Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    No worries Sprint customers... I'd wager money we get a new and even better device in June.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Its confirmed by webos guys 512mb of ram
    This is VERY disappointing. Not for the mere fact that the Plus has more RAM, but that I get the impression they're just going to rely on the increase in RAM to "fix" the general stuttering of the OS rather than clean up and streamline it in code - meaning the OS will never get any faster or better on the original device.

The original Pre, as far as I know, has the same hardware as the iPhone at this point, but the iPhone OS is far more responsive than my Pre has ever been. They really need to work on getting the code tighter, and I'm afraid this just means they're not going to do that.
    Complaint: Was hoping for more TS devices. Something for the car. Something new for the home that would support 2 phones at one time.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teiresias View Post
    This is VERY disappointing. Not for the mere fact that the Plus has more RAM, but that I get the impression they're just going to rely on the increase in RAM to "fix" the general stuttering of the OS rather than clean up and streamline it in code - meaning the OS will never get any faster or better on the original device.

The original Pre, as far as I know, has the same hardware as the iPhone at this point, but the iPhone OS is far more responsive than my Pre has ever been. They really need to work on getting the code tighter, and I'm afraid this just means they're not going to do that.
    I have the same feeling all the demo's where run on a pre plus with tons of cards open running great. Come Feb we will find out if the pre will run just as good.
    Hmmm, Didnt mind more flash, but double ram just kills it for current Pre Users. Better get a GSM Pre Plus out ASAP.

Now, the tier for WebOS Devices goes like this (Powerful> Less Powerful);

1. Palm Pre Plus
    2. Palm Pre
    3. Palm Pixi Plus
    4. Palm Pixi

- Wheres BT File Transfer!
    - I just hope the UI utlizes the GPU soon.
    The Official Palm Blog

Palm unveils new phones, new carriers, developer programs, and video capabilities at CES
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Us Sprint users are guinea pigs. My *** hurts!!! VZ gets the better Pre??!!!

And I wanted a periwinkle colored Pre!
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I guess at least we'll have a good headstart on WebOs.....For what that's worth.
    My single complaint: I bought Tetris Mania and now EA is trying to sell me the real Tetris for $7?!
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Palm @ CES 2010 = too little too late

All they announced had been promised since day ONE...we're just getting them now, well, in February...almost 8 months later.

Big ups for the games, however, gotta give credit where it's worth.
    Personally, games are not a big factor for me. With Pre Plus being exclusive for Verizon, I must say: Goodbye Sprint.
    Hey, I want the new Pre too but you guys know this is business right?

Palm really needs some cash right now and Verizon has a lot of it. I bet they will update Sprint within the year. There is a lot of money tied to these exclusivity deals.
    We europeans are second (or third) class for palm, oh well, there's a new french carrier, woooow!!!

We still dont have 1.3.5

3D games in USA TODAY

There's a whole world to conquer ouside the states and acting like this won't help. Should I tell my friends "This is a great phone if you live in USA, but not quite here???"
    Im worried that they were demoing everything on Pre Plus with the 512mb ram and that is why everything is looked so smooth. But it wont be as smooth on the regular Pre. That would really tick me off!! :angry
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Europe is probably suing Palm for releasing a browser with their phone like Windows..
    Quote Originally Posted by leroove View Post

All they announced had been promised since day ONE...we're just getting them now, well, in February...almost 8 months later.
    Promised since day one by whom? The voices in your head? Palm never promised a few of those things at all, less on day ONE.

And the Pre Plus does not have more Ram. ITo quote Rubinstein, "So as you can see, we've been hard at work building new products. In fact today, we're announcing two new products. First, the Pre Plus. We've removed the navigation button, doubled the internal memory, 16GB of flash memory."

He doesn't say Ram, he says internal memory, 16gm of flash memory. Some of you are bad readers.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Im worried that they were demoing everything on Pre Plus with the 512mb ram and that is why everything is looked so smooth. But it wont be as smooth on the regular Pre. That would really tick me off!! :angry
    You should probably wait to see until you get 'angry' shouldn't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroove View Post

Big ups for the games, however, gotta give credit where it's worth.
    Personally, games are not a big factor for me. With Pre Plus being exclusive for Verizon, I must say: Goodbye Sprint.
    Complaint: I would like to complain because all of the complainers are not using this thread and starting their own threads.

What did you expect LOL
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Does the Pre Plus run at 600Mhz by default?
    Live free or DIE!
    Maybe we should take a poll, precentralfanboy or precentralcryingtowl lol
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    He doesn't say Ram, he says internal memory, 16gm of flash memory. Some of you are bad readers.
    If you look at the slide, 16GB of flash memory and double internal memory are on two separate bullet points as features. Besides that, it's already been confirmed by webOS Internals that it's 512MB RAM.