Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I was wondering who many did update to 1.3.5.1, lately since yesterday I've been getting these notifications letting me know that there's an update avail and that it's going to update on the next charge. Can I avoid this? Im happy with the 1.3.5 update and dont see the reason to update my phone but of course your always recommended to have your phone up to the latest software update. So who has and who hasnt??
    Yes

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    I haven't made the jump yet, and probably won't unless forced too.
    It's going to update automatically if you don't. Also I would because if you try and skip this update and another one comes out I'm not sure what is going to happen.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    i updated because i use exchange. There doesnt seem to be a reason to be scared of this update...just do it!
    Give searching (or even just scrolling down to look at other threads) a try - many posts already aswered the question.

Bottom line, you don't have a choice, it will update you eventually like it or not.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    I updated. It's a minor calendar update.
    well, you sorta DO have a choice.. but it requires having access to the linux in the phone, and the ability to send a few codes..

I turned it off for now, so Im skipping this one.. I'll do the next
    i updated mine, i use exchange at work
    There is no reason not to update your phone. This update is so small that it literally took me 5 minutes to download and install. Just to be safe, uninstall themes before updating; Patches should be fine. Besides, you will have to update anyway. The update will be forced to your phone the next time you put it on the charger. There is a way to stop automatic updates, but it doesn't make sense to do this for this one.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    yes.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Quick and easy update, I did not remove any of my patches (no calendar patches).
    nope I'm still on 1.2.1 because of the wifi tethering
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    There is no reason not to update your phone. This update is so small that it literally took me 5 minutes to download and install. Just to be safe, uninstall themes before updating; Patches should be fine. Besides, you will have to update anyway. The update will be forced to your phone the next time you put it on the charger. There is a way to stop automatic updates, but it doesn't make sense to do this for this one.
    I've charged mine for 2 nights now and it hasn't downloaded or installed yet. Still have the message on Updates that it's available.

I'm putting it off for as long as possible....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina26 View Post
    nope I'm still on 1.2.1 because of the wifi tethering
    You do know that MyTether 2.0.4 supports WiFi tethering?
    I haven't updated yet. I don't need my work calendar on my Pre. That's what my lame (but functional) blackberry is for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    There is no reason not to update your phone. .
    Except for those who intend to add tweaks..
    Every update we have to remove tweaks nstall update and then reinstall tweaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Except for those who intend to add tweaks..
    Every update we have to remove tweaks nstall update and then reinstall tweaks.
    You do not need to remove tweaks to update to 1.3.5.1 from 1.3.5. Just remove tweaks related to the calender just in case. I have a heavily modified Pre and had no issue. There are a few threads here that talk about this issue. Most people didnt bother removing tweaks and patches. Do remove a theme tho, just in case lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Give searching (or even just scrolling down to look at other threads) a try - many posts already aswered the question.

Bottom line, you don't have a choice, it will update you eventually like it or not.
    Unless you kill the update service and prevent it from running again (you can search for that here too) That's one of the things I love about this phone. It's easy to see how it does things, and straightforward to change things you don't like about it. Let's hope they keep it that way.