Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. #21  
    Rofl your problem is cable. The reason it won't charge is cause the cable is faulty. The reason it won't recognize it cause the cable is faulty. Sheesh use some common sense.
  2. #22  
    There are some real jerks on this board.

    Anyone who can't see that this device has some serious hardware issues is just choosing to be blind to the fact. I have been pretty lucky only because my phone is still functional and hasn't completely fallen apart yet. I do have a terrible oreo effect, lost all my Palm profile contacts one time, and have had to run the doctor after two of the OTA updates even though I do not use patches. Those things I chalk up to a first gen device, however I'm not sure how forgiving I'd be after replacing 4 phones.

    Why does everyone get so defensive about a PHONE? If you had the same experience as the OP you'd be on here crying your eyes out too and you know it.

    Now...OP please for the love of God do not go back to that POS Instinct. LOL
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    There are some real jerks on this board.

    Anyone who can't see that this device has some serious hardware issues is just choosing to be blind to the fact. I have been pretty lucky only because my phone is still functional and hasn't completely fallen apart yet. I do have a terrible oreo effect, lost all my Palm profile contacts one time, and have had to run the doctor after two of the OTA updates even though I do not use patches. Those things I chalk up to a first gen device, however I'm not sure how forgiving I'd be after replacing 4 phones.

    Why does everyone get so defensive about a PHONE? If you had the same experience as the OP you'd be on here crying your eyes out too and you know it.

    Now...OP please for the love of God do not go back to that POS Instinct. LOL
    +100000 when the first iphone came out it was horrible.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of Reason View Post
    Fortunately, since you have the Best Buy equipment plan, getting a new one will be as simple as taking it to your local Best Buy tomorrow morning and getting a new one.

    The problem in and of itself seems to be a cracked USB port where you would charge the phone. You really shouldn't have done a full erase of your phone, which I'm sure you know by now. If you had played around with the phone long enough, you might have induced a connection long enough to back up your documents onto your phone. (I've had a lot of personal experience with my Pre doing this, and I've been able to do it as well. Results may vary.)

    And, as a personal aside, the snarky nature of this forum has taken an incredible rise lately. It seems like no matter what your complaint is about the Pre (justified or not) there will be someone there to belittle you. I just hope that those of you who act this way to your fellow posters don't have any problems with your phones, otherwise you might find yourself on the opposite side of your own snarky nature.

    I ain't sayin', just sayin'....
    I've almost all but stopped replying to posts on here since the Pre launched. I've said it before, ever since WebOS and the Pre, the crop and quality of people (not everyone obviously, but some) that have joined this site compared to the "old timers" from the Palm OS days are just tepid. There's no comparison at all.

    Like you've observed, it's just terrible. The level of maturity, personal opinion and even disagreement is so different than during the Palm OS days. 'tis a shame really. I see so often closed threads and so much name calling. Sigh...
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  5. Pardoe's Avatar
    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #25  
    why does everybody come on here to complain about how horrible the phone is and how they want to get a new phone
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

    Click To See My Themes

    If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
  6. #26  
    i only replaced it once and it was my fault...broke the power button off while tryin 2 txt and eat while goin down the stairs...
  7. osirus's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #27  
    Listen to the Forum and do this remove the Battery and then put it back in and (now here's where it gets tricky) hold down the Vol. up button and then the power button at the same time you should see a usb sign plug it into your computer and run Doctor

    this is a fail safe for when this problem happens ... good luck

    p.s. work with this community they are very helpful
    Hi Everybody!!!
  8. #28  
    Wow.... I'm on an original release Pre... no loose slider... no charging problems, still on the original battery (& I'm a heavy power user)... maybe all those problems are the users? maybe..yes..no
    Hate to see Palm getting beat up cause people are treating there phone like crap. It's a delicate piece of electronics for god sake. It's only going to be as good to you, as you are to it.
    The Saint
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Rofl your problem is cable. The reason it won't charge is cause the cable is faulty. The reason it won't recognize it cause the cable is faulty. Sheesh use some common sense.
    I tried it with two different cables and took it to radioshack as they were still open. They used their cable and it still didn't work.
  10. osirus's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks5171 View Post
    I tried it with two different cables and took it to radioshack as they were still open. They used their cable and it still didn't work.
    Did You Try It?
    Hi Everybody!!!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by osirus View Post
    Did You Try It?
    is that you in your avatar? you're a model? are u single? you say you're looking for a boyfriend?
  12. osirus's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    is that you in your avatar? you're a model? are u single? you say you're looking for a boyfriend?
    lol
    Hi Everybody!!!
  13. rposa's Avatar
    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Like you've observed, it's just terrible. The level of maturity, personal opinion and even disagreement is so different than during the Palm OS days. 'tis a shame really. I see so often closed threads and so much name calling. Sigh...
    Now, I did reply to the first guy, and probably a bit snarky - too. This phone platform isn't perfect, but when someone comes to THIS forum and starts ranting about a problem, with a threat to go to/back to another phone/carrier.. It's not MY fault. Hell, why isn't he in the palm.com forums. Why does he not call Palm's tech support. He provided no information.

    He, and about 6 other seemingly trollposts on the front page at once. He may have a legitimate problem with his phone, but when it gets to the point of where someone has 3-5 phones under their belt, they either need to go buy a lottery ticket, or they need to find a different platform.

    However, I didn't reply to his personal attacks, however snarky I might have been at the beginning. I've been around since the Treo days, and I'd like to think that I've contributed in positive ways to the community. Maybe not with this post, but definitely in other ways.
  14. Dunkin's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #34  
    Sorry to say this, however the less I read this forum the more I like my phone. I log on every once in a while to check on update news new apps etc.. When you walk into what seems to be a tissue convention every time you open a post, it ends up getting a bit depressing.

    Oh and OP don't call people out on spelling and other grammatical errors, when half your posts were riddled with them.

    Other then that good luck in your future endevors.
  15. #35  
    I used to be in the TV repair buisness and I believe there is some truth that some people just have bad luck with these things. I can remember some specific customers who always had a problem and would cycle through different models with something breaking every few months. I could repair one of thier habitualing failing TVs and give it to someone else and it would go for years without another problem. They could buy a model known for reliabality and it would stop working within a few months.

    I have my launch day pre and have no hardware troubles.
  16. #36  
    I'm still on my first Pre and happy with it, but I know that doesn't mean that others haven't had their runs of bad luck with it. Sorry your run's been bad Knicks and I hope your next phone treats you well...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

    PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
  17. #37  
    I'm on my ninth Pre right now. I have 6 dead pixels and rising. That really is the only problem with this one so I am dealing with it ... for now. I may take it in again and get my 10th phone.

    For all the people that think that it is user error. Please grow up. Plus, if these were user error, I would have not gotten all 8 replacements for free. I would have had to file an insurance claim. I didn't even really have to push at all to the sprint employees that I needed a new phone. A couple of times, they were even the ones who suggested it.

    OP, I feel for you and I hope it works out. Take some deep breaths and relax.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunkin View Post
    Sorry to say this, however the less I read this forum the more I like my phone. I log on every once in a while to check on update news new apps etc.. When you walk into what seems to be a tissue convention every time you open a post, it ends up getting a bit depressing.

    Oh and OP don't call people out on spelling and other grammatical errors, when half your posts were riddled with them.

    Other then that good luck in your future endevors.
    And that's a sad state of affairs. Unfortunately, with all the complaints on the forum recently, as well as the nature of the complaints, that's an inevitable result.

    I hope the mods are reading this.
  19. #39  
    Darn, I came in thinking this thread was about me.

    Still on Pre #1 here and it's working great again with 1.3.5.1 (after being a steaming, unreliable "too many cards" POS with 1.3.1). I have minor oreo issues but it's not enough to matter (I realize some phones have a ridiculous amount of twist). I look forward to Palm's continuing improvement of webOS.

    If I were in the OP's shoes with a bunch of bad phones, I would've given up after #3 or so. Palm must've hired the same company that did QC on the Xbox 360 hardware, and it shows in the build quality and the number of issues people are reporting, not all of which are people whining (although the people with zero or one post coming in to say they're leaving is always humorous). I'm willing to attribute the hardware issues to Palm being a near-dead company that was relaunching in a big way (and not having anywhere near the capital of their competitors), but their future hardware had better be rock-solid.
  20. T3CK's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks5171 View Post
    You need to calm down. Do you really think I would rather have an Instinct over my Pre? Of course not man, but i'm getting extremely frustrated. I'm going to be on my fifth Pre and it sucks that it keeps breaking. Im very busy right now with school and sports. It's my senior year of hs and there is a lot going on with college stuff so it's a pain in the a** to have to deal with this right now.
    Are you working in construction?
    Now seriously, I'm on my fourth Pre. The first 3 broke in the first month, this one is rock solid and under intense use since September. No issues.

    Instead of getting frustrated for one piece of plastic, go see your girl, she will make you happier then a broken phone. Cheers
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions