1.    #1  
    Hi....

My friend just got a replacement Pixi after the first one got crushed. I had to call Sprint yesterday to activate it, and after that I typed in her Palm Profile and everything downloaded perfectly fine, all her apps and contacts were there and her email account was setup too. I then let it update to 1.3.5.1 which also worked flawlessly. Today she texts me and tells me that she can go to the app catalog, and can tell the phone to download an app, and it will say "downloading" for a split second, but then it just disappears and nothing was downloaded. She didn't have an account set up (putting the credit/debit card number in so she can buy paid apps) on her first pixi, and on 1.3.5 she was able to download apps just fine.

Any clue what's going on there? Who should I call about this, Palm or Sprint?
    I'm not sure who you should call but I don't have any credit card info on my phone and I can download free apps perfectly fine.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah...figured that, after all it did work on the original phone perfectly fine running 1.3.5

Weird, considering the phone is new and totally unmodded.
    She needs to the Emergency Migration app from WebOS internals. Do some searching. Lots of people had the app catalog problem.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Yeah...figured that, after all it did work on the original phone perfectly fine running 1.3.5

Weird, considering the phone is new and totally unmodded.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    She needs to the Emergency Migration app from WebOS internals. Do some searching. Lots of people had the app catalog problem.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  6.    #6  
    I have to dig around with that stuff on a new unmodded phone? Her original phone was unmodded too!
    had that same prob (from what it sounds like) a while back and a reset fixed the problem....not sure why or if it'll work for her but tell her to try
  8.    #8  
    She restarted the phone but that didn't fix it. I won't see her until Friday, so hopefully it will fix itself by then.

When you say "reset" you mean turning the phone off and then back on, or do a full erase?
    i meant just turn it off then back on...sorry it didnt work though