Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't take it anymore. This phone is a piece of garbage. My FOURTH Pre decided to stop charging today. I tried everything and I couldn't doctor it because my computer wouldn't recognize it. So I did a full erase, lost all of my documents, and it still wont charge. I'm guessing something shorted out. The Best Buy in my area is already closed so now i'm stuck with no phone (I have the Best Buy Service Plan). Honestly I should have just sticked with my instinct which had ZERO problems in over a year. I really like the phone but I can't take the problems it has. All I do is tell people how wonderful it is, how it's one of the best phones on the market, but it has too many problems and for the fifth time I'm left without a working phone.
    maybe this phone is too much for you ..im in my first pre since july!
    Sounds like bad luck. Got two launch day Pre's doing just fine.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks5171 View Post
    So I did a full erase, lost all of my documents
    As opposed to a "FULL ERASE" leaving, what, everything still there?

Honestly I should have just sticked with my instinct
    Yes.

Seriously, what's the point? You're breaking the phones. I'm on my second and the first didn't even "fail" in that sense of the word.
    Fortunately, since you have the Best Buy equipment plan, getting a new one will be as simple as taking it to your local Best Buy tomorrow morning and getting a new one.

The problem in and of itself seems to be a cracked USB port where you would charge the phone. You really shouldn't have done a full erase of your phone, which I'm sure you know by now. If you had played around with the phone long enough, you might have induced a connection long enough to back up your documents onto your phone. (I've had a lot of personal experience with my Pre doing this, and I've been able to do it as well. Results may vary.)

And, as a personal aside, the snarky nature of this forum has taken an incredible rise lately. It seems like no matter what your complaint is about the Pre (justified or not) there will be someone there to belittle you. I just hope that those of you who act this way to your fellow posters don't have any problems with your phones, otherwise you might find yourself on the opposite side of your own snarky nature.

I ain't sayin', just sayin'....
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    As opposed to a "FULL ERASE" leaving, what, everything still there?

Yes.

Seriously, what's the point? You're breaking the phones. I'm on my second and the first didn't even "fail" in that sense of the word.
    Please explain to me how i'm breaking the phones. Let me go through each phone for you and please enlighten me and explain how it was my fault.

Phone One: Touch Screen Stopped Working

Phone Two: After returning my first phone, I received a new Pre and as I was leaving the store the power button stopped working.

Phone Three: Touch Screen problem AGAIN

Phone Four: Stopped Charging/ Shorted Our?

Please tell me sir how it is my fault. You have no knowledge about the problems iv'e had with the phones. Keep in mind that I have NEVER dropped the phones. They have no scratches and no other visible blemishes. The first three phones broke within the thirty day guarantee so I was lucky. Now please give me your explanation. I really can't wait to hear what you have to say.
    the pre wasn't made for u and vise versa.. go join the instinct community, i'm sure they want u back since nobody have or traded that piece of >>>>>.. u and the instict r a perfet match !! go bye
    Last edited by jovanny27; 01/06/2010 at 09:15 PM.
    OP, it just sounds like you have really bad luck. I've never had a problem with my Pre. I only had to Doctor it once, but that was my fault. I played around in root too much lol...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    the pre wasn't made for u and vise versa.. go join the instinct community, i'm sure they want u back since nobody have or traded that piese of >>>>>.. u and the instict r a perfet match !! go bye
    You need to calm down. Do you really think I would rather have an Instinct over my Pre? Of course not man, but i'm getting extremely frustrated. I'm going to be on my fifth Pre and it sucks that it keeps breaking. Im very busy right now with school and sports. It's my senior year of hs and there is a lot going on with college stuff so it's a pain in the a** to have to deal with this right now.
    Well. At least it's a good time to get a different phone and/or network. You can get out of your Sprint contract without paying an ETF. Plus, there are some nice phones out now like the Droid or Nexus One.
    1st pre went bad? ---> bad luck
    2nd pre went bad? ---> coincidence
    3rd pre went bad? ----> replace it one last time
    4th pre went bad? -----> replace de user, is not the device
    5th pre? ----> definatelly is the user who's doing something wrong !!

i have my first pre since August ( and love it )
    I got my pre and lovely it every day. I had drop my phone like three times and works as i first gotten it. you might have bent the usb port on the phone. Don't the hate the phone just got be more careful with it.
  13.    #13  
    1st pre went bad? ---> bad luck
    2nd pre went bad? ---> coincidence
    3rd pre went bad? ----> replace it one last time
    4th pre went bad? -----> replace de user, is not the device
    5th pre? ----> definatelly is the user who's doing something wrong !!

i have my first pre since August ( and love it )
    You know what? I'm going to stop arguing with you about this. For one, maybe you should learn how to spell? That would be a great start. It would be much easier to understand your response. Second, your explanations (the ones that I can actually read and understand) still don't explain how it was my fault.
    I'm on my tenth and what seems to be my final replacement...stick with it!
    ok teacher ! im sure u understand what is my point !! is a user problem ! bye bye
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    I'm on my tenth and what seems to be my final replacement...stick with it!
    Wow tenth Pre! Thanks for encouraging me and not giving me a hard time like other people.
    You know what? I'm going to stop arguing with you about this.
    Please explain to me why you would post this thread and not expect some flame... If you do not like the phone then just leave, you do not need to tell everyone that you had problems with your phone becuase everyone has problem with phones and does not matter which phone it is. IMO your just a sore loser.
  18.    #18  
    ok teacher ! im sure u understand what is my point !! is a user problem ! bye bye
    You have no point and your arguments are invalid and draw no conclusion of how it's my fault. Learn how to spell and write complete sentences and then maybe I will be able to better understand your point.
    Another troll train
    FEED THE TROLL!!!
    This is why I need a dislike button...
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast