1.    #1  
    I'm having some major problems with the web browser since I updated to 1.3.5. Whenever I go to a "non-mobile" website its slows WebOS to barely usable until I am able to close the browser. For example, a site like metsblog.com, or the normal ESPN.com and others, both of which I frequented regularly without one single problem before I updated, now when I try to go to the sites they load extremely slow and when I try to scroll, or pinch and zoom, or even just try to swipe close the browser it takes 10 seconds or so to do any of those functions. As far as I can tell I dont have any browser patches installed. I went as far as removing all my patches as well, and did the same thing...anyone else having the same issues...?
    install the iphone user agent patch it makes most sites render in mobile
    open up web browser and swipe down top left and go into preferences and then scroll down and clear cache and clear cookies and let me know if that fixes this for you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    open up web browser and swipe down top left and go into preferences and then scroll down and clear cache and clear cookies and let me know if that fixes this for you
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    install the iphone user agent patch it makes most sites render in mobile
    Did both already didnt work...its not a problem with the site not recognizing the browser and giving me the "non-mobile" site. Its almost like as if WebOS itself is chocking once I go to any non mobile site, so much so that it almost freezes the phone for 10 of ALL functions until the browser is closed. Think of if Windows is nonresponsive, you go to close whatever program it is that freezing, and it takes 10 seconds for it to close, then Windows goes back to normal...
    how much free memory do you have on your pre
    i thought I noticed the lag with browser open also, i'll check again
    ok open device info app. and then swipe down top menu on left then preferences and try the quick tests and see if it finds anything. if it does it will send a report to palm . be on the look out for web os repair utility for 1.3.5.1 lol, and when it does come out run it on your phone and see if that fixes your issue. thats all i can think of right now.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok open device info app. and then swipe down top menu on left then preferences and try the quick tests and see if it finds anything. if it does it will send a report to palm . be on the look out for web os repair utility for 1.3.5.1 lol, and when it does come out run it on your phone and see if that fixes your issue. thats all i can think of right now.
    I should have mentioned I have 1.3.5.1 already but give the quick test a try. When I open the browser everything is fine, when I go to mobile sites, espn mobile, slickdeals.net mobile, precentral.net mobile, everything is fine..its just the "normal" websites that is giving me trouble. and its only since the updates I've been having this problem...

Quick test shows everything is good.....this is very odd...I really hope I dont have to "doctor" my Pre..
    Last edited by ProAm500; 01/06/2010 at 08:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProAm500 View Post
    For example, a site like metsblog.com
    There is the problem right there... :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruhi View Post
    whats wrong with this site ?? never mind i get it now lol i like neither one myself ha!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruhi View Post
    I figured someone would say that...all jokes aside...anyone else having this issue?
    I'm not. My browser is actually running much better with the new version. Honestly ProAm, you might just need to erase the phone and install again. Sometimes things mess up. Hopefully a clean install will fix that. Especially if it seems no one else is really having your problem. Best of luck.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    My browsing experience has never been better
    than it is now. I use almost no mobile sites.
    I've seen no lagginess or memory issues
    since 1.3.5. I'd suggest looking for some
    other culprit such as a heavily image laden
    site, or some other app eating your memory.

ian
    Ditto .. web browsing since 1.3.5 has been much better. Hopefully your issue can be resolved