Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    After the 1.3.5 update, I tried to download some apps. One of them froze before it even started to download. Now when I load the "App Catalog" and go into "My Applications," it shows an emty icon (square) with no app name at the top of the list that still has the pause icon on the right side. When I try to click (touch) the pause icon, nothung happens and it won't pause, so I cannot delete it. You can only delete paused downloads in the menu. Even when i try to "Pause All Downloads," it still doesn't pause. It has been like this for days. I have restarted my phone and tried taking out the battery. Nothing seems to help. Nothing shows up for it in my apps on the phone, so there is nothing to delete there either. When I try to click on that frozen app download attemp (at the top of the "My Applications" list in the App Catalog, it just goes to a screen that shows the Palm shopping bag and says, "This is not a valid webOS application." As a result of this problem, I can't download anymore apps or app updates. I can try to, but they just never download. i have to pause them and delete the paused download. However, the 1.3.5.1 update DID work. It didn't help this issue at all though. Any thoughts??? Anyone have the same issue.

Btw, I have no mods, patches, or hacks done on my Pre. It's totally stock.
    The only thing I can say is that I just had to Doctor my wife's day old Pixi as it would not download from the App Catalog after updating to 1.3.5.1. I had done nothing homebrew wise to her phone yet. Palm support told me I had to Doctor the phone to fix it. You may be in a different boat entirely but my guess is you need a visit to the Doctor. Or to an online chat with Palm Support.
    WebOS internals has an Emergency Migration Tool that has fixed the problem you describe for many other people.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I'm not getting a white screen. It just gives an exclamation point in a yellow triangle when the update fails. Nothing happens when I click on th icon from the launcher page which has the yellow warning sign next to it since I tried updating. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Actually under launcher when I go to the list off apps, Card ace is not listed, put I still have the icon on the launcher page, weird! But also, it may not be a card ace prob, I tried updating accu weather and it failed and I am having the same issue as with card ace. I was having the problem before I downloaded1.3.5.1. I figured updating to 1.3.5.1 , would solve the problem, but it didn't. It maybe something screwy going on with app catalog, I dunno. I wil try updating other apps to see what happens.

I updated the package manager, and ran the migration tool which was suggested on another thread. Nothing helps. I hope to find a cure soon cause I LOVE CARD ACE!!!!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    WebOS internals has an Emergency Migration Tool that has fixed the problem you describe for many other people.
    Where do I find this tool?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    No solution to this yet? I am having the same EXACT problem so its not an isolated case..
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I just tried the Emergency Migration Tool found in Preware, waited 30 min. and STILL nothing. I have the same problem as the OP. Please can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I think I need to reiterate that I have no (and never have had) patches, hacks, tweaks, WebOS Quick Install, or Preware, but I am having this problem as detailed above. The emergency Migration Tool is a part of Preware from what I understand, and the only fixes I have read this help are for Pre's w/ Preware having similar issues. Also, I'm NOT getting the "install failed" or "restart required" like so many others are. I just can't download any apps from the catalog. They just never start to download and that first one that started it all is blank and won't let me pause it so I can then delete it.

chichi, It sounds like your scenario differs in that you have Preware.

Anyone have any help/advice? I have apps paid for that I can't even download...
    Last edited by snafu2dj; 01/07/2010 at 04:02 PM.
    the best part, is that it charges you before the install fails. me too!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    the best part, is that it charges you before the install fails. me too!
    True!!! LOL

I figured I'd add some screen captures so you can see what I'm seeing if it'll help any...

This is what my App Catalog looks like. It never even got enough of the app for the name to be there. Before I tried to download this app, I had already downloaded about 5 others in the minutes before this one. This is the one that froze and is stuck trying to download for the past 2 weeks since. (Please refer to first post for more detail and what I've tried) I can't download anything from the catalog now or any updates, AND I can't pause and/or delete this top one either. This is what it looks like when there are available updates for apps I already have....

Here's what happens when I try to have them install (after I've paused them for not downloading). And then I can go to the upper left menu to delete all paused in which it reverts to the above screen...

And here is what happens when I try to click on the frozen/stuck app at the top of the list...

I hope this added detail helps...
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    No help??? Even with the added details?
    hmmm...I remember getting that error when updating a couple of apps a few days ago. I had to delete the apps and download/install again. But since you are trying the initial install, that's no help. Question: Have you upgraded to 1.3.5.1 Okay, i just read the entire first post. I guess you are at 1351. Run the Doctor. it's not that bad.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snafu2dj View Post
    I think I need to reiterate that I have no (and never have had) patches, hacks, tweaks, WebOS Quick Install, or Preware, but I am having this problem as detailed above. The emergency Migration Tool is a part of Preware from what I understand, and the only fixes I have read this help are for Pre's w/ Preware having similar issues. Also, I'm NOT getting the "install failed" or "restart required" like so many others are. I just can't download any apps from the catalog. They just never start to download and that first one that started it all is blank and won't let me pause it so I can then delete it.

chichi, It sounds like your scenario differs in that you have Preware.

Anyone have any help/advice? I have apps paid for that I can't even download...
    No my friend we have the same EXACT problem! and the screen captures you posted are the EXACT same! all i need is the solution (not seeing the dr) I do not want to DR my phone by no means! Yes I have preware and patches but the point remains we are having the exact same issue. I was goint to start a thread but searched first (since everyone gripes) and found this. so Please if anyone has a solution Id be more than willing to try it and post results! I tried migration tool helper since i have preware but that is not the solution as the OP said he has a stock pre and is having the same issue! so I know its not that
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    No my friend we have the same EXACT problem! and the screen captures you posted are the EXACT same! all i need is the solution (not seeing the dr) I do not want to DR my phone by no means! Yes I have preware and patches but the point remains we are having the exact same issue. I was goint to start a thread but searched first (since everyone gripes) and found this. so Please if anyone has a solution Id be more than willing to try it and post results! I tried migration tool helper since i have preware but that is not the solution as the OP said he has a stock pre and is having the same issue! so I know its not that
    Did you try a partial erase yet? I guess that deletes all apps and related files, but leaves the USB files alone, which aren't affected with our issue. I may give that a try tonight if I haven't heard anything else yet...
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    From HardBeatZ:

Private Message: Re: Would like a Palm Support Opinion
    01/08/2010, 01:18 PM
    HardBeatZ

Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts Re: Would like a Palm Support Opinion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I will tell you this..Here is the order of troubleshooting steps

1. Restart
    2. Partial Erase
    3. Full Erase
    4. WebOS doctor

If you have gone through the first three than the doctor is all that is left.
    Last edited by snafu2dj; 01/08/2010 at 02:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I am trying a Partial Erase as we speak, and i will update this post with my results when it is done and I have restored my Palm Profile and other accounts (Google, Facebook, Yahoo, etc.)...
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I am trying a Partial Erase as we speak, and i will update this post with my results when it is done and I have restored my Palm Profile and other accounts (Google, Facebook, Yahoo, etc.)...
    Please do because I am following this thread almost religously. I have never had to do a partial erase so what is it that you lose exactly? But none the less please tell me how it works out and the steps you did to do so. I am going to do a back up now just to be safe.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    WHOOT!!! WHOOT!!! It worked! Partial Erase is the way to go to fix this issue.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    WHOOT!!! WHOOT!!! It worked! Partial Erase is the way to go to fix this issue.
    Ok so what do you loose when you do a partial erase? contacts? bookmarks? apps? hombrew? what?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    Ok so what do you loose when you do a partial erase? contacts? bookmarks? apps? hombrew? what?
    Everything except for whatever is on your USB drive. There is info all over this site about what is lost with each type of reset. Even if you go to do a reset of any type on the phone, it telss you what you lose before you do it. See link below...

http://www.precentral.net/how-to-res...en-bricked-pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast