Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    looks pretty slick
    Looks very nice..now if only my job hadn't moved me out of Portland I'd be rockin' some 4g right about now.
    Well the link does not appear to work for me. At least not to show the new device. For those who want to know what it is about and can't get it through the link try readign this.

Sprint Overdrive 3G / 4G router officially announced -- Engadget
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Wow... sick!
    for a CES Presentation, that was pretty lame. I'm a sprint customer and I think that at this point I will be switching I was waiting to see what new phone they will announce at CES and nothing. Every other company like Verizon/AT&T/Tmoble are getting like 5 awsome smartphones each while sprint doesn't announce one single phone. ***
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    for a CES Presentation, that was pretty lame. I'm a sprint customer and I think that at this point I will be switching I was waiting to see what new phone they will announce at CES and nothing. Every other company like Verizon/AT&T/Tmoble are getting like 5 awsome smartphones each while sprint doesn't announce one single phone. ***
    We might be getting that announcement today from Palm ;-)
    Ya but whatever palm announces I highly doubt it will be a new phone for sprint. I mean I could be wrong but I'm really disapointed. I think I will use this oportunity to cancel sprint since we can do it at no EFT this month. I have been a sprint customer for 10 years but when the competition is the strongest sprint doesn't do anything about it and they are failing/loosing customers as it is. I don't understand. Poeple care allot more about new phones then 4g at the moment since palm really has no decent smartphones besides the pre. The moment is huge and the Hero has a to small of a screen for no physical keyboard. When will we see a 3.7 inch screen with sprint. Amazing.
    my question is how far of a range does it cover? i have a rectangle 2200 sq ft single story home. will it cover all of that area? and go outside like my current router from verizon fios?

AND with out the current router can i still use my airrave?

i have too much metal in my roof and can not get reception worth a crap without it. i am a heavy phone user and can not afford bad reception and constant dropped calls.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I think I will use this oportunity to cancel sprint since we can do it at no EFT this month. I have been a sprint customer for 10 years but when the competition is the strongest sprint doesn't do anything about it and they are failing/loosing customers as it is.
    pay more somewhere else. sprint is getting better and better phones all the time. i like my pre and the price of my plan.

enjoy Verizon's customer service. prepare to be on hold for 45 min everytime you need to speak to someone
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    pay more somewhere else. sprint is getting better and better phones all the time. i like my pre and the price of my plan.

enjoy Verizon's customer service. prepare to be on hold for 45 min everytime you need to speak to someone
    Well as far as the pre is concerned. I love WebOS but the Pre is a pile of a phone. The build quality is just terrible. I have never had a phone fail as much as the pre. Now yes verizon is way more expensive but at the moment if I want any other smart phone besides the pre with sprint, I really don't have an option since both of the Android devices are crap. The Hero is not crap but has to small of a screen for no physical keyboard and did you see the moment its huge.
    It is clearly not the first mobile 3G/4G WiFi device! We already have this with the PHS-300, 350, and 1000. I have one right now sitting on my desk.

And, with the Sprint version you are locked into using that device vs. using a PHS like device with a 3G/4G USB adapter that can also be used directly connected to a laptop, etc.