Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I figured i should make a CES thread too, since it seems to be the thing to do. Especially today.
    So-- I know that most of us don't know what Palm has up their sleeve, but what if they called you up to the stage?
    What do you think you would say that could possibly help Palm today?
    "The people have spoken!!! They want better build quality, native sdk because the javascript method while easier is terribly limited and have scared off many developers willing to make their award winning apps for your platform, and gpu access to improve overall speed, smoothness and battery consumption.... what are your plans for such things?"

id put them on the spot on stage and force them to address the issues that people ACTUALLY WANT and no itunes BS (while still a nice thing to have)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    "The mens' room is in dire need of attention, and there's no more toilet paper..."
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    "The people have spoken!!! They want better build quality, native sdk because the javascript method while easier is terribly limited and have scared off many developers willing to make their award winning apps for your platform, and gpu access to improve overall speed, smoothness and battery consumption.... what are your plans for such things?"

id put them on the spot on stage and force them to address the issues that people ACTUALLY WANT and no itunes BS (while still a nice thing to have)
    I agree with you, but that's not the angle i was looking for.
    If you were on the stage, what do you think you could say to the audience (and the public) that would help Palm's situation?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I agree with you, but that's not the angle i was looking for.
    If you were on the stage, what do you think you could say to the audience (and the public) that would help Palm's situation?
    if i were on stage, i'd just say "yep" to mike's question. "its all done, and will be sorted by the end of this month!"
    thats what i want to hear..........but alas........
    I'd probably say, yes we are officially announcing that palm is going to file for chapter 7 bk. hahaha
    lol,

i'd like them to say, look we've made plenty of strides forward, but we want to take it another level by making our next generation a better build quiality and no longer comparing to other phones. We are going to make our next gen pre better than all other phones w/ faster processor, more memory, better mega pixel camera and video not to mention better build quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    lol,

i'd like them to say, look we've made plenty of strides forward, but we want to take it another level by making our next generation a better build quiality and no longer comparing to other phones. We are going to make our next gen pre better than all other phones w/ faster processor, more memory, better mega pixel camera and video not to mention better build quality.
    I wish they would say that, allong with it will be available on all networks on as of today. HAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    if i were on stage, i'd just say "yep" to mike's question. "its all done, and will be sorted by the end of this month!"
    thats what i want to hear..........but alas........
    that will deserve a HUGE standing ovation

but if it was me speaking then id point out that no platform has has these many updates in such little time and despite of the "development of the sdk... to not say the word crappy" WebOS itself has been an entirely solid platform off the bat and popular reviewers like Noah from Phonedog say that its the BEST mobile OS out now and its only gonna get better

And then ill announce a WVGA, AMOLED, 8MP dual flash, dual core NVIDIA TEGRA powered 1.5GHZ "Palm Devastator" to come to Sprint Q1 2010
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination

but if it was me speaking then id point out that no platform has has these many updates in such little time and despite of the "development of the sdk... to not say the word crappy" WebOS itself has been an entirely solid platform off the bat and popular reviewers like Noah from Phonedog say that its the BEST mobile OS out now and its only gonna get better

And then ill announce a WVGA, AMOLED, 8MP dual flash, dual core NVIDIA TEGRA powered 1.5GHZ "Palm Devastator" to come to Sprint Q1 2010

now that's what i'm talking about 1.5ghz and please please more ram... i would be happy with end of 2010 making this come true for the holidays..

Someone get this man a megaphone!
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    now that's what i'm talking about 1.5ghz and please please more ram... i would be happy with end of 2010 making this come true for the holidays..
    Yes that is what the masses want! Ghz and RAM!!!!
    Well if I was at the level to be able to speak at CES it would be something the would blow the lid off the hotel. "Today we would like to announce that Palm has developed a phone that will control and operate every electronic device in your life. We have gone back to our roots of PDA and now have a product for release today on all cellular, wireless and "g" systems. Any electronic product you have, cameras, dvd,TV, water heater, microwave, auto etc... can be monitored and remotely controlled by our Palm Pre-S (super) smartphone. If it plugs in, there is an app already integrated for that. Yes folks, it will even control other phones like that iPhone. Anything on the information highway can be seen and written on this device too. From this point forward we are going to be the only true multi-use device you will EVER need. For WE are the ones that put "Smart" in smartphone and we are taking back TOTAL control. We are Palm.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Well if I was at the level to be able to speak at CES it would be something the would blow the lid off the hotel. "Today we would like to announce that Palm has developed a phone that will control and operate every electronic device in your life. We have gone back to our roots of PDA and now have a product for release today on all cellular, wireless and "g" systems. Any electronic product you have, cameras, dvd,TV, water heater, microwave, auto etc... can be monitored and remotely controlled by our Palm Pre-S (super) smartphone. If it plugs in, there is an app already integrated for that. Yes folks, it will even control other phones like that iPhone. Anything on the information highway can be seen and written on this device too. From this point forward we are going to be the only true multi-use device you will EVER need. For WE are the ones that put "Smart" in smartphone and we are taking back TOTAL control. We are Palm.
    You forgot to conclude with "Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Or in one sentence, "All your base are belong to us."
    Last edited by angiest; 01/07/2010 at 09:44 AM. Reason: dumb typo
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post

I like it.
    It's 2010, this should finally be the year of the real and true 'master device', so we can stop carrying 18 different gadgets and chargers with us everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by scaryhumor View Post
    "the mens' room is in dire need of attention, and there's no more toilet paper..."

+1 :d
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post

LOL- That's funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post

Ok I'll go with that. And add that if you don't like your buddy putting it down you can just hit the "R" & "A" plus "orange" together and there device will blow up.
    "You remember the scary chick from our commercials? Well, she was really just the vanguard of our new alien overlords. You shall all become jugglers and say 'Bing Bing Bing!' in homage to your rulers--who shall arrive sometime during the first half of 2010, run Flash, and use the GPU."
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    We've finally figured out the Palm Profile/calendar/contacts thingamajigs and we've replaced the space cadet chick with Megan Fox.

PS.... everybody gets a pony.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast