint: I bought Tetris Mania and now EA is trying to sell me the real Tetris for $7?!
    No one tell him about the free Tetris Crisis Homebrew app.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    LOL @ the angst here over a phone that they have no idea if its actually faster. If they released it for Sprint we would have 100 posts saying how they are screwing existing owners by making them buy a new phone.

Seriously guys, your phone is still being improved. You have to expect Palm will release new hardware occasionally and it will be better. Stop being ANGRY and be happy Palm is making some decisions that will likely keep them in business long enough to make even better phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    LOL @ the angst here over a phone that they have no idea if its actually faster. If they released it for Sprint we would have 100 posts saying how they are screwing existing owners by making them buy a new phone.

Seriously guys, your phone is still being improved. You have to expect Palm will release new hardware occasionally and it will be better. Stop being ANGRY and be happy Palm is making some decisions that will likely keep them in business long enough to make even better phones.
    What you're missing is that most companies will wait 6-12 months to drop bombs like this.

Pixi owners (like myself) have barely had the phone for 1-2 months.
    ugh! my ***** hurts even more now!!!!
    The trouble with being on the bleeding edge of technology is that sometimes you get cut.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    What you're missing is that most companies will wait 6-12 months to drop bombs like this.

Pixi owners (like myself) have barely had the phone for 1-2 months.
    I'm sorry but that is the way tech works today. Go ask Apple. Look, I'm feeling good b/c I stuck with ATT instead of jumping to Sprint and in June I'm going to get the Pre Plus.

I'm sure Sprint will also get the Pluses.
    Engadget says the Pre Plus has a better keyboard too.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Engadget says the Pre Plus has a better keyboard too.
    It also looks like the top row of keys aren't as close to the bottom of the top portion of the slider. Glad to see the improvements. I guess Palm got tired of all of the Oreo complaints.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I guess Palm picked up way more from Apple then just Jon Rubinstein. Its been 6 months since the launch of the Pre. A bump in the Pre hardware and exclusive to a new carrier, is a slap in the face to existing owners, no matter how much you try to sugar coat it. Pixi owners got the screwing even more. Why did they even launch it on Sprint with no wifi? 2 months, 2 short months and Pixi owner's phones are terds. Not to mention that games and flash seem to a Pre only affair. Why does the Pixi even exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post
    I guess Palm picked up way more from Apple then just Jon Rubinstein. Its been 6 months since the launch of the Pre. A bump in the Pre hardware and exclusive to a new carrier, is a slap in the face to existing owners, no matter how much you try to sugar coat it. Pixi owners got the screwing even more. Why did they even launch it on Sprint with no wifi? 2 months, 2 short months and Pixi owner's phones are terds. Not to mention that games and flash seem to a Pre only affair. Why does the Pixi even exist?
    Probably for the children of Pre owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    When did they change the name of this place to PreCentral FanClub?
    When did consolodating complaints about one particular presentation suddenly turn things into "PreCentral FanClub"?

Consoldating anticipation about what CES going to bring was done with no complaint. I don't see how this is much different.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    unfortunately nobody will use this thread except to make jokes. when they come to the site to complain I'm SURE they will think their gripe is compelling enough for a thread of its own.
    Good point. And, unfortunately, you're probably correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    When did consolodating complaints about one particular presentation suddenly turn things into "PreCentral FanClub"?

Consoldating anticipation about what CES going to bring was done with no complaint. I don't see how this is much different.
    It wasn't a complaint. It was a question. Hence, the question mark.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post
    My guess is the decision as to when to release the PIXI and what features to include were controlled by Sprint. I think its been pretty much proven Sprint was the reason for no WIFI on the Pixi.