Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Im worried that they were demoing everything on Pre Plus with the 512mb ram and that is why everything is looked so smooth. But it wont be as smooth on the regular Pre. That would really tick me off!! :angry
    Who said the plus had 512mb RAM? Link?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Who said the plus had 512mb RAM? Link?
    Twitter / WebOS Internals: Confirmed in IRC that Palm ...
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    Hey, I want the new Pre too but you guys know this is business right?

Palm really needs some cash right now and Verizon has a lot of it. I bet they will update Sprint within the year. There is a lot of money tied to these exclusivity deals.
    Ya and most pre owners can upgrade in June and guess what if no new pres are out for sprint or the normal pre performs sub par compared to the plus when running apps, games guess what more people are gonna jump ship.
    512RAM = faster, smoother overall operation, better gaming and heavy apps, and no more "too many cards" message for a good while

how does that make sprint users feel?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Yeah, 16GB is double internal memory. It was not mentioned that RAM would be 512MB now, and if it was, that is an important aspect to leave out of a high profile presentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If you look at the slide, 16GB of flash memory and double internal memory are on two separate bullet points as features. Besides that, it's already been confirmed by webOS Internals that it's 512MB RAM.
    Then I stand corrected!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Does the Pre Plus run at 600Mhz by default?
    that would defiantly p*ss me off if it ran at 600mhz AND has twice the ram.

Though i can see 1.4.0 making all pre's run at that speed in a safe way
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    When did they change the name of this place to PreCentral FanClub?
    For me it was around the time when I installed webOS 1.3.5 and found that they'd fixed the app limit and made my Pre fast again.
    The 512MB RAM is nice but doesn't necessarily more performance, just more cards. Some native binary apps may take advantage of it though. I wonder if the Palm SDK limits memory allocation anyway - I'd think it would.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    that would defiantly p*ss me off if it ran at 600mhz AND has twice the ram.

Though i can see 1.4.0 making all pre's run at that speed in a safe way
    Or maybe the Pre Plus just has better quality CPU to run at full 600. In that case i will explode! double the ram and cpu!!!???
    Live free or DIE!
    i just hope they don't f*** us europeans again... i'm still waiting for 1.3.5
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    From Engadget regarding the Pre Plus:

The company has also improved the action of the slider mechanism, which is now way, way snappier, and clicks into and out of place with a confidence-stoking solidness. Palm has also changed the keyboard a bit, getting rid of the orange coloring, and revamping the action of the keys, making them far clickier (and maybe a bit more raised). The feel is closer to the Pixi, and that's a really good thing.

Hopefully they have address build quality. I am sure Verizon Wireless whipped Palm into shape. Just sucks for us Sprint folks with our Oreos.
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post

The company has also improved the action of the slider mechanism, which is now way, way snappier, and clicks into and out of place with a confidence-stoking solidness. Palm has also changed the keyboard a bit, getting rid of the orange coloring, and revamping the action of the keys, making them far clickier (and maybe a bit more raised). The feel is closer to the Pixi, and that's a really good thing.

Hopefully they have address build quality. I am sure Verizon Wireless whipped Palm into shape. Just sucks for us Sprint folks with our Oreos.
    ugh! my ***** hurts even more now!!!!
    Live free or DIE!
    Or maybe the Pre Plus just has better quality CPU to run at full 600. In that case i will explode! double the ram and cpu!!!???
    Quote Originally Posted by weizen View Post
    i just hope they don't f*** us europeans again... i'm still waiting for 1.3.5

Ok now Im angry.. really really really really really angry. Only thing that will calm me down is that if palm let you have pre plus trade in.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    No worries Sprint customers... I'd wager money we get a new and even better device in June.
    June? But I'm jealous now!
    Pixi owners on Sprint got totally and utterly screwed. No flash, no games. Wifi on Verizon Pixi. Thanks a lot Palm! I'm so glad to have be faithful to you for 6 years when everyone said your devices were crap!

Pre owners on Sprint got screwed as well. Better form, more power, improved slider.

Don't know what to think about this and now I totally regretting buying 2 Pixi's through Sprint last month.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    If Sprint gets these its gonna be a customer service nightmare for them.

Honestly, Sprint could just do a "Pay to upgrade" trade out for a Pre Plus (like 75 to 100 to upgrade). And sell the Pre's they get returned as Refurbs on their website for like 50 bucks.

Don't worry. I'm sure June will fix that for us.
    Sprint Pixi and Pre owners got a thorough colon cleansing.

can it get any worse?
    Live free or DIE!
    Sprint Pixi and Pre owners got a thorough colon cleansing.

can it get any worse?
    Try being a UK o2 pre user.