Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok so 1.3.5.1 is to fix the bug with exchange, i dont have exchange so who cares, i just put all that preware stuff back on my phone since the last update, i dont want to do all that ***** again, SOOOOOOOO how can i stop this from happening, shouldnt they give u a more then two option later or now what about never ask again
  2.    #2  
    bump
    I believe there is a tweak that will allow you to disable the automatic update. I believe it is provided by the webOS internals group, but I'm no expert in this field.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  4. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Prevent WebOS Auto Updates
    From the Linux command line enter:

cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod -x /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon
    killall UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /

Note: Hit enter twice between each line to get me back to a root prompt.

Enjoy!
    do you need to root to do this?
    I had this problem on my phone and completely forgot about removing patches and updated without removing anything. Update installed no problem and all patches are also still there. Just do the update without removing your patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    ok so 1.3.5.1 is to fix the bug with exchange, i dont have exchange so who cares, i just put all that preware stuff back on my phone since the last update, i dont want to do all that ***** again, SOOOOOOOO how can i stop this from happening, shouldnt they give u a more then two option later or now what about never ask again
    As it turns out it's not such a big deal. I was feeling the same way about the update, then after reading about other peoples experiences I left my 19 patches in just removed the theme and updated with no problems. Many people didn't even remove their themes and did it. It only takes about five minutes.....Painless
    60 plus here and no problems at all!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I removed my patches but not my theme and did the 1.3.5.1 update. Reloaded patches and all is fine.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Word is you don't need to remove your patches to update... just go ahead and do it.
    No problems here either. I just didn't take the chance w/ the theme. Removed it and download went just fine, all patches still working.
    Update took 30 seconds. Piece of cake. Custom theme and 40 patches.
    You really don't have to remove everything if you are updating from 1.3.5 to 1.3.5.1. Starying with the 1.3.5 update it only downloads the new files and adds them. In this case it is only 1 meg because it is only a few files that the calender uses. I have a few calender patches installed when I updated and everything still works here. If you want to be really safe just remove the few calender patches you may have then update. It really isn't worth going through and disabling the update deamon to not have to update.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    hey, ive heard you dont have to remove your patches for this update.

anyone else hear that?
    Yup...I updated last night. Didn't have to uninstall anything(unless you have any calender patchs). Took about 10 min. I've been using my Pre all day. So far so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    hey, ive heard you dont have to remove your patches for this update.

anyone else hear that?
    Jesus Christ man can you try reading the God dam thread before blindly replying? There's 20 people above you saying they applied the update with patches on. You have 500 posts. You should know better than that.

Content:
    You'll have no problems updating with your patches on.
    Ron said in palmcast 90 that he has some BIG changes to preware that will make updating webos with patched in play more convient to deal with soon. WebOS updates is the way of things and blocking updating isnt really a solution for patching and webos internals recognizes this. Hang in there buddy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    hey man. this update is very small. if you are updating from 1.3.5.1, you won't need to uninstally any patches other than ones related to calander.
    Quote Originally Posted by AEMAX View Post
    do you need to root to do this?
    No, it could be done from the Tools> Linux Commandline option of WebOS Quick Install. I believe that function also handles the mount options before and after executing whatever you type in, so you can skip those two lines if doing it under WOSQI...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusMatrix View Post
    You have 500 posts. You should know better than that.

i probably do.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast