Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snafu2dj View Post
    Everything except for whatever is on your USB drive. There is info all over this site about what is lost with each type of reset. Even if you go to do a reset of any type on the phone, it telss you what you lose before you do it. See link below...

http://www.precentral.net/how-to-res...en-bricked-pre
    Thanks a lot, but linked contacts gets messed up? thats a no go as thats one of the major things I wanted to KEEP! it took me many days to get my contacts linked all nice and neatly as they are now and still have some I find occasionally that need to be done. If there is a way to keep that im down. Untill I need to download an app catalog app im just going to have to deal w/ the problem and not update my current apps..
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I hate erasing all my patches, themes and custom setting every time theres a problem.
    Does a partial erase hose all my patches and themes? or do I have to remove that stuff as well?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    Thanks a lot, but linked contacts gets messed up? thats a no go as thats one of the major things I wanted to KEEP! it took me many days to get my contacts linked all nice and neatly as they are now and still have some I find occasionally that need to be done. If there is a way to keep that im down. Untill I need to download an app catalog app im just going to have to deal w/ the problem and not update my current apps..
    chichi, I suggest that you go in and make sure that all of your info is the same between your linked contacts now before you do a partial erase. As long as the one of the phone numbers or the name spelling (first and last) matches EXACTLY, the Pre will automatically link those contacts. I have had a few between my phone and Facebook that didn't link on their own because of minor discrepancies (such as the person not having a phone number on their FB account and the first name was spelled Steve on my Pre versus Steven on their FB account). Or let's say you have someone as a Google contact as John Brown (for example) and just have 1 phone # (work #) and his email. In your Palm profile, you have the same John listed as John B with his cell #. The Pre will not link them automatically bc none of the info coincides (I'm glad this is the case or else I would have contacts linked that are NOT the same person).. If at least one of the phone #'s was exactly the same or the name was exactly the same, then it would have done it for you. Also I would strongy suggest that you back up your Palm profile contacts via another method other than relying on Palm. Try moving all of them to your Google account (search my posts and see how I did just that very easily) or search on here for other methods. When I had to switch Pre's bc my earlier one had broke, I had over 1000 contacts in my Palm profile. When I went to sign in to my profile on my new Pre, only 24 contacts synced back over. Thank God I stayed at the store while I did that, bc I still had access to my old Pre with all of my contacts, and after that, moved them to Google, where I keep them at now.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wireguy View Post
    I hate erasing all my patches, themes and custom setting every time theres a problem.
    Does a partial erase hose all my patches and themes? or do I have to remove that stuff as well?
    I'm actually curious about the same thing. I personally think it would just be easier to do a partial erase to remove themes, patches, and problems.

If anyone could shed some light on this, please let us know. Or... Is it necessary to first remove patches and themes before doing a partial erase???
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    The partial erase worked for me and i was having the same issue..
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    But Did you have to remove patches before the partial erase?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snafu2dj View Post
    chichi, I suggest that you go in and make sure that all of your info is the same between your linked contacts now before you do a partial erase. As long as the one of the phone numbers or the name spelling (first and last) matches EXACTLY, the Pre will automatically link those contacts. I have had a few between my phone and Facebook that didn't link on their own because of minor discrepancies (such as the person not having a phone number on their FB account and the first name was spelled Steve on my Pre versus Steven on their FB account). Or let's say you have someone as a Google contact as John Brown (for example) and just have 1 phone # (work #) and his email. In your Palm profile, you have the same John listed as John B with his cell #. The Pre will not link them automatically bc none of the info coincides (I'm glad this is the case or else I would have contacts linked that are NOT the same person).. If at least one of the phone #'s was exactly the same or the name was exactly the same, then it would have done it for you. Also I would strongy suggest that you back up your Palm profile contacts via another method other than relying on Palm. Try moving all of them to your Google account (search my posts and see how I did just that very easily) or search on here for other methods. When I had to switch Pre's bc my earlier one had broke, I had over 1000 contacts in my Palm profile. When I went to sign in to my profile on my new Pre, only 24 contacts synced back over. Thank God I stayed at the store while I did that, bc I still had access to my old Pre with all of my contacts, and after that, moved them to Google, where I keep them at now.
    I searched your posts, and I am still a little lost. I couldnt fine preferences to make google the default profile but I did find them under contacts and I have mad that my default profile (actually I did this a while ago.) The part where i am confused is that in your post I found you said in order to get the contacts to match correctly you have to have a sprint tech send them over the air somehow? So basically just going to "sync now" under the contacts preference page will not work?
    I had exactly the same issue. Palm support chat told me to run WebOS Doctor.
    Based on this thread, I did the partial erase process.
    That solved my problem. All my app catalog apps redownloaded. I coped the contents of the USB Drive to my PC, so was able to restore my jVault data. I had to create a new jVault file with the same password, using the usb drive mode again, rename the new file to something different, and the original file copied back from the PC to the newly created file name. It worked. Lost my fillup date in the fuel app.

There is a similar post on the formum (titled: Phantom app download in Catalog) where there was a process to delete the installed app db using putty. It makes sense, but I am not familar with putty, so did the partial erase.
    Last edited by jpwhite4914; 01/24/2010 at 01:03 AM.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpwhite4914 View Post
    There is a similar post on the formum (titled: Phantom app download in Catalog) where there was a process to delete the installed app db using putty. It makes sense, but I am not familar with putty, so did the partial erase.
    I did this, and it worked. I didn't use Putty to do it. You can download an app called Terminal from Preware. The steps are very simple. Here is the link to the other thread. http://forums.precentral.net/general...d-catalog.html
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I found the solution here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post2172944

I used the Filezilla option of using my wifi to get into my Pre to the
    /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService directory
    Then I deleted the installHistory.db
    press orange + SYM + R to reboot

The filezilla option of using wifi & ftp is here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...filezilla.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12