1.    #1  
    I bought this Palm Pre GSM in Germany O2. My Friend bring it from Germany.

After I used it, I found a problem that on the left-down side back of the pre is very hot when I use the Pre. The exact position get hotter is below the battery and on left side. definitely the battery is going very fast. I just upgade my WebOS to 1.3.1. But the problem still there.

Could anybody help me to find out what's the problem and give me any suggestion? Now I cannot even use it, cz I'm afraid of the heat generate at the back.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    yes iv noticed that too the first time i used my German Palm Pre ..
    but after nearly a week the heat gone and im using it now for about 3 months with no heat problems ... you will also notice a bright spots on screen caused by heat and clouding when looking at your pre with diferent angel!
    Try monitoring the 3G signal strength.
    My Pre gets hot (and drains battery) when there is a weak 3G signal while using it online. You might try to switch to 2G only for a while to see how that affects excess heat.
    I think this was on their agenda for 1.3.5 but can't tell if it is fixed as I am waiting for the official update.
  4.    #4  
    Unfortunately, I already used it for around 2 weeks, still generate heat at the back, the battery only used for several hours. All other function like Wifi, Phone, Bluetooth is normal. but when I use Wifi, it will got heater and heater. Hope someone can help me to address this problem.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    trying another Battery may solve the problem, If not try to exchange(Replace) your Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    mybe somthing draining battery so fast and made that heat, I suggest also to install an application called "Battery Monitor" to monitor the Battery drain rate.
    or try webdoctor your palm Pre from scratch, maybe somthing wronge goes with your last update.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Do not doctor your Pre and do not buy a new battery. The Pre gets hot in the area you describe every now and then. It's not consistently hot and as SensorMan suggests, poor signal may be the cause.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
  8.    #8  
    Thanks man.
    I already try to switch only 2G or just use ariplane mode. It still hot and seems consistently(start hot when turn it on). I really donot know why? Is it Im not using it in O2 network? Now Im in Philippines.
    I really donot know why. The only hope now is waitting fot 1.3.5 offically or replace the whole pre.....so sad...
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I'm grasping at straws here but do you have Bluetooth, wireless and GPS enabled constantly? Try turning one or all of them off.

The chip that's located in that area is the AVAG0 FEM-7788.
    Last edited by laze; 01/11/2010 at 07:52 AM.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
  10.    #10  
    Yes. The heat area is below the area and left side. Itsnot battery actually. I really donot why. I also turn WiFI,Bluetooth and GPS off. Still hot.