Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    I charge my phone at night and take off the charger before I go to sleep.

    I don't have any apps running. My e-mail is set to check manually and bluetooth is on. My pre is only a month or so old.

    When I get up the next am, about 7 hours later, the pre is down to 85%.

    Why should there be a 15% drop in 7 hours of idle time?

    Any ideas?
  2. #2  
    You need to look at your pre as more of a mini-computer and less as a phone.
  3. #3  
    mine only loses about 5-10 max if i leave it off the charger all night. Then again i don't have bluetooth on or wifi.
  4.    #4  
    If the standby time is 300 hours and I am keeping it idle for only 7 hours, then the battery should not be draining so much. It should only drain about 2, 3 or 4%, not 15%.

    any ideas?
  5. #5  
    Bluetooth, weak cell signal, wi-fi, or anything else running in the back ground. Why do you take it off the charger at night out of curiousity?

    Is there a shortened out of curiosity? There should be!

    Why do you take it off the charger at night OOC?
  6.    #6  
    even if i turn BT off, it does not change the battery life. Signal strength is good...usually 3 or 4 bars and wi-fi not on.

    I take it off the charger because i thought it is best to not leave the battery in the charger overnight. Sprint told me not to leave phone in charger too.
  7. #7  
    Use the Battery Monitor application in Preware to occasionally track battery discharge percentage per hour (I have a screen shot somewhere; I will seek to upload). Typical "Idle/Overnight" usage is just above 2% per hour (2.01%-2.15%). Fully charged and with light usage it creeps up to just above 3% per hour drain during the course of the day; this is fairly consistent with 30-36 hours on a single battery charge. If known to be away from a charger for an extended period I will bring a spare fully charged battery with me.

    edit: I doctored my Pre recently and forgot to move my "Battery Monitor" screenshot
    settings: brightness 1-10%, GPS off, Wifi off, Bluetooth off, three EAS email accounts set to receive as arrived
    Last edited by scott healey; 01/07/2010 at 06:39 PM.
  8.    #8  
    i don't understand. I barely can get through a day. I don't use the phone that much. I talk for maybe 1 hour. Check e-mails a few times a day, check online once in a while. Not much and maybe some texting.

    Are there some settings i am missing? right now the phone has been off the charger since 8, so about 4 1/2 hours and I am down to 77%. I was on the phone for 10 minutes, checked the weather and stocks and sent a few texts.

    There is no way this battery will ever last a full day.
  9. #9  
    I use about .75 per hour at idle (wifi on, bt off, gps off), but I am also running SR 500 patch too.
  10.    #10  
    that is much better that me. I am using 3.5 - 4% an hour for no good reason.

    GPS is not on...the programs have to ask permission to use it.
  11. #11  
    i use my pre as a phone. still at school so i dont get chance to use internet, and besides data usage isnt part of my price plan. i have that, WiFi, bluetooth and GPS turned off and my pre went from 100% in the morning to 89% at 11.30 that night, which compared to other battery lifes i think is amazing! im going through around 40 texts a day as well, so its not as if its on standby all day. so far the longest it has gone without charging is 9 days!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by corbey94 View Post
    i use my pre as a phone. still at school so i dont get chance to use internet, and besides data usage isnt part of my price plan. i have that, WiFi, bluetooth and GPS turned off and my pre went from 100% in the morning to 89% at 11.30 that night, which compared to other battery lifes i think is amazing! im going through around 40 texts a day as well, so its not as if its on standby all day. so far the longest it has gone without charging is 9 days!
    9 days??? there is no way
    This signature for rent
  13. #13  
    that's the max I've pushed it to, general use obvs not, music playing and stuff limits it but it has much better power management than my nokia 5800 and that had a higher capacity battery! I know it wouldn't last if I had data on because using wifi alone will drain it in a day, but as a phone its quite amazing.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by corbey94 View Post
    that's the max I've pushed it to, general use obvs not, music playing and stuff limits it but it has much better power management than my nokia 5800 and that had a higher capacity battery! I know it wouldn't last if I had data on because using wifi alone will drain it in a day, but as a phone its quite amazing.
    Did you actually not charge the phone for 9 days or are you just extrapolating assuming an average based on one day's use?

    If you're extrapolating, that won't work because battery drain isn't linear. Under identical conditions, a battery may go from 100% to 80% in 8 hours, 80% to 60% in 6 hours, 60% to 40% in 3.5 hours, etc.
  15. #15  
    I got the phone but didn't have a sim card that worked and it was 10 days until I got the new sim (gsm pre) and it was on about 5% battery on the 9th day so yes actual use. If I use music player and do some web browsing on wifi its on around 70% at the end of the day.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by corbey94 View Post
    I got the phone but didn't have a sim card that worked and it was 10 days until I got the new sim (gsm pre) and it was on about 5% battery on the 9th day so yes actual use. If I use music player and do some web browsing on wifi its on around 70% at the end of the day.
    If there's no sim card, there's no cellular service right?

    If that's the case, that's not actual standby use as standby time is defined by the amount of time the battery lasts while the phone is turned on with an active radio.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanesq View Post
    I charge my phone at night and take off the charger before I go to sleep.

    I don't have any apps running. My e-mail is set to check manually and bluetooth is on. My pre is only a month or so old.

    When I get up the next am, about 7 hours later, the pre is down to 85%.

    Why should there be a 15% drop in 7 hours of idle time?

    Any ideas?
    something is definitely running, auto backup, etc.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanesq View Post
    that is much better that me. I am using 3.5 - 4% an hour for no good reason.

    GPS is not on...the programs have to ask permission to use it.
    Even if you are using 4% per hour, thats at least 20 hours of use.. so howcome you say you can't make it through the day?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    If there's no sim card, there's no cellular service right?

    If that's the case, that's not actual standby use as standby time is defined by the amount of time the battery lasts while the phone is turned on with an active radio.
    ahhh. I suppose not then :L

Posting Permissions