Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    So this has happened to me 3 or 4 times now since the 1.3.5 upgrade.

I charge the battery all night. I take it to work in the morning and i get a message saying my battery is too low and it says that the phone will shut off immedietly. The battery indicator at the top right is showing red.

And im thinking *** is this. I leave the phone alone for a little while. After a couple of meetings i check my phone again and it shows 96% charge.

So it seems like a false "low battery" message. Not sure what to do about this. Doesnt really affect my battery life so its no big deal. But just wanted to share this with the rest of the community.
    How do you determine this is a bug and not something you have done on your end. Have you added and battery monitor type mods, tweaks?
    Quote Originally Posted by donjt81 View Post
    So this has happened to me 3 or 4 times now since the 1.3.5 upgrade.

I charge the battery all night. I take it to work in the morning and i get a message saying my battery is too low and it says that the phone will shut off immedietly. The battery indicator at the top right is showing red.

And im thinking *** is this. I leave the phone alone for a little while. After a couple of meetings i check my phone again and it shows 96% charge.

So it seems like a false "low battery" message. Not sure what to do about this. Doesnt really affect my battery life so its no big deal. But just wanted to share this with the rest of the community.
    I have seen this behavior as well. Have you given Palm your feedback?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    I haven't experienced this at all. Nor seen any other mention of this. I'm thinking a bad contact with the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I haven't experienced this at all. Nor seen any other mention of this. I'm thinking a bad contact with the battery.
    +1
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Your battery may be bad. These batteries have a chip in them that tell you how much life is left and it is possible the chip went bad.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    This happened to me few days ago I pulled my phone of the TS to take a call and after the call which was maybe 5 mins the phone gives me the low battery alert @ 10%. I hit the button to close the alert and not 10 seconds later the battery went back to 98%.

I though it was just a fluke with the phone but maybe not now that others are having the same thing happen.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Happened to me yesterday. Said zero percent left, ran to the charger and it still had 86%, but this was with 1.3.5.1.
    I've not seen this behavior and I'm running 1.3.5.1 and it stays on the stone all night, every night. Possibly a bug?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I have experienced this as well using both a mugen 1400 and palm stock battery

there is also another thread where people are reporting the same post 1.3.5

I had cleaned and ensured contacts as well still has happened.

I believe there is reason to think it may be 1.3.5 related.

make sure you send a note to palm.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I had this happen once a few days ago, but it seems fine now. I have tried another battery also but didn't notice anything.
    hmm, my fiancee had this issue too the other day about battery level too low, i told her it was odd but to reboot the phone. she too had like over 80% but got that message too.

it must be an issue she hasn't updated to 1.3.5.1 yet but i have.
    My wife had this issue last week. Battery warning came up but in the corner and under the device menu it was showing 76%. Restarted it and it went away. I have not seen it since.
    I too have noticed something strange for the battery life remaining, which only happened recently after upgrading. I restarted the Pre, and I don't think it has happened again.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    How do you determine this is a bug and not something you have done on your end. Have you added and battery monitor type mods, tweaks?
    because the only thing i did was install 1.3.5 and then 1.3.5.1. I have no other patches, still using the stock battery. basically I havent done anything to the phone other than the Palm software updates.

Atleast this is an issue other people are having as well so good to know its not just me. I will contact Palm
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    this happened to me one time since 1.3.5.1 installed
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    There's a lot of discussion going on about this in a couple of other threads (search for "1.3.5 battery life"). For me and some other people, we're seeing battery drain rates of 15%-20% per hour. It seems to be related to wifi. It does not seem to be related to patches, apps, broken hardware, etc. I think Palm is aware of it and looking into the issue.

[edit] I should say this is clearly happening to only a few people. It seems for the majority of people battery has improved dramtically. That only makes it all the more frustrating for those of us experiencing this problem.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Last night, happened to me. Phone buzzes in my pocket... and it says Low Battery. And the meter is red. I'm thinking "No way...", then like 3 seconds later it just fixes itself. This is definitely happening to a lot of people looks like. I'm on 1.3.5.1 and have never experienced the behavior before that.
    This has happened to me a few times since the 1.3.5 upgrade using a 2600 battery. What was strange is it did it and then when the battery hit 50% the phone shut down completely as the battery appeared to be dead. So I recharged it fully and havent had a problem since.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    It has happened to me two or three times over the last week.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast