Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Heh, let's hope Rubenstein didn't say that.
    Just to remind you guys not to expect too much from CES so you guys don't feel dissappointment.
    That's true. I'm sure the new possibilities with SDL were one of the things Palm was excited to announce. Maybe they already ported a bunch of stuff over to the Pre? That would be pretty awesome
    I'm not getting my hopes up. I have hung on to my Pre waiting for CES. If nothing big comes out up for sale it will go and I'll stick with my Hero.
    Come on, really? With the openness of webOS Palm knows full and well that if they put it in an update it would get out. I'm sure they are holding something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Come on, really? With the openness of webOS Palm knows full and well that if they put it in an update it would get out. I'm sure they are holding something.
    I'm sure they knew Internals would get to it, and probably pass it over here, but they probably guessed the masses wouldn't find out. Which from what I can tell is true.

In all reality they'll probably announce going to Verizon and AT&T, maybe show an update to the phone, probably flash, and maybe hardware acceleration, though didn't internals discover the Pixi doesn't support it yet?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I bet they're holding on to the exciting news about the Pre Plus! The Plus HAS to mean something exciting!

Oh wait...
    though didn't internals discover the Pixi doesn't support it yet?
    Yeah, but that's exactly what makes me think they're going to announce it, either at CES or soon. They need to differentiate the 2 even more now that the new Pixi has Wifi.
    There will be nothing earth shattering there. It will just be the Verizon / ATT announcement. Some more International carriers will be announced. WebOS 1.5 or 2.0 will be previewed with native SDK, Flash, Open GL, video recording and mostly stuff we know about.

Palm can not announce any new hardware because of their current carrier situation. You can rest assured that there will be a new device in June even though they can't announce it yet for fear of killing their sales on Verizon and ATT of the Pre and Pixi.

No matter what they announce, one thing you can take to the bank is that this board will be filled with threads of people complaining and moaning. This just seems to be the type of user that the new Palm attracts. Many people around here would complain if they were hung with new rope.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    It's going to be great if palm announce something huge but to tell you the truth I'll still own my pre tomorrow morning and for the next 170ish days after that.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    With regards to finding out all the stuff hidden in the 1.3.5 update, I'm pretty sure they expected it, with the track record of the webOS Internals guys.

As for impressing people, it's not really us who are Pre-owners that they have to impress anyway. I mean, sure, there's some who are disappointed and really want something new, but the main audience is the uneducated masses who even still have no idea of some of the stuff that's already been done with webOS.

As much as I love my Pre, the media and others seem to treat webOS as old news already, and it's those people who need to be impressed. If Palm comes out of this with anywhere near the level of buzz they generated last year, that'll be huge.
    This makes total sense, they will only announce a new device if its available soon, six months away is too long unless the Verizon and ATT deals don't start till then. But then this creates a problem with Sprint, unless people buy into the Sprint network because it is cheaper than the others?

Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Palm can not announce any new hardware because of their current carrier situation. You can rest assured that there will be a new device in June even though they can't announce it yet for fear of killing their sales on Verizon and ATT of the Pre and Pixi.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    webos 2.0

a slate of apps, including NSF.
    mobile firefox
    native SDK
    video/audio recording

a prototype of Pre3 due to out in June. higher screen resolution, glass surface, micro SD slot, 4G support, front camera, autofocus

expansion of webos to ATT and Verizon.

That would do the trick for me.
    There will be nothing earth shattering there. It will just be the Verizon / ATT announcement. Some more International carriers will be announced. WebOS 1.5 or 2.0 will be previewed with native SDK, Flash, Open GL, video recording and mostly stuff we know about.

No matter what they announce, one thing you can take to the bank is that this board will be filled with threads of people complaining and moaning. This just seems to be the type of user that the new Palm attracts. Many people around here would complain if they were hung with new rope.
    It'd be pretty earth shattering if they announce a native SDK (unless your just referring to SDL).

I think your absolutely right about the complaints, though I don't think it's Palm that attracts them, I think it's a mix of WebOS and they flounder over to PreCentral to complain because they really wanted an iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    webos 2.0

a slate of apps, including NSF.
    mobile firefox
    native SDK
    video/audio recording

a prototype of Pre3 due to out in June. higher screen resolution, glass surface, micro SD slot, 4G support, front camera, autofocus

expansion of webos to ATT and Verizon.

That would do the trick for me.
    Bye then.
    What time is palm supposed to do their presentation?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    As far as I know, it's at 2:00 PM (EST)
    As long as they immediately throw some cool opengl games on the app catalog after the presentation I'll be happy.

But it's true - This forum will be on fire with disappointed cry baby's and FUD this afternoon. I'll probably avoid Precentral for a day or two because I can't take anymore whining.
    this makes too much sense...bring on the whiners!