Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I have noticed more than once that the time on my Pre will be wrong. Luckily it is never behind, but I have seen it as far ahead as 27 minutes. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it and it does seem to right itself at some point for a while. I am on my second Pre as the first had serious speaker issues where I could not use the speaker phone, barely hear my rings, or listen to music without the headphones. The Sprint service center swapped it out for me, at which point I lost all photos, notes, homebrew apps, patches, etc. that the Palm Backup doesn't cover. Back to the concern here. I had this same issue with that phone as I do with the new one.
    There has been more than one time when the date has been wrong also. The date in the top bar will show "1-4-10" for instance and the calendar icon below shows "3". It did this New Years and the calendar icon never did show "1" it went straight to "2" the next day.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Ever since New Years Eve when I realized my phone's time was off from the official countdown time (by a few minutes) I have been keeping an eye on it. I have since found it wrong, again by a few minutes, a few more times. The only way I could get it to go back to the correct time was by a full reset.

I haven't found a reason for the error yet, but I too am baffled by why this occurs. All the times I've noticed it incorrect I have had wifi on. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or if its just coincedance but thought i would mention it.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by Auzo; 01/06/2010 at 08:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    It has happened to me after each update no matter what I do. I ended up rebooting my phone after the first day and it takes care of the issue.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I can state that Palm is aware of the issue and is actively investigating to determine a root cause.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    i did a reboot and it corrected the incorrect date display in the quick launch "cards"
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I haven't had this problem for a while now. When I did, I just turn on aeroplane (airplane for US) mode and then turn it off and it would update the time within about 30 secs.